1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #23

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Anyone ever get the feeling that they might have attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder?

I mean, I have always had some of the symptoms, but have always put them off as laziness and what not. But after reading an artical in a magazine, I'm not quite sure anymore.

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well I'm in dubio, I flunked my exam by 0.1 point. But Holland made it into the quarters at Euro2004.

I feel kinda good though, don't know why. Maybe because I know I'll make the next exam or if Holland wins the next match I'm in a plain to portugal.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm affraid I have it to. But not as worse is 4 years ago. There where moments there that Iwalked into a classroom sat down. And the only thing I remember was the bell at the end of the lesson...

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I think Frosty has ADHD :p ;) :D

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.

I'm going to make a webpage with an acquaintance and another yet unknown person (you see, it has to be someone within the year level, and the only two badass as computers are me and him).

http://www.tvnzwebchallenge.co.nz/site/2003winners/secondary.htm here is last year's winners. Go have a look!

I'll keep you people updated, but with me and his awesome skills we would probably at least get a two. PLACE THY BETS NOW! :D

6. Pac man Gems: 25/31

I'm betting AGAINST Deathmage, just for the hell of it. :D

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Deathmage: Back in the times when there was no Flash (tm) or PHP Nuke templates and Java Script or framesets were novelty, people were making sites manually or in FrontPage. While the FrontPage ones typically sucked a lot, some of the manually made ones were true gems. Unfortunately, they're down by now or have been replaced with soulless templates.

Heck, I don't have any of those oldschool sites anywhere on my drive, not even those I made myself :( Perhaps because I don't really make graphical show-off sites anymore and only typically informative ones with minimalistic graphics like my own site or my WC2 clan's site.

@Jaguar:

Let's see...

Tal only knows how many times I haven't closed an HTML tag on the news. Not listening when spoken to directly? If someone bugs me when I'm thinking about something important and I'm being too polite to tell the person to go pester someone else, yeah. I hate repetitive tasks. I have serious troubles focusing on a lecture or religious ceremony that lasts longer than 30-45 minutes. Hate chores. Dislike anything mundane with little exception. Prefer improvised approach (which doesn't prevent from creating a masterpiece of planning tactics if that is necessary to rule and own). Sustained mental effort... heck, I can do 40 hours of sustained mental effort but systematic study isn't my realm. I always lose pens (I don't even own any >$1 pen because of this, if any one of my pens is actually mine in the first place). Finding my glasses in the morning can last a couple minutes even if I wake up sober. Extraneous stimuli... hell, no. There's a hierarchy of things and not being interrupted in my job is very close to the top of that hierarchy. Unless the extraneous stimuli has a pair of beautiful legs, I mean, eyes. Forgetful? Heck, I would first have to try to remember. And the worst thing ever is looking for lost things. Even my own ones. I also hate it when people don't accept a job as done until enough (in their mind) time has been spent, no matter the actual result.

Fidgeting... sometimes I'd stop in order to show respect. Difficulty organising things? I don't have any, if I actually try to, which doesn't actually happen more often than once in millennia. I don't leave seat if I'm expected to be seated, but that's it. I prefer to stand all the time and often walk (like walk in a lift). Running when inappropriate? No, but try to keep my pace when I'm walking. Troubles with engaging in leisure activities quietly? No. But it's due to manners more than anything. Driven by a motor? Thou shalt not mess with me for I am the vessel of power :p Talking excessively... What else am I doing right now?

Blurting out answers before questions are completed. Many times I listen out purely out of respect. I know it before. Sometimes before they open their mouth, let alone finish speaking. Interrupting others? On important business that isn't my own and if I can't address the person in a later time, I come close, wait to be asked, and cut in the first pause if I'm not. Well-mannered persons catch the idea and ask.

So, do I qualify? :shake: :lol:

/me yawns

!coffee :coffee: :coffee:

8. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Muse's version of House of the rising sun rules!

I need some love right now I'm bit depressed if I look at the pile of schoolwork. and getting only negative test results right now :( ..

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Go Deathmage. Win that TVNZ challenge! You could be on TV!

10. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ahhhhh, my number of the beast post 666 :evil:

Now I'll cry.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I can't believe I'm actually single again after over four years in a relationship that was going nowhere in a real hurry. Yay! :thumb:

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The world is at your feet.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm in IT and need an english translation :p

"Data collection, data capture and input.

In measurement and control tasks, marks can be awarded for the selection of sensors, sampling times, variables and calibration (as appropriate)"

and later on...

"Not all applications software readily incorporates automatic or user defined verification and/or validation techniques. However, the candidate should be aware of how data is chacked and, where appropriate, should have used methods to check that data inputted into their system is correct. Possible verification checks could include visual checking, double entry, etc. Whilst validation could include range checks, etc."

:) :(

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

/me babbles randomly.

I'm thinking of buying Icewind Dale 2. If I can find it in this hellhole of a town that is.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Can't you order it? If you place a bigger order, shipment costs could be lower and some part would be charged once only.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hey, try this 404, although dont try it too often, else it might commit suicid :lol:

four-oh-four!!

17. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Playing solitary till dawn with a deck of 51...

Smoking Joint and watch captain Kangeroo no don't tell me I got nothing to do...

18. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    First day of summer hols and I spend it with a minor hangover...maybe I shouldn't have drunk chocolate milk at the end of the evening. ;)

On the positive side: another party tonight. :D

19. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I should be doing something else right now. Tra la la la la la!

20. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@8people:
    Not sure about the context of this text, but it seems to be from a textbook of some sort. The first passage seems to be talking about the criteria for evaluating the design of the data input system.

The second passage appears to be talking about working with third-party software (apps that you have not developed) and feeding data into them. As is usually the case with this type of software, it'll never check everything the way you need/want it checked, so you have to know what it will do so that you can feed it what it requires and what it won't do so that you can handle that validation on your own. Then it lists a few ways that you might perform your own validations.

For example, at my company we have data entry screens that require transactions to be keyed twice, at different times, by different people before the data is accepted (double entry). We also have tables of data (e.g.- warehouse code table) that are used to verify that input values are valid and calculations to determine if entered numbers are unreasonable changes to the previous value.

Hope this helps and isn't too delayed to be of use... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.