1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #20

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Is...

Am I close?

Geeze. Ich wünsche Sie Kerle würden gerade auf Englisch tippen.

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:nolike: ;)

That bondage part is a bit... wierd.
    But otherwise its good enough.

Anyways, you are not supposed to understand it. :p Damnable translators.

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Yeah, the bondage part kinda threw me too. And as for those damnable translators, well;

Sie haben ihren Nutzen.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31

They can be useful sure enough.
    But right now I am not pleased with them. I beseech thee not to use them when I'm trying to do some subterfuge. :1eye: :D

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Of course. I shall honor your request and not use a translator. :angel:

*bookmarks translator for next time he needs to understand what Dendri is typing.

6. Dendri Gems: 20/31

*spams his way towards a new gem*

How about *learning* our language instead of using cheesy translators, hmm? :p German could use a little upswing around the world.

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Yeah, and German is one of those languages that just rolls off of the tounge. I mean seriously, I could barely learn French, and that is close to english.

I mean, I took like 3 years of it and all I remember is bonjour and jambon.

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31

Hehe. If Lady Luthien see's this she will have your head, Jaguar.
    And mine. Cant even type audjourhui. :D
    If ye know what I mean.

C'est male.

But German isnt that bad. Aside from the grammar, of course.

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

@Lady Luthien, we do have to explain why we are not attending the classes here as well, but I usually don't give a damn. :D

Also, on a different subject:
    Do you think it's safe to meet someone in r/l and join in a drinking party but you have only met him on the web before? How about if he is a roleplayer?

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    As long as you're drinking only milk, then it's OK - but only if it's low-fat milk. :p :spin: :roll: :rolling:

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Low fat? But I am always being fed with fat food nowadays due to my weight. I am 170cm long and only weights 47 kilos, and THAT, is low.

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, your height and weight sounds almost exactly like me when I was your age.

But the low fat has nothing to do with weight gain; it's more related to general health concerns. (Egads, how did this become a serious discussion?)

On a completely unrelated note, the old saying goes " 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'. And yet, in the sentence above, I just used two words which defy that rule.
    The English language sucks.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ok, it's nighttime now and I still haven't seen our little hamster around anywhere. Is there anyone who has ever gotten back an escaped hamster when there is a cat in the house? Please someone tell me something positive because I'm really starting to get anxious about the furry little guy.

14. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

@ Dendri & Jaguar

Mauvais garçons! :rolleyes:
    It took me 6 months to learn French when I first came here from Russia...
    Though I admit learning a language in school is a very different thing: I tried learning German for four years but eventually gave it up when I realized I could only say : eine kleine schweine :p !

@ Splunge & Caleb
    That is so unfair! I have a friend who has a similar "problem": he is very tall and thin... Why can't I be that?!!! :mad: (sorry, am still mad after the whole dancing debacle and the anorexic girl who won it...)

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Woo Hoo!!! I went into the basement I was suprised to find that a grape I had placed there was missing! I managed to coax out the little hamster by clicking my tongue and shaking a peanut. Not that he was hungry. He had two huge cheeks full of catfood and a pretty nice nest in my pile of old canvas. After I deposited him in his cage (and closed the cage door firmly) I went and let my cat in. She was pretty grateful to be back inside again.

16. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It is 4 am and I am awake and up for absolutely no reason. Rocks eh?

17. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I had the same thing last night. After staring at the ceiling for a couple of hours I decided it was time for some PS:T.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

What do you get when you cross a hand talker with a beer drinker?

19. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

20. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

It works with Opera. Nice effects!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.