1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #20

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I just completed my fun fun legal report. had to go through al the details of buying realty. Anyway, a nice rounded 3768 words. Good fun, eh?

My room is also now being permeated with the scents of insence. Good smells, although there is a bit of a stigma with inscence and smoking pot...

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I remember the last time I drank three kinds of alcohol with incense & cigarettes smoking and windows closed. And I'm trying to forget...

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

How come words that are used to represent laughter in books are never used in real life.

I mean, the last lime you forund something funny, did you start by saying 'snicker', then 'chuckle' and 'chortle', and finally just finish it off with a big 'guffaw'?

4. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I can now (almost) play Barathrum's "Last Day In Heaven" on bass! Now all I need is a band... :rolleyes:

5. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Woo hoo. I just broke 340 pages on this damn thesis of mine. I am soooooooooooo sick of typing.....

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I need help with the Mazzy mod I'm trying to work on.

I was only meant to do the coding. Then the person who asked for my help disappeared, returned and now disappeared again. Somebody who was helping took all the material and is making it into their own mod.

So I've had to start again. I only have two dialogues written. But I'm meant to be working on Peril and Alice as well. I'm also getting homework and stuff going on at home.

I don't want to give up on the mod but I can't do it all on my own :(

7. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Jaguar - much worse would be if you actually said "lol" (I've been known to think it, but I'm pretty sure I've never said it OL)

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Man these cold and flu remedies suck, I got lemsip and it says take 8 every 24 hours and I took 24 in 8 hours and I still don't feel any better :cry:

9. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Now, I don't want to be responsible for anyone ODing, but think about this

These medecines are going to be taken by all sorts of different people - from 6' 5" heavy weight boxers to little old ladies. Not only this, but the companies making the medecines have to cover their arses, so not only do they want to make sure that those dose they say you can have won't make anyone ill, but they also want to build in some margin of error just in case.

So, chances are, most people can cope with way more than they say your allowed to have - about 3 or 4 years ago I took 4 days worth of paracetamol in about half a minute, and despite throwing up for several hours I didn't have to go to hospital. I'm 6' 2", but pretty skinny.

On the other hand, lemsip is hideously expensive, so you might not want to go overboard just because of that. It does make me feel better, but I guess everyone is different.

[ March 14, 2004, 19:28: Message edited by: metal leper ]

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bah. Just drink water, eat lots of fruit and vegetables, get a good night's sleep and have garlic in your meals. Your cold will be gone in no time. Keep it up and you will hardly ever get them again.

11. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

My recipe is to sleep it away, whilst drinking lots and lots of water...

:sick: + :insert water-drinking smilie here: = :) + :coffee: = :D

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm known to have said "lol" on a number of occasions :D

13. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My roommate has said 'laughing out loud' before but not lol. Though in my opinion it is just as bad. :D

14. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think I just finnished my taxes but I sure hope I didn't make a mistake on them. I hate doing taxes.

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Simple solution. Don't do them. It'll take them years to catch up with you, and then you can just skip country and develop a new identity.

16. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hehe, that would work. You'd have to choose the right sort of country though, some have agreements with each other.
    I have posted three posts in one day, so far. It's the most I've posted in a long long time...

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Me too. I'm sorta working my way up to the 1k mark, and then I'm going to just sorta... stop.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have just returned from a hellish mess. For the school's Open Night, doing drama, I had to dress up and do some street theatre. I was a salesman of freaks, with my friend being a freak.

Needless to say, no one bought him...

19. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Time to go to work.

Then I get to go home and forum around here and play ALFA.

Moral of the sotry is:
    I want work to be over before I have even gotten there.

*edit* Just noticed, I have 420 posts ;)

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What is the significance of 420?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.