1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

There's all sorts of gradations to that scenario....and it all depends on what you value most and are willing to live with to meet your goals.

I've worked jobs that I've hated -- just for the high salary -- in the end it doesn't pay....you end up miserable. Most people don't like to go to a job they can't stand. Eventually, it eats you up inside.

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've never actualy had a job, but i agree with Spellbound. Having a job just for high salary is sucky. Money is so overated anyway. It's usefull, but far too many people are owned my money instead of the other way around.
    Besides, if you're doing a job for money, i suppose you're telling yourself you're doing it so you'll enjoy yourself later. This later rarely happens, since you're so ensnared in the cycle you keep putting it off and keeping it a dream instead of reality. And you're surely not happy with a pile of gold you've earned.
    On the other hand, you can have fun every day, not having much money, but it doesnt really matter, since you're enjoying yourself. What's money for anyway? People gather it so they'll be able to enjoy themselves. It's an ideal, rather than a tool they own.

*shrugs*
    mind, i've never had to work to get money or anything, so that's most surely an idealistic way of looking at it. I prefer it that way though. :)

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That's very right. By the way, why have you never had to work for money? Are your folk’s millionaires or something? Spoiled little brat!!! :toofar:

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

See, here in New Zealand we're luckey (or unluckey, depending on how you look at it) as the minumin wage that you can get paid is over that. It's probably arond US$5 per hour. This of course has a lot of bad points to it, but when one is unqualified and such it's great.

5. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I would say that's rather awful. $5 US dollars are about £2.50 Sterling and the minimum wage here is almost £5, which is like $9 dollars. Which is to me is still awful for a minimum wage. Definitely unlucky

6. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

If a dutch guy created french fries, did a french guy create double dutch?

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just remember people - professionals built the Titanic while an amateur built the Ark

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    However the titanic is proven to be real.

9. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I wonder...what's better, "imaginary" things or real things that failed miserably?

Experience has taught me that it is indeed entirely possible to work a job that you seriously hate and which has low pay (ie minimum wage, or just above it). By that token, I figure it would be all too easy to work a job that you despise, but has good pay. Hell, I'd *love* to work a bad job that pays well!

And contrary to what some of you hippies ( :p ) keep saying, money is indeed important. Money pays your bills, your education, your children's education, your food, etc. Therefore, it is completely irrational to disregard money entirely.

Well in that case, my insides must be long gone... :p (that could explain a lot of things though... :rolleyes: ).

/me steps off soapbox, and climbs back into his tunnel.

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

If all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops...

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    What is wrong with the ALFA site? It just won't load ... :confused:

[EDIT: of course it doesn't when I still use the old alandfaraway.net when it should be .org...silly me :doh: ]

[ May 20, 2004, 19:31: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

13. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

As you say, Faerus....case in point. ;)

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go, Calgary! :D

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Let it be known to everybody! The cup shall return to Canada, where it rightfully belongs!

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I'm a little bit of a geek, but not as much when I compare myself to some other individuals I know (I don't know *squat* about running Samba).

However, I outright laughed at this one:

"Wow. You've finally found a use for "tar --swap-every-third-byte --emulate-vax-post-1993 --include-hurd-source-but-backward". I've always wondered what all of those weird extra GNU options were for."

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I went, I saw, I passed :grin:

Had two days to prepare, but still got an A. I dried two cups of coffee within the first couple of minutes of that charming conversation :lol: Administrative law final exams. Constitutional law is on Tuesday, though.

18. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Anyone who knows what tar means is automatically a geek ;)

19. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I thought tar was either the stuff that city councils put on roads or one of the "bad things" in cigarettes which are slowly killing me?

Or else a slang term for a sailor.

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hockey tonight!
    We're playing Kapiti College as well! Our college's rival college, so to speak! *laughs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.