1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #19

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

2. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I contest that there is no deal better than buy 1 get 1 free.

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Bet you there is! Buy 1 get 2 free!

4. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] buy one game - get a million pounds!

:love:

I hate coursework :wail:

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Buy one game, get a free life?

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

My number of posts per day is really starting to decline. And then people say quality over quantity, but the problem is the quality of my posts is getting worse as well. I really need to lose the rest of my life..

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's not the quantity of the posts...it's how you use them....

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rotku, it's only because you are too busy being riveted to the New Zealand run chase in the 4th one dayer against South Africa. 65 runs required from the last 10.4 over. Go the Black Caps!

10. Rotku

Cricket is such a boring game! All the people do is stand around on a field all day waiting for the ball to drop out of the sky :rolleyes:

The chat room just doesn't feel the same any more. It's scary. Well, maybe not scary, it just seems different...

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You're a rather odd New Zealander who doesn't support either of the country's two main national team sports (rugby union and cricket). This series with South Africa has been astoundingly good!

Chris Cairns smashed 3 huge sixes (almost as good as a home-run for you baseball fans) in last 3 overs to win the game. NZ take 3-1 series lead with only 2 games to go.

12. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Does anyone know a site where the rules of cricket are explained? I've tried to watch a game on tv and understand the rules from watching, but all I see is men in white walking randomly and something with standing sticks...

13. Varied Sundries Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The first rule of cricket?

Do not talk about cricket.

14. Harbourboy

Baldrak - The Netherlands regularly make it to cricket world cup finals and have had some reasonable players over the years like Roland LeFebvre, Karl Treiber, and Chris Kuggeleijn (who also played for New Zealand). By contrast, New Zealand has only made it to the soccer world cup finals once. So the Netherlands are a greater force in world cricket than NZ is at world soccer.

If you were seriously looking for an explanation of the rules - here are some written by an American trying to understand the game.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Y'know, disliking or not caring about cricket in New Zealand is probably not all that rare - it's just that they generally don't talk about cricket because they have nothing to say - giving the illusion that everyone likes cricket.

16. Harbourboy

Oh well, I just love it when any of our sports teams wins, especially against one of the world's best teams, no matter what the sport!

17. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@Harbourboy

Thanks for the link! I still don't think that cricket is the easiest game ever, but I understand the rules a bit better now... Maybe I'll even have the patience to watch a match someday...

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ack, I think I've missed a whole page of Random Babble :( :( :(

Jeez, the weather's actually nice :confused:

Was up really late last night reading articles from this website:

http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar.htm

Very interesting though many of you have probably heard of them, I had forgotton about quite a bit.

19. Harbourboy

Hmmm, the scientific mysteries were quite interesting until I read the bit about the asteroid belt possibly having been formed by an act of interstellar war by Mars, the god of war. . . . . what sort of evil weapon could destroy a whole planet? :hmm:

20. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

The parts that interest me are the artefacts. The Piri Re'is Maps are the ones that confuse me - how could they map those regions??

Guess I'll never know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.