1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #22

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People suck. We're doing this play for drama which involves large amount of swearing. Our teacher assured us that all was good. Then some moron's parents complained, and the school wants us to still do the play - but without the swearing.
    And without the swearing, it sounds utterly stupid. I rather think I'll mock this whole thing rather than seriously butcher it. Without the swearing, the lines have no power to them, they sound flat and out of character. Might as well turn it into a comedy.
    'Excrament! No wonder Dad hit the urine! No wonder he intercoursed off! Nag nag intercourse nag nag nag! I don't know how he put up with it for so long! Put up with you!'
    If there will be no drama to this play, then at least I will be able to laugh at it. Substituting words seriously simply doesn't work without mass crapulance following.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I need to know what is the legal age of drinking in England. Because When I'll be 18 turning 19 I'll be in England for the world wide 100 years boy-scouting festival! Woo-hoo! In of course as soon as the sun is set I'll be in a Pub if the legal age permit me of course... I mean how can I possibebly go to England without going to a pub?

I also Possibely visit Scotland and Ireland too nice place to visit.

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Legal age is 18, but most people get away with going out at 16 - 17 if they don't look like children ;)

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Hurray! Early Legal age be praised. Okay so the 27th of July to the 8th august 2007 Don't search me I'll be in a British pub. But Which one to choose? Ak what a dilema!

5. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Plenty of people get away with it from 14+ :rolleyes:

6. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Why does it hurt so much? Why keep I tormenting myself like this? It's getting worse I'm losing my mind...

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Dare I ask? :p

Love issues, SleepleSS?

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just got back from seeing POA. Not entirely sure what I think of it.

Oh well, I get to discuss it with my Roman History prof, who also happens to be a Harry Potter fan :D .

9. WiZinc Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have read all 5 of the Harry Potter books and one(only) fan made book of the fifth&sixth&seventh (5,6,7 :evil: ) I think Rowling is ignoring hormones way too much :p
    and is too cheery btw. HP kinda sucks.

(Edit)On the side note, I'm not saying that I like sadistic/hurting(better word btw., hurting that is) kind of text but NOTHING ticks me off faster than happy, happy world. Where's the Grief, Angst, Torment, Misery, Fear, Untrust, Betrayal.
    Where's the real bad things? Most books don't have them(ones that I've come to across) as they've got to sell, avoid sensure etc., I understand that. (/Edit)

I seem to be on fire this evening
    (as I realise it's night I prefer using evening over night{now wasn't that weird? :p }) as I've wrote almost half of my replys(27) today :roll:

[ June 05, 2004, 01:08: Message edited by: Shintel ]

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You and me both SleepleSS.

chev, I did, do, feel compelled to do something about it. But I just can't. I dunno; there's a voice inside me screaming at me that she doesn't even like me at all, much less in "that" way.

Heh; too bad I'm not normal or healthy :p . Everyone keeps telling me I'm too "good" and honest to be normal. And as for my health; just ask my doctor.

It's also unfortunate then that I am neither a jock nor a smarter guy. No one that knows me in RL would ever call me a jock. And smart people don't do the things that I do (refer to the italicized quote at the start of my previous post for a better hint).

Sorry chev, as fun as it is arguing with you in this post; there's just nothing you (or anyone but *her*) can say to make things right.

Back to RB: Another day of work done today. I really wish I wasn't on call; and had an actual set work schedule. That'd make things a little easier.
    Ooh. And my parents are going away next weekend! So I may be able to persuade my big brother to throw a party. Now *that* would be damn cool.
    AND my mom's gone until Sunday...so I have at least one full day of not hearing her relentless questions about how I feel or trying to get me to spill my guts out about everything or if seeing others drink bothers me...blah blah blah. I'm just glad she doesn't know about *everything*; else she'd never let me go outside and I'd definitely have to see a shrink. Gah.

Meh. I only have to put up with it for 3 more months. Then I get 8 more months of freedom.

Wow. I can't believe that I've been home for just a month. Feels like so much longer.

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I was sitting in class this evening and for some reason, my thoughts went completely away from Roman History.

I was wondering what "normal" is considered to be in our society.

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, I am contemplating designing another world, starting extremely small (designing an inn, say) and building out (The houses around the inn and so on).
    And then there is the question as to whether I can be bothered. After all, there is an amazing lack of need for me to create a world, and with the lack of people to share the craziness with...
    Hmm, maybe I'll put it through to the revolutionaries in CS...

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Normal is defined by the majority,
    Sanity is possessed by the majority,
    Does this make minorities insane?

N.B. This argument is clearly flawed, and the answer to the question (which is meant rhetorically as a stab at 'fuzzy' logic) is certainly 'no'.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I bought five really nice fish the other day - Penguin Tetras. Really cute.

I went away for two days and Mother looked after them, by the time I'd got back the five tetras had died and a guppy had as well.

thing is - Rebel - the homocidal fish - died of old age a few weeks ago. I have my sucker fish who is harmless but likes rearranging the plants, I had four guppies and the violent one died with the tetras.

When I get new fish they tend to die in the first two days or last quite a long time. I don't know what's wrong though. Everything appears to be in working order (though we had to fix the filter recently) the heater light flickers sometimes but we think it is working still. We just don't know why my fish keep dying :cry:

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

We have baby fish in our pond, froglets too :D Frogs with tadpole tails, :D

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

That's common. They eithre adjust to the conditions and live or suffer to much stress and die. Well, that's how I see it atleast...

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Faerus: Too good... too honest... Been there, heard that. There's also too wise, too handsome and whatever else. Some people think in strange ways. Anyway, being average isn't really a goal, that's the point with honesty and doing the right thing. If everyone were honest and good, we wouldn't know what honest or good is.

You shouldn't tell yourself you aren't healthy because you aren't a jock, really. Or not smart because you sometimes have problems. Smart people have problems just like anyone else, only a bit different ones. Oh well, un-smart people have less problems because they don't see so much of them ;)

I'm happy you've come to conclude that she's the only person that can say anything of consequence here :D Yeah, go and talk to her. Even if she dumps you, it's neither the first nor the last time you'll be dumped ;)

18. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chev, you dont have any selfconfidence or selfesteem problems have you?

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    In a largely unmoderated forum I attend, and thus one full of unregistered anonymous pervs and idiots, someone opened an assed haiku thread. The opening haiku had 4 lines, but that's besides the point :rolleyes: Well, here goes a loose translation of what I replied:

The spring in blossom,
    As flowers on wild rose beads
    Cretins are blooming

Aren't I a poet? :D

20. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Done with my exams
    My school is finally out
    Time to get hammered

Yay, I can do Haikus too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.