1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #19

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Top 100! Not... I'm gonna go play ut now and wup some a**!

2. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The MIPI (Music Industry Piracy Investigations, self styled music distribution rights crusaders) have raided the Australian Kazza HQ and the Kazza Execs homes.

I will laugh if they try and bust these Execs for the content of their personal portable MP3 players rather than the legitimacy of the use of Kazza software. :lol:

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate Kazaa anyway to much damn spyware. Everywhere you look it's there, insidious like cockroaches. "Would you like to download something from Gator Corporation?" Stinky Gator always spying on me even though I'm just minding my own business. I could run Spybot 3 times a week and still find the damn cockroaches.

4. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Kazza Lite K++ is a version of Kazza written independantly of the Kazza Corp above. It has all the spyware and adverts removed.

The problem is off course, spyware companies are putting infected spoof Kazza Lite K++ versions on the net.

I've put a zipped Kazza Lite K++ 'exe' file on Yahoo! Geocities renamed drakaz.zip . If you uninstall your old Kazza, download this drakaz.zip file, unzip it and run this new file, it will install Kazza Lite K++ and leave a fresh copy of the Kazza Lite executable in your shared folder.

As for the shared files themselves containing spyware, not much can be done, but a good virus checker like AVG will catch loads of them before they are installed.

Edit @Xerxes: Great minds Thinza Lite.
    Also moved location of file to Yahoo! Geocities (where I had to put it in a Zip Wrapper).

[ February 08, 2004, 03:21: Message edited by: Bluin ]

5. Xerxes Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Too much spyware aye? Thats what kazaa lite is for ;)

edit- what the? bluin posted a better reply while i was typing mine... lol

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Anyways, Kazaa has the best assortment, no doubt. That's why I use them...

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Grandmothers should not listen to music, at least, not to my music. They immediately start worrying as to whether I'd like it or not, and continually ask whether it's good. Then they complain about how it gives them headaches and somesuch.
    Next time I order in a CD, I'll pick it up myself...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Enough discussion on Kazaa. What you are using it for is illegal, so it's against the forum rules.

9. Loerand

Ok, no more Kazaa....

[HAPPY NEWS]Yeah, I pulled off a 900 today and landed perfect. It's been a long time since I did that...[/HAPPY NEWS]

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I'm off to make a milkshake.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have internet on an extremely temporary basis.

We were told we needed a patch for BB to work - nope, the patch doesn't work on our computer, it says it needs XP to run.

Told another patch because it is because we have a Packard Bell computer - nothing wrong with our computer - patch still doesn't work

We were told to update our USB drivers. Nope, they are the latest ones we can get for our chipset.

We were transferred to some foreign helpline who said that our system was fine - it's the modem. They will send one out to use, expect it in a couple of weeks :rolleyes:

So atm, I have a little bit of dial up.

But I can't connect to #sorcerers on the FAI. Have I been bad? :mommy:

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Daephon, 900 in/on what? Skateboard, rollerblades, bmx, foot, trampoline, pogo stick?

13. Loerand

@Bonzo:

On twintip-skis, if you know what that is :D

14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Hey 8 peeps...

It's all because you don't live in the USA.

There is a reason this is the greatest nation in the history of the Earth...and it ain't Nukes!

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Oh, oh, you're in the Alley now... :rolleyes:

16. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

A perfect replica, of an old opera house.
    But who CARES!

To my right, a row of ministers, more sinisters than ministers.

To my left, Baby Ray! Star! Of stage and screen. He's not going to get much out of this concert, because he's STONE DEAF!!!

And here we have Roy Von Baker, KING! of Laserball...

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm, I think I missed something there but I do like that "more sinisters than minister" part. Kind of catchy.

18. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Rotku's back from a few days of tramping. It was so fun we ended up doing more than we had planned to and tackled another mountain. Excellent views! And what's more, I've got another photo or two to throw up into the SP photo album.
    http://www.tramper.co.nz/index.cfm/action/track/trackid/185/ is the unplanned part. It's amazingly steep. And here is the part we'd planned to do.

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Some people outside of New Zealand might not know what you mean by 'tramping'. In some parts of the world, 'tramping' would mean something completely different - something you might not be proud of.

We all speak the same language here, but sometimes it's just a bit different . . .

I would say 'hiking' if I was talking to an international community like this.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I was having this urge to make a thread entitled: The Disease of Reality TV, but then I decided that I couldn't be bothered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.