1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

How can something naught be endless?

/me has to stop asking questions that have no answers. Remember what happened last time...

2. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I think he meant it in the sense that 0 added after any other digit can be endless and it multiplies the value of the number geometrically.

This being a random babbling post however, no post can make complete sense, so...

why did the goblin cross the road?

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Mortals, FEAR ME!! Fellow Denizen's Of Sorcerer's Place WELCOME ME!! For I, The UNFATHOMABLE And GREAT JAGUAR Have FINALLY ARRIVED!! I Have Entered The Ranks Of QAUDRUPLE DIGITS!!! :evil: :flaming: :borg:

:evil: MWAHAHAHAHA
    ... *cough* *wheeze* *hack*

Could somebody please pass me my inhaler? :mommy:

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What's wrong with the number 8? :(

5. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Bah, Tripod took down my website for talking about Neverwinter Nights hak files, which they took to mean that I'm a hacker and breaching copyright laws...

Fortunately I keep all the HTML saved on the computer, so I can just upload everything again. It's still annoying though. Means re-uploading all my NWN haks and modules. :(

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Meh...that can be annoying. Something similar happened to a friend of mine, and he wanted to sue Homestead. :rolleyes:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was doing a search and came across what looks to be the very first Random Babble (although it was called something else then).

I wonder how may of these things there have been? (The current one is #24, but I think that is only #24 of the threads actually called "Random Babble".)

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Alavin: try szm.com. The plus is it's extremely fast, totally free, without crappy limits (max file size is 1MB and not some crappy 200KB) and with no ads whatsoever. The downside is it doesn't support anything server-side (like CGI, PHP, SQL databases etc) and you need to figure out what they mean in Slovak. I understand it because it's similar to Polish, but I still had to make Google search for some day of the week's name in Slovak :D Host.sk is even better if you don't mind the $29 one time setup fee.

9. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

They removed the four of them wisdom teeth today...

:sick: ****ing hurts. :sick:

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    D'oh! Have some ice cream! Luckily, I still have all my wisdom teeth...Thus, my incredibly wise contributions to SP, lo these many years... ;) :lol:

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ice cream, soup broth and jello are all good things to have after getting all four wisdom teeth out.

Painkillers are wonderful things after getting four wisdom teeth out.

12. BigStick Gems: 13/31

A co-worker just informed me that she discovered from her sister who is being relocated to Germany that most homes there do not have closets due to some sort of extra tax. Is it just me, or does this seem a bit strange? :confused:

Any truth to it?

13. chevalier

Media:
    I promised two of my former classmates to go to a club with them and when that day came, the dentist removed my wisdom tooth in the morning. It was a curious experience... going to a club loaded with painkillers for a dancing night. Oh well, would I ever break a promise or let girls down? ;)

14. BigStick Gems: 13/31

My mouth's so big that I had to ask a dentist if my wisdom teeth had come in. :D Now I just have to worry about them not being full of cavities which is much harder than it seems it should be. I've had fillings in two of them in the last 9 months and that doubles the total number of fillings in my mouth. :(

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ugh, wisdom teeth. What a pain. What's the point of them? What happened to people's wisdom teeth 300 years ago when there were no dentists?

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There were "dentists" throughout the history of man, even way more back than 300 years ago. You think it hurts today? Just think how it was back then, when they literally chiselled teeth out. Or just let them to rot completely and get false teeth from a corpse...

17. chevalier

Media:
    Errr... my first wisdom tooth came out in two pieces. First they sawed the crown off and then they stuck the root on something and pulled it out.

18. Oxymore Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I'm in pain, so I'll just post stuff. :o

My two inferior teeth were, shall we say, pushing in the wrong direction (horizontally), and they were quite big too. The doctor had to hack and slash them into three or more pieces (I'm counting them now).

Funny thing is: it took me about thirty second to fall asleep after the injection, I awoke barely two hours after and haven't dozed off since.

Drugs don't seem to affect me that much... ****ing painkillers won't even work. :flaming:

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

According to Whatnots and Whatnots Archive search there have been:

24 'Random Babbling Post';
    6 'Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense';
    and;
    1 'The Official 'Doh, nothing has been posted' Post'

So that would make this the 31st.

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There was also one called “Bored? Depressed? Just plain stupid? Let's hear it!”, and another called “Post for the lonely, the broken-hearted, the verbose, and the agitated”

So that would make this at least the 33rd.

And in an eerie coindidence, the first one ended on September 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.