1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #24

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ejsmith, why are you downloading source code from Microsoft? I hope you aren't planning on doing something .... inappropriate with it... Or maybe it's just a hobby of yours?

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, I must have missed something, but I'm still not sure what our current Idiot of the Week did to deserve the title. Can anyone direct me to the offending post?

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Big Bald Ranger
    Spijkenisse rings a bell! I've been at a school in Rotterdam for 4 years (Grafisch Lyceam Rotterdam) and a lot of people there came from Spijkenisse.

is Hellevoestluis also near Portugaal? A good friend of mine lives there. I'm from Breda myself.

@ejsmith
    Source code from Windows, I hope you do that to find all the bugs and try to make a bug free Windows?

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

About time that we got some decent weather here. Blue skies, sunshine, no humidity, light breeze, now that's my idea of fantastic weather.

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I am SO looking forward to get out of the office today... this has probably been the most boring day ever... damn, still 20 minutes to go!

6. Dice

Media:
    Too bad you don't live in Alberta Colthrun, it's actually a holiday here today.

7. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

Tired but smiling :p And tomorow we work some more!

Why am I always short on cash if I work that much? Oh maybe because you don't get paid for going to school...

Let's get another beer then...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Harbourboy, he's another victim of the PoR forum. Maybe I should rename it to idiot-trap or something.

9. Dice

Media:
    I think I'm going to put an album in the SPMP site tonight. If I get the time for it that is.

EDIT: Did it.

[ August 03, 2004, 06:59: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Hey, can SPS holders and such get IotW Plaques? Not that I want to find out first hand or anything...

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!
    Latine loqui coactus sum.
    Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
    Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    So the blissful month of July ends, August will be as bad as July was good no doubt.

Ah well, que sera, sera. :)

12. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    ej, try doing a search in the code for nasty words, the comments are hilarious :lol:

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

@Dragonfly
    It was a bank holiday in Ireland too, but I had to work nevertheless. That made it much worse.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Yeah Tal, but really, you'll go easy on me, right? Right?

I'm screwed. :aww:

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I had a bizarre experience in class today. We were listening to a beautiful piece of music that was very trance-like, and my body instantly went into a deep meditative state. It usually takes longer for me to go into deep meditation, and usually I have to listen to music I know well in order for me to go within myself.

Thankfully, the prof didn't notice that I was out while the song was playing, and I came back into the real world when the piece was over.

[ August 04, 2004, 05:10: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, got back last night from yet another wasted trip down to Sydney to try to see my almost-7-year-old son. Not entirely wasted thoguh I guess because the wench actually turned up at the McDonalds where we're supposed to meet. Mind you, she went into the drive-thru, completely ignored my insistent attention-grabbing waving, and left as soon as she had what she'd ordered. But I guess at least I got to see my son's hair.

Let's just hope that the mother of my 2-and-a-half-year-old will let me see him on my birthday next week.

In more 'interesting' news, on the train on the way home, some school-aged girl flashed her breasts at the train just outside of Gosford! How original.

18. Dice

Media:
    That trance like state usually happens to me when my brothers start talking about hockey and transmissions.

19. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

And for me; when I'm at work...

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Damn! Just had a young woman sitting near me with the most intoxicating perfume! Man I love women.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.