1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #17

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Just to be different, I'm wide awake and have been all night.... been playing BG2 - again!

2. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmmm... Have not played BG2 in quite some time...

Hehe, i remember when i got it and it was the latest thing. :rolleyes: I was probably the first one to have it around here... :eek:

BTW... How many posts is reguired before the thread must restart? (yes I'm new...)

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well I'm sleepy but now unable to go to sleep, after a letre or so of strong chocolate icecream.

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

I learnt how to play risk this afternoon. And now I can't stop playing it. Wow, I should really get out more.

5. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Risk is an awesome game :D Just that when you're outnumbered by your dad and you only control the UK and Ireland whilst he controls the entire world, its kinda hard to pull back!

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Crap, I wore the wrong shoes today. That's what happens when you're half asleep when you get dressed. :( I guess I could always go shopping... :roll:

7. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Rallymamma, you have more than one pair of shoes? I have two. One to wear casual, one to wear at school. That's all that's needed, right?

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Whoa, your crazy. You need 3 pairs casual shoes, two pairs of smart shoes, work shoes, jogging trainers. I love foot wear.... god, I'm a freak! :roll:

Anyone seen 'The Last Samurai' (new Tom Cruise film) ? Can you give me a quick thumbs up or down... might go and see it tonight.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I only have two pairs of shoes - school shoes and trainers. I was going to get a pair of really nice boots but we couldn't.

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @Malovae - saw it a couple of weeks ago - definitely worth seeing, and on the big screen. (I think there's a thread on it somewhere in Whatnots as well.)

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me has eight pairs of shoes

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You're going to need more than that with all the running around that you're doing as the main news staffer for the front page! ;)

(And doing a great job, too BTW :thumb: )

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Rotku has four pairs of shoes. One casual pair, one pair of running shoes, one pair of hockey shoes and then one I use for school.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I need a pair of black shoes for out of school, otherwise it just looks lame.

15. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] OK. Let's get this stuff out of the way, first thing.

"PMFG EJ! Are you new!?!" "Jesus, man! Can I have that cave you've been living in?!" "What kind of D&D'er are YOU! DIE!!" "Stoooopid Amerikaner!" "Dude. That is totally uncool to be that dumb."

Soooo. Now that's taken care of, all the neighsayers can feel satisfied and move onto the more interesting part of thier day. Night. Whatever.
    I'm just going to finish babbling, here. There's nothing else to see.
    Move along.
    Move along.

Anyways, there was a thread a while back, involving Morte. And when I was first playing the game, I think I may have looked up or come across the word "Vecna" before. There's a robe or something in one game that was Vecna's, and it lowered your spell casting time, or something. Anyways, I vaguely remember looking it up, and finding some kind of reference, and got the impression that Morte lied about Vecna's head, and that's what got Nameless killed, and that's why he was on the pillar in the first place, and Grace was just being nice about it or didn't know that little detail. Whatever. (Listen to the extracted dialogues in the PsT "media" section if you don't know what I'm talking about)

This was an allusion to Morte being the Druid, and group1 lying to everyone; which is why Morte was on the pillar. Or Morte was the original poor fool that served as the bait skull. But I have a feeling he was one of the Group2 members who died in the aftermath. Either the wizard or character2, whom I would think was a bard. I think Morte was a bard before a wizard. Either way, he was directly involved with the whole shifty affair.

[I included the Gazebo tale so all the disbelievers can see that there are plenty of maroons out there, and that the Vecna head isn't all that far-fetched. Also, in a Sierra game, there's no telling a gazebo will morph into. I think I've seen talking gazebos in King's Quest, at some point. :) ]

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What's all with you? I've only got one freaking pair of shoes, and I always wears them... they are red, Big nice red shoes :D

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks! :xx: I was beginning to wonder if anyone read that ;)

18. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Grrrrrr, I have to reinstall BG2 as I thought it would be a good idea to edit the .cre files in shadowkeeper. It was not a good idea :mad:

19. Rotku

Bored, bored, bored. Going to the movies tonight, Master and Commander or something like that. Hopefully it's not boring as well.

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Online Risk is a wonderful thing...

www.finalconquest.com

Spent all last night fighting Beagle and Deathmage...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.