1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Various things that inspired various emotions in me this week:

Jollity: The Simpsons, when a video demonstrating road rage featured a judge in a car. The aforementioned judge banged his gavel at another driver, and shouted, "I sentence you to kiss my ass!"

Sadness: Someone put the song from Armageddon by Aerosmith on in my graphics lesson, and it reminded me of some good times I will never be visiting again.

Warm fuzziness: I was feeling a bit down at break, so all my buddies gave me a big hug! *sniff*

Annoyance: I did something very humiliating in front of my ex to show her that she still means a lot to me, and she assumed that someone was paying me, or punishing me, or blackmailing me, and went off in a mood! I spent a day seething about how shallow she thought I was, then forgave her in the afternoon when we had a little talk. :)

Tedium: Our geography teacher is rubbish! I literally fell asleep in his lesson! Dear God, please do something interesting!

Nostalgia: I played a song that I hadn't played since the koolio trip to Germany, and it reminded me of what a great time we had!

Scared crapless: I scored a goal in hockey, so the teacher, assuming I was good at the game, kept passing to me. I was by the opposition's goal, and he saw me and creamed the ball in my direction. It must have been going about 90mph, about a foot above the ground. Scared the bejezzers outta me! I managed to do a sort of jumpy-twisty thing and hit the ball with my stick and not my brains, but I still missed the goal. :(

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Anyone who's interested, I just posted an "edit" to the "Got Thief?" thread.

Might give it a read before the thread disappears forever into the abyss that is "page 2".

:)

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hello, can someone answer my stupid question? And can some people come into the chatroom.

Actually, forget about my question. And Tal, out of interest. Why can't trivia be on without op's?

Yeah well, Random Babbleing was more convenient at the time.

[ October 25, 2002, 11:42: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You should have asked that in SS. The info on how to register nicks is listed at http://www.sorcerers.net/chat.php

The other should have been asked there too.

It can't be without ops because then anyone could run or stop it at their leisure, even just for himself. Which we don't do. You need 2+ regular users and at least one op.

[ October 25, 2002, 11:40: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Does anyone know where I can get Avatar workshop?

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Today I get to have an October Fest party in my German class, yeah! Beer.....er....pepsi??? :shake:

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

And do I change my stone from a Moonbar gem to some other more valuable gem?

Yes? no?

No!!!! What does one need to get a level 25 gem?

[ October 25, 2002, 14:36: Message edited by: Sniper ]

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Sorry mate. 2000 posts...

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Halloween Loop this weekend!!!!! Yeeeeha!

This is one of my favorite holidays! The Loop is basically a pub crawl throughout my town in costume! You pay $10 at the first bar, then the rest are free...and you get shuttle bus service to all the other bars! It's fantastic!

10. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Woohoo! I am finally, finally, over my ex! After two long months of pining, I can finally forget about her!

She was demanding to know why I was so mean to her in German today, and when I asked how I had been mean, she wouldn't tell me. She then went on to insult me, and argue against every harmless comment I made, even the ones that weren't directed at her. I told my friend to change the "of" in his sentence to "o'", and she got up and started shouting at me, because she hates it when people do that!

After that, I literally thought, stuff that, I'm not chasing someone like that, it's not worth the emotional energy I put into it. I found that I could look at her without feeling sad, and that I could talk about her in a non-longing way. I started feeling better than I have for months in about half an hour!

To celebrate, I had a ten minute fling with another particularly nice-looking young woman. All in the spirit of fun, you understand. :p :bigeyes:

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    [​IMG] Something is wrong with the chatrooms.
    I get disconnected for no reason (connection reset by peer or something like that) and Linkline says they have routing probs (no idea what that is).

I tried connecting with chatplanetz and it didn't work, then I tried connecting with linkline and that worked, but then I got disconnected and when I wanted to reconnect, liknline didn't work anymore either. *sigh* and I was in a chat-mood tonight :D

[ October 25, 2002, 19:16: Message edited by: Uytuun ]

12. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Good for you Yerril!
    Anyone know where I can get java in under 3 hours or under one and a half?

Padeen.(My new comp is good with games but bad with the net)

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There are problems with the chat servers. And this is the last time I'm answering such questions here. Post in SS if it has to do with the site, boards or chatrooms.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  15. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Had the dance today. SOOOOOOOOO fun, but f*ckin clean, man. No dirty dancing, no breakdancing, no mosh pits, no lifting people up on their shoulders, no swearing, when slowdancing, must be 30cm apart and hands must be on the back or waist, blah blah blah blah blah... And they say they treat us like adults! :flaming:

16. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    :) :( :o :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: Thats all I have to say.

17. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You're still only just a teenager you know... I'm not taking the mick as i'm only a year or two older than you, but I think it's all sick below 16. Whether it be kissing or actual sex.

18. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Wheeeeee first post in oh so long, I've taking to lurking in the corners of SP only appearing in the chat.
    Lurking is fun, You can't see me, but I can see you :bigeyes:

19. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Hmm.. in a few days I'm going having my toncils removed, so I cant eat anything but cold porridge for a week or so. :(

On the other hand, I don't have to go to school for a week, and tomorrow I'm getting my new computer, so I guess I'll be fine... ;)

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] me is happy today ^_^

It's HALF TERM! Woohoo!

And sunny this morn!

We had a tornado thing last night though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.