1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

But sometimes if Tal isn't present the RB could get out of hand and exceed 500 posts. Eventually, some young upstart like Beren has to start it. :p

2. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ooh...just spent the day at the beach; and I saw Anchor Man. Don't go see it. There're 2 funny scenes in the movie (hilarious really), but they're not worth sitting through the whole thing.

@chev- Ok fine; she did lie to him (I forgot about that little bit you quoted)...once. I know her well enough to say that it's not a habit of hers. And the reason for it is obvious enough; she paid for that lie. The other guy saw that the 2 of us were together; and acted as he saw fit (ie. by letting her go; and then being a dick and avoiding her).
    Idolize? I think not. Just because I think about her more often than I think of anything else doesn't mean I "idolize" her. Wrong word. Worship would probably be a better word :p . It would still be wrong, but it'd be closer to the mark. I don't know if there's a word for it or not; and I certainly don't think that I've described what's going on in good enough detail here on the Boards for anyone to put a label on what's going on (ie. me being wrapped around her finger; that would imply both that she's consciously trying to control me, and that she's actually trying to control me...which certainly isn't the case). I mean, think whatever you guys want; just don't start calling out these accusations :p . It might give others the wrong impression :rolleyes:

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the
    imagination and bottling the common sense.
    --Helen Rowland

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Love is when two people start stalking each other
    -- someone on Bash :D

Just a general question - do fish make noises?

Kirias - my big suckerfish, keeps squeaking and I'm wondering if it's normal :mommy:

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

DM - there are other ones. When they changed name from Random Babbling Possibly with some Sense to just Random Babbling the count started again.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] @Aikanaro That song you Where talking about in last RB, that's a Nightwish song right?

@Rednik AIM??? You don't mean the education I hope????

Only a few days left till spain :p

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

And as well as those with sense (false advertising) name change there was slappy's original one.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

SleepleSS - yeah, from their Angels Fall First album.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mmmm... I got nothin' to say.

Oh yes, My girlfriend is far far far away because of a lame parents' excuse ¨family vacation¨ sheeesh...

oh yesterday the bus driver was a little shocked when I took the bus... with my brand new two-handed axe! Yeah I made one for today's battle 125 people that'll fight each other woot!

btw it's isn't a real axe it won't hurt anybody it's against the rules lame excuses for poor warrior!

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Woe! The Baldur's Gate (1 and 2) forums are no longer places that I can freely jack up my post count! All mod and tech talk :(

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Faerus: Just what Jaguar said. No one's trying to throw any accusations - no one bothers. No one's ever seen that girl. What we all are trying to do is to make you think coolly for a minute on where it's going. It's normal you think so much about her and it's not idolising. Idolising is that you see her as sort of a saint, distorting the real picture. For your own good, pay attention to all signals. Assumptions will be your doom - as they were mine in many cases, and many people's here, I guess.

As I said before, it's not like once lied always a liar, but one doesn't just lie once. Whether it's a small or a big lie is a very subjective matter. What's important is not how much but why and how. In this case, "why" is for convenience (to avoid the stress connected with telling him she was going to spend that time with you, or simply that she was busy and couldn't meet him), and "how" is by flat out lie and trust abuse. You shouldn't be surprised when she starts cheating on you.

The guy may seem to you to have acted like a dick, but in my view he's shown class. You can't expect people to be happy with others lying to them, can you? What would you expect him to do? I would do the same. Or rather have done the same in similar situations.

Again, you'll do what you want. But you've been warned ;) Best of luck and Godspeed. Hope she actually changes, not like I have much faith she will.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] @ SleepleSS

Nah, I don't mean education. I mean AOL Instant Messenger(AIM). That thing is just awesome.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Faerus, I think when you post things on the board on a regular basis about your personal life then you are inviting comment. I realize that you are posting here for encouragement but it is only natural that people write what they think. Don't take the negative things you hear in a bad way. Sometimes a situation is seen much clearer from outside although our comments are based only on the information that you choose to give us. If you are uncomfortable with the comments that we are making then I would gently suggest that you might post less about your situation, or accept that people here will express what they feel.

Whatever here is said, I'm sure that everyone hopes that you will be happy and not sad with these things that are happening to you.

14. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Cake is nice. Random baby!!!

15. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Is there anything better than a hot fudge sunday on a warm sticky night? :xx:

16. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, there is.

17. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

A brisk shower with a loved one?

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How about a brisk shower with a hot fudge sunday, with a loved one?

19. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Only if that hot fudge covers ice cream :D

Going from Sea World to three different Disney parks to Disney Quest in the course of three days is more than enough to completely wear a 30 year old body out.
    Driving home through severe thunderstorms and small tornadoes isn't very fun, either. My normally two hour trip home from the Mouse Town area took me five hours due to the weather.

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Wow...musta been an exciting 5 hours though :p .

Anyways...things are going well with my good lady; though she's still worried about committing to a relationship with me. She's just worried that I might do something to hurt her at some point this year, and she's afraid of starting a long-distance relationship. SO I suggested we try going out for the rest of the summer; and then at the end...well, we'll see. And she's gonna run that over in her head for a bit before giving me a decision. Though I told her that I was committed to her; regardless of whether she decided to make our relationship "official" or not. Until then (and afterwards too, I presume) we'll continue as we've been going the past little bit.

@Dragonfly- I post about all of this really just to get it off my chest; I don't really care whether people respond or not. But if people do choose to respond, I prefer that they do so with encouragement/advice/criticisms; NOT cynical and baseless accusations.

@chev- I know that he may look like a dick to me, considering my position. But I say that knowing that being in his shoes, I certainly wouldn't act that way (and having pretty much *been* in his shoes, I can say that for a fact I *didn't* act that way). I think he did act with class by telling her that he was taking himself out of the running (so to speak); but he was a dick by avoiding her. And no, I can't expect him to be happy with having been lied to; but when I get lied to, I confront the person who did the lying. I don't avoid them altogether. Especially if they're good friends. It doesn't matter now anyway; the two of them have settled and things are almost back to normal with them, which makes it easier for me to enjoy my time with her; knowing that it isn't causing her any more pain.
    And the only things about her that I wish would change, are her fear that I might do something to hurt her in the time we'd spend apart, as well as her fear of a long-distance relationship.
    Like I said in my earlier post chev; I don't appreciate accusations being tossed around. And this: You shouldn't be surprised when she starts cheating on you certainly qualifies as an accusation. A completely *baseless* accusation as well. I'd rather your cynicism towards women didn't extend to your comments about this particular one, please.

I asked earlier that accusations be avoided; I don't mind if people want to criticise *me* or give me advice or whatever. But accusing *her* of doing something like that in the future, is extremely uncool, and I ask *again* that it not be done. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.