1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #20

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Silly silly amounts of green boxes. Why??? Why??? WHY?? My mother is the answer.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Negative is smaller than positive, therefore negative infinity must be smaller than positive infinity, but infinity is infinity - the only thing that matters here is the positive/negative quality. Infinity remains the same - much like 2 & -2, but infinity is not a specifically defined point or it wouldn't by infinity.

I'm not sure what you mean by infinity of fractions....

Is it like 0.000.....1, or 0.999...9, or maybe just fractions that go like this: 0.3333 // 0.(3)?

3. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

infinity is not infinity, there are different infinities

The number of positive numbers does equal the number of negative numbers I imagine (if we ignore 0 anyway), but then there are an infinite amount of numbers between each integer, so whilst there are an infinite number of natural numbers (positive integers), the number of numbers is much much bigger (this leads to some interesting stuff in pure maths)

I was going to start talking about L'Hopital's rule (sorry about the missed accent in his name), but I'm too tired

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Doing maths in English whohooo!, this will certainly be unintelligible:

You can associate any positive number X with a negative one -X, zero being just one number, it doesn't matter in counting infinites, in this case, there are the same infinite number of negatives and positives.

As for fractions: there is an isomorphism between Q and IN, therefore it contains the same infinity of numbers (hê!) as the integers.

I'll bring a Tiramisu to my uni tomorrow. Hope it doesn't melt before I get it into a fridge. :nolike:

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

@Chev

For fractions I meant something like:

1/2 > 1/4 > 1/8 > 1/16 > 1/32 ect.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, here we are. Details about what happened are in SS, as always.

7. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yep. Yep yeep, yep. I am veery sleepy. There's no Graemlin for how i look right now.
    To bed! To beee.....
    *loud "thunk" noise

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Akkkkk daylight savings time this weekend. I hate it I hate it. Is there anyone who likes having to get up an hour earlier?

Interesting weather here. Yesterday we beat the temperature for California and this is early spring in Alberta! This morning there was snow on the ground again. I swear the weather here is schitzophrenic. (Sorry if I spelled that word wrong.)

9. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] :aaa: :aaa: :aaa:
    Am completely freaked out!
    Today's my dance competition..... AAAAAH!
    This is a bad dream, I need to wake up, no, I must do my stretches first, nooo, aaaaaaah!!!!
    Dammmit, I can't do it, I can't!!!!

(anyone willing to wish me good luck is welcome... I will desperately need it :( )

10. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

*guy from an Adam Sandler movie*...

..."you can do it!!!"

Just seen the shake up at Forgotton Wars, wonder what happenned :confused:

11. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good luck with your dancing. :D

12. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

13. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Waterboy!

And good luck

14. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Thanx all....
    Is too late though :wail: ....
    I am 96th out of 215......... Anyway, that was expected since I just had so much to do lately I barely had time for practice!
    But I still hoped to be at least in the top 50 :bang: !!!

Snifffff... I guess ballet is not my thing after all.
    (am gonna go get drunk or something :sick: )

15. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Damn, that sucks :(

/me hands the Lady a beer

Let's get drunk and forget about it. They don't deserve to have you :)

(look at me, I'm all soft)

16. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Argh forget ballet :wave: pick up a guitar.

17. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] (through pathetic sniffing):

thanx guys... :cry:
    yeah, I guess I should pick up a guitar ( and I won't quit till I'm a star, on broadwayyy )

sniff: that just made me think of All that Jazz ... ( :wail: )
    Okay, I realllly need professional help.
    Anyway, thanx all (snuggles up to softness).

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

*gives the Lady a cookie and pats her on her head

Its all right kid. Theres always tomorrow.

19. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] ARGH!!! Stupid school email system!!! When you say sent to an address that I know has worked previously and is my goddam own email address that I just happen to know then why will you not actually arive!!! Stupid work!!! This is why all the work I do at school is utterly pointless! Argh!!!!!!

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

/me hands the lady another beer...or three (we *are* trying to get you drunk right?)
    Sorry to break the sad mood...but WOOHOO!!
    I just signed my lease....officially confirming that I have a place to live next year...I'm very excited...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.