1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, of course there are people in SP with far more than 2000 posts, but I'm fairly sure that Sniper is the first one to actually have the Diamond as a Avatar.

3. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

yes, Hamlet, which I believe is only second to Othello (I love Othello. Love it. The movie? With Laurence Fishburne and Kenneth Branagh? Absolutely beautiful.) It just happens to be the speech we were required to memorize in AP english my senior year, and I've never forgotten it. I also know some John Donne, who wrote a lot of metaphysical sex poetry. My english teacher had a crush on him. :eek:

[ November 19, 2002, 03:32: Message edited by: dragonjewel13 ]

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Yikes, Montana, I think not!! It gets cold up there... I'll stick with Florida, thank you.
    As for crazy, it depends on what kind of crazy... I'm not exactly normal... at the moment I'm contemplating spending $2000-2500 on a sewing machine so it'll be easier to make my SCA garb...

5. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I saw Othello a month or so ago... unfortunately the actor who played Iago had slipped a disc and they had no understudy, so the director had to play the part, reading the lines from the script on stage. And despite that, the writing was so powerful that it was gripping anyway.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Post number 2003. Thats the year I'll be legal to drink and be eligible to vote ... plus i also get the minimum wage! I like that year :D

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    WOOOOO! Civvies day today! Thats right, I wear a stupid uniform.

8. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hey!
    Since mostof the members gather here in the day I would like to say for all you warlord battelrcry 2 people to go to the WB topic in the playground and give me a reply!

Padeen!(looking forward to kicking youre @££3£!!!)

Padeen!

@Eze:CYIFNM!

[ November 19, 2002, 15:13: Message edited by: Padeen Dragonblade ]

9. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

School was weird. Read all the time. Bought 2 good books today. One is 946 pages. Oh, what fun. And IN ENGLISH. Wheee. I love english PB fantasy novels.(I am Estonian)

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Waiting waiting for the new System of a Down album!!!! Just 1 week!! I´m going insane!! WAHAHA

11. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

School was great for me!
    again...
    but there was the field trip for the games..
    and the footy match..
    andddddddddd....

Padeen(When will it stop???)

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

13. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

hmmm, what's another good one...

What about..

Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright
    in the forests of the night
    what immortal hand or eye
    hath framed thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
    burnt the fire of thine eyes?
    On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder and what art
    could twist the sinews of thy heart?
    And when thy heart began to beat
    what dread hand and what dread feet?

What the hammer? What the chain?
    In what furnace was thy brain?
    What the anvil? What dread grasp
    dare is deadly terrors clasp?

When the stars threw down their spears
    and water'd heaven with their tears,
    did he smile, his work to see?
    Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger! Tyger! Burning bright
    in the forests of the night
    what immortal hand or eye
    hath framed thy fearful symmetry?

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

William Blake - Songs of Innocence and Experience is one of the best collections of poetry that I have read.

15. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

And you knew, off the top of your head! I think you are my new favourite person, Falstaff.

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've had the diamond for an avatar :roll:

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31

One thing i've noticed since i've changed avartar ... I find it bloody hard to look for my own posts! Because i've been the avartar before for so long, I've got used to it and now that I'm a diamond i keep thinking my posts are getting deleted ... anyone feel remotely the same?

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Today in History
    Lincoln delivered the Gettysburg Address in 1863.

Just in case you care

19. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I care. :p

There was a teacher in my middle school who had his students memorize the Gettysburg Address (they were 6th graders).

Yeesh

"Four score and seven years ago... Um, line."
    ;) :p

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Happy birthday, Frostbite!

MoN presents a burning rodent.
    It appears to be a hamster with 14 candles stuck in his rear.You smell the stench of burned hair and hear the screaming Wail of the Rodent.

Mmmh! Fresh meat.... This is gonna be a wonderful day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.