1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #21

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Study morning... for a change. :book:

On lunch break two friends and I went to picnick in the wilderness. (read: the part of the uni where there's some grass present)

We spent almost two hours there in siesta, counting planes and birds, discussing how the world would be different if the sky was orange, eating chocolate eggs no human ever ate before...

Then on to the movies to see Secret Window.

Good times, good times... :)

2. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Is 'crying smiley' or 'sad-faced smiley' an oxymoron?

:( :( :( <it's not smiling. So is it a 'smiley' ? Ahahaah! That's what the e is for!!!

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm starting to get addicted to KOTOR. At first I wasn't sure but it didn't take long to get into the story. My poor old Morrowind game just might not get finished.

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I can play the Imperial March on bass! Yayness!

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

[​IMG] Hmm... i got to disappear again...

Be back in 5 days. See ya all. :wave:

6. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

cya Taza. I feel quite refreshed :)
    Hmmm, what to play - Morrowind, Champ Man or pool down the pub. Its a tough life. Its great working a full 5 day week hours in one Friday night and 2 13 - 15 hour shifts on a weekend but today, I've been given the day off and I have to work Tuesday instead... boooo!

I think I feel happy because my ex - girlfriend turned up for a wedding where I work and made me realise what an idiot I was to get engaged to her, not to mention far too young for that type of thing. She didn't look too good when she saw me - but surely she would have known that I would be there :confused:

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

@ Faerus.
    You are so lucky you get to study world history, it's so much more exciting than the patriotic bore-a-rama we have in U.S. history... We finished our world history class last year and the next chance I have to take a world history course is when I'm a senior.

Marbury vs. Madison! *head explodes*

8. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

@Rednik, world history is only a decent course if you have a decent teacher/professor. Frankly, I think I would've enjoyed this course more if I hadn't had a professor at all and got to study whatever I'd wanted (from world history, of course).

Hehe, I do agree that world history must be more interesting than American (or Canadian!) history... :p

And I still haven't started studying for my exam tomorrow...I should probably do that...soon.

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I always study at the last moment for everything. The way I see it, if you study early, you're bound to forget it, right? So do you just look over stuff or are you more of a tactile studier?

*reattaches pieces of his head*

10. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

:hmm: I'm not sure what a "tactile" studier is...so I can't answer that part of your question.
    But yeah, my usual method of studying is just going over the notes I've taken during the year. I'd study much better if I took the time to rewrite my notes, or at least write out the important parts, but I'm just too lazy. And in the case of history, I have to actually catch up on my reading (ie. read over a hundred pages out of two books [that's over a hundred in EACH book]) which is not gonna happen. Meh.

11. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Yeah, tactile learning is when you rewrite (or re-take notes of) stuff. I have to, because my handwriting is so bad I can't read it. I think I heard somewhere that if you use your hands to study, you remember stuff a lot better. I can never catch up in reading, I just browse through the book and stop at passages that seem important. But I guess that's why english is my worst class, so, you never know. :D

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I was in university, I always re-wrote the notes. I found that, when reading a textbook, the facts did not necessarily sink in very well. Re-writing forced me to think about what I was writing, and therefore I was better able to absorb the information.

13. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

I agree, rewriting notes has got to be one of the best ways to study (for me at least). The only problem is, I can never motivate myself to do it. Even if I'm doing poorly in a course, which is the case for the exam I have tomorrow as well as one that I wrote on Thursday, I can't bring myself to do it. Even reading my notes over is tough, 'cause they're written in such a haphazard way (which, in the case of my history class, is more the fault of the way my teacher lectures rather than my admittedly odd thought processes).

Motivation, rather than technique, has always been my biggest obstacle for studying. :rolleyes:

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Possibly 'tactile' studying is for those people who learn better doing things rather than reading about them? This is just a guess.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Is it possible to have multiple trapped nerves in your back?

16. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

WooHoo! Go Canucks.

/me starts doing a hockey dance

17. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

12.00am, i start my spectroscopy analysis
    2.59am, i finished sorted the lines/wavelength, modified them, listed them, plotted 3 graphs using ms excell
    3.00am, power went out, all work vanished, excel never autosaves
    3.01am, heard police siren

the next day
    12.00pm, heard from radio drunk stupid college students went riot last night here in Ames, home of iowa state university.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

2:00 pm, heard on radio about the brutal beating of college students from Iowa State University.

19. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If a certain dwarf doesn't read my PM I'm gonna get verrrry angry!! :nolike:
    (that's right, that means you honey)
    *fingers tapping on table*

20. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

B1 = 0.2713, standard error = 1.23828
    standard error is bigger than value itself. Do i screw up the experiment well !?

Jaguar,
    From the students' standpoint, it was policemen brutality. All the reports from ISU daily are policemen beating up innocent students.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.