1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

2. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

How much wood can a woodchuck really chuck? Hmmm... :hmm: :hmm:

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Isn't it 'how much wood WOULD a woodchuck chuck?

Anyway, my life at the moment has a pretty good cast but that damn scriptwriter has vanished again! Anyone got any suggestions for a new scriptwriter for my life?

5. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Answer - Vegetarians, with a little mayo and maybe a little pepper

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Rotku's got a job!
    Only $10 per hour, but what makes it great is that it's something I enjoy. Refing hockey matches!

8. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

"Only $10 per hour"... :eek: pfah!! I know people who would *kill* to get paid 10 bucks an hour!! (Including ME!!...except, I wouldn't kill...maim? Absolutely, but not kill...).

Uh oh...I'm almost out of codeine...which means I should either be almost completely back to "normal"...or I should get a prescription, and go buy more... :shake:

9. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I had a dream!

Bananas and Pickles where living togheter as one! They where having great parties including severe Wishkey drinking. But then a large angry pickle came from the crowd with a big gun (AC/DC was playing in the background).

Then there was that shot...

I woke up finding out my brother had came over from Amsterdam, and he was standing in my room! Scary ****!

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Anyone just stand on the edge of a ledge and close your eyes and take a big breath of fresh air...and then just start giggling like a school girl?

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Question to the vegetarians:
    If you're not supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of food?

12. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ermm they are made of 'food' but its meat, not your everday 'food' if thats what your saying, but you cant have anything against vegetarians just because they are animal lovers

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I adore animals. Especially when they are resting in my stomah. :D

14. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

People Person, you obviously did not get the joke.

And now... Beware my Ziose-ness!

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

I believe in a thing called love - the Darkness. Man can that guy wail. I try to sound like him and I get hit with a fine for abusing cats.

16. BigStick Gems: 13/31

It's Fitness Week here at the office. They gave us all a pedometer to encourage us to walk more. I walked over 7300 steps yesterday where the average is 2500 steps/mile. Yay me! :D

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I believe Rotku is talking about New Zealand dollars. It would be $5 or $6 in US dollars, isn't it?

Still, I'd rather take $5 per hour than no job. $7.50 (USD) is the most I've ever got per hour and I don't complain about this rate.

18. BigStick Gems: 13/31

Hmmm. I've never gotten that much while working hourly. The best I ever made while working hourly was a bit over $4.00 (USD), maybe $4.25. While delivering pizza, I had brief periods when tips were good that I could make $10+/hr, but that was rare and never lasted too long.

I do better now, but am salaried so they can preetty much ask me to work as long as they want, whenever they want. I even have to carry a pager so they can reach me where/whenever, but if I were to work just 40 hours a week, it'd come out to somewhere in the neighborhood of $35(USD)/hr. Hmmm. I never worked it out that way before. Looks surprisingly nice! Too bad I so rarely actually work only 40 hours a week. That reminds me, I've got to go get a new battery for my pager. :(

19. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31

Lots of times when I have sat around listening to people talk about their job or jobs they have had they talk about money as the only reason they accepted the job. I can understand this in lots of ways especially when supporting a family is an issue or even the lack of sufficient jobs in your area. I've always wondered and maybe some of you guys out there that have had more experience than i have in the workplace could answer this question. Which is more important....having a job that pays less and loving to go to it everyday or having a job you dread to go to but it pays more than the job you would like to do?

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I don't have much first hand experience, but a job you hate will kill you and is not worth it. You only live once and, after all, you don't take cash with you on the other side. Getting a job that you like but earns too little money isn't perhaps the best idea. I think the best option is to choose a job for which you have the best predispositions and qualifications. Unless it really, really, pays little and you're also good at something else.

If you have a wider spread of interests and hobbies, you can always work on orders rather than for a fixed salaries. Random ones like translations, tutoring, artistic works, designing something, programming, whatever you can do and they're willing to pay you for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.