1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Professor just gave my music and society class a rather odd assignment. The question is "what is time?"

Not looking forward to writing this thing, especially since it's my birthday on Sunday.

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@SleepleSS, you could post in quick reply then hit edit and change the post icon, perhaps slightly quicker than doing it in full reply.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lazy Bonzo, you idiot! Finally, we don't have to look at that stupid blue smilie that SleepleSS insists on putting beside every damn one of his posts, and you go and tell him how he can do it anyway. :flaming:

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Damn pessimistic family... :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Oh hey, idea! If I limit myself to one post per day from now, I won't have to see the Chrysoberyl at all, since I get my avvy on the 24th! :grin:

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Laiwethel, you poor thing, we spend heaps of lessons last year discussing the "What is time issue."

I don't even remember my own opinion anymore, just recall that there were a lot of people that didn't share it. IIRC Augustinus has an interesting theory about the subject.

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] @Splunge
    You hate the little bugger that much??? How cool is that I gonna Follow LB's instructions *insert evil Laugh here*

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Time is money?
    Time is the 4th dimension through which we travel?
    Time is a herb?

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

@Laiwethel, 'Time is wasted on this assignment' Might make for a suitably succinct answer (since time is immeasurable and has no definable beginning or end then the amount of time you spent doing the assignment is actually infinity which is a hell of a long time for one piece of work).

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I hate time. There usually seems to be either too much of it or not enough. But then, considering that time as we kmow it is a human invention and is a filament of our intoxication (no, that's not a typo) then I guess time doesn't really matter.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    When I graduated highschool all I wrote in the writeup under my picture in the yearbook was, "Time does not exist." I sure got teased a lot for that one. The funny thing is that the truth of it makes a lot more sense to me now then it did then.

I finished cleaning the basement about 1/2 hour ago and it looks great. I actually filled 5 garbage bags with crap and another bag with donation stuff. I even feel like working again on my huge painting that is tacked to the wall. It and I were deadlocked for a while but going through my stuff gave me a little inspiration.

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

My buddy and I were carpooling home from work and somehow the discussion turned to whether choice exists. My friend was insistant that it didn't.

Interesting coversation.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Heh, I've been in at least two major debates on what time is/its existance in the chatroom - who would have thought that we bunch would have something resembling a conversation on such waffly subjects.

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ah, good to be back... still a few weeks till my own connection, possibly even a month sincwe I am a very, very poor person right now. But the apartment is great, and the folks I'm sharing it with have yet to make any appearances at all :evil:

And Harky, you didn't disappoint me. The mess that was my first game was prolly due to the excessive levels of caffeine in my bloodstream... after all, caffeine pills amnd coke can make even me hyper :D

Then again, any game where a deer runs off with a character's clothes might go awry. :p

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think my take on the paper is that time is a way for us to experience life. But I have no clue if that makes any sense whatsoever.

I really have issues with this course. And how does time correspond with music and society?

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, it uh ... doesn't.

Fear the blatent pluggage here, but I want some people posting in my thread here. How am I supposed to find the people with the most potential for recruitment if no one's taking the test (short of playing with them and making the game collapse, now *that* has happened a lot of times...)

http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/747.html

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's friday and I can't believe how fast my first week off has gone when I haven't really had any fun. If I was smart I would just goof off today and watch T.V., play computer games, make paper houses with my son and read a book. Unfortunately I'll probably get back into my unnatural preoccupation with organization and cleaning and start on the livingroom.

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Time is indeed a human invention time is meaningless you can't stop time but must be on time... Time is what you say it is so take your time as long as you can...

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Back after finally getting my PC's new guts. Featuring reliable recommended models from reliable recommended producers. No more noname crap giving me nights full of screwdriver job and headache. No more praying for the thing to launch. No more sudden necessary replacements. At least I hope so.

It's amazing how much a couple of days without a computer can do to a man. How much to reveal, how much to tell. In fact, it's possible those several days made me solve a several year long matter taxing my life at a cruel rate. It's not like I actually hadn't been offline for periods longer than that in between, but perhaps the moment was right, or something. Perhaps I had to learn more than I had before. Still, just a couple of days and what happens.

19. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

WB Chev!

I did just draw a fish for a coluege (SP?) she is having a baby and I gonna miss her :( Hope she likes my card! Need to buy some chocolate to! I'm such a nice guy ;)

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"I drew the blade across my wrist to see how it would feel. I looked into the future, there was nothing to reveal."
    Hmm...I like the sound of this one...it's really catchy and the meaning is entirely unmistakable.
    A little too "in your face" though...people are as likely to harass you about what the hell is wrong with you as they are to ignore it completely. Meh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.