1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Lawful Xaositect Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Perhaps the meaning he is trying to convey is more correctly explained in the word 'ear-phones'or head phones.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm not wearing headphones - all this started last friday

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I creatinly reveiew my pists aftyer yping theem; to chevk for tyopos and suchliuke.

:bigeyes;

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I eat meat. I eat food. Food is good. Food becomes... I better not go there!

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bad news ... my computers down again ... nuts!

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Effulgent means something along the lines of gleaming or sparkling or the like... You know, I once made a challenge of writing a poem that praies Lolth that has the word Effulgent in it... the result of William the Bloody Poet... ÖP

Ara
    (Bye bye!)

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Did anyone attend Falcon? in UK?

It was all Dungeons and Dragons based! It was so amazing!

Actually, has anyone ever heard of Sarbreenar? Its part of the Forgotten Realms...

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I guess this will make all (or at least most) of you very happy. I have a Darkforest Tournament (for those who dunno what I'm talking about don't worry that's not the important part) on Saturday and if I loose the game the tournament will die once and for all...so that means no more Sir Keneth of the Darkforest, no more of that cranky little teenager with tons of problems, and the most important no more S-P-A-M .

9. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Don't worry, Keneth, I'll always love you, forever and ever. :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Kenneth prepare to meet thy doom! Just joking!
    8people: I've being seing shadows and other curious stuff for.....5 years! Christ I'm mad!
    Anyway it's what I like to call observant. I notice anything and everything thats going on around me!

Padeen.(actually kenny I will still be here to finish what you started)

11. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm still going mad, and the girls today at school wrote this poem on the board:

Mary had a little lamb
    Then she shot it dead
    Now it goes to school with her
    Between two slabs of bread :sick:

Ewww, :nolike: They wrote that at lunchtime too.

My Control teacher keeps calling me grape juice. :flaming:

He's really asking for it :evil: :bang:

Teeny
    (Barfing over her Snickers)

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Paddy: I wasn't talking like that, I meant as in the shadows *weren't* actually moving at all, I just saw them as that.

But I'm over my paranoid streak now :spin:

Every so often i get paranoid streaks and/or amnesia

Hmm. On PS:T y'know the PCs' say things about the areas they're in?

well in Clerks ward I *swear* Annah said
    "Clerks Ward; Also known as ****** City"

it was loud, it was simple, it was in front of my grandparents. :hahaerr:

[ October 15, 2002, 21:34: Message edited by: 8people ]

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Does anyone else think that I'm screwed? I have a thousand word essay on Guglielmo Marconi due in two days that I still need to start. It was assigned the first week of school, which was like, September 10.

14. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] HOLY CRAP!!!

I'm at the library because my main floor at my house is (probably) full of wet varnish (ick). So here I am, stuck, actually DOING my homework, and it's sooo annoying. The computers are free, yes, but they are sooo slow that they take about 5 minutes to load a page. Plus, they don't even have java, so I can't go into the chatroom(but why would I anyways, come to think of it, this computer is so slow I'd probably be talking a minute behind everyone else).

My brother and I agreed that if my mom doesn't come and pick us up in 10 minutes that we're gonna leave and just go home - wet varnish or no. :flaming:

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hmmm...Ara, the challenge on a Llolth poem? In dragonlibrary.com? With the word "effulgent"? You made that! LOL, it's a small world ;)

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wow! I've read that too! And Ara, if you are not currently banned can you please come back to the chatroom. I'm begging you, Mystra is no fun to talk to.
    My cat almost killed another bird today. :( I think it might be dead though, The last I saw of it was it spiraling down into the bushes after slamming hard into a wooden beam, good chance that it broke its neck.
    And Keneth, win! how can I spam if there is no spam to reply to :)

17. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I hate wet varnish, it makes my eyes (and nose) run and if I touch it I get ill :sick:

18. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

just curious, is there a word such as "anyways"? :confused:
    all my life i always thought that it was "anyway", no "s".
    it was only here in SP that i came accross "anyways".
    don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that it is wrong but rather i don't know if it is right.
    also, is it right to say "any ways"? :confused:

anybody good with english grammar or literature out there? do kindly expound.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Actualy, I just figured something, that can't have been Ara, unless she commonly talks about herself in the third person ;)

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    One more service adventure:
    Recently I took a taxi since I thought I missed the last bus - an expensive error as I found out soon after - when the bus of the line I would have taken showed up *out of the blue*. Nowhere in the plan at the bus stop this bus was listed.
    Two days later I brought my gf to the bus early in the morning, after I had found a bus in the internet plan of that line, only to find it not moted in the plan at the bus stop. That made my gf start to get very nervous since she had an appointment later the day, however, the bus came right in time and everything went fine.

So I decided to mail the bus company that two of their plans were faulty, naming the *two* different bus stops, line and the departure times of the *two* busses.

I got a response in a mild tone where I was told that the plans were *valid*, so I obvoisly mixed up something. :rolleyes:

I replied that the validity of the plans obviously had little influence on their correctness and that I, well able to read a bus plan, do not waste my time writing e-mails about fictious faulty bus plans and suggested to have a look at the bus stops I named - pointing out that fresh air is healthy :evil:

The next reply stated that I was right about one the lines at bus stop A but the reson I did not find the other bus in that plan was that it didn't even stop there - so I could need some fresh air too :rolleyes:

I congratulated him to his brilliant conclusion and pointed out that was only natural since the other bus started at bus stop B, since my first e-mail, I have been talking about two different busses from two different bus stops, yet about only one line ...

:rolleyes: <open end> :rolleyes:

[ October 16, 2002, 13:07: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.