1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #15

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    lol, The Oracle... You high on caffiene again Chev? :rolleyes:

3. chevalier

Media:
    Only six, of which only two were quadruple espresso and of the two only one was specifically empowered with a full load of instant, so I guess I'm pretty low on caffeine.

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hopefully this falls into the 'better late than never' category but I just wanted to thank a couple of people who helped me out of a bad situation a couple months back.
    In no particular order:
    Rallymama, LKD, Mithrantir, Ara, Eze and Gollem.
    If you don't remember the situation, I'll just say that you guys, among other friends from around my town, basically saved my life. So thanks.

Anyway, onto a lighter topic, met a stunning young UK lass today, changed my views somewhat on "the motherland" as I guess we 'colony-inhabitants' (is there a shorter word which actually says the same as that? I'm having a brain freeze) should call it.

5. chevalier

Media:
    2500 :tie: :coffee:

And 2:48 am, which is a perfect time to start reading if I'm going to get some sleep. See you tomor... later today ;)

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Mosmordre has a tizzite avatar. And I am finally free of the freaking hags too. I'll get some adventurers to slay them one day.

7. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] PoR = Pools of Radiance? :D

BTW, are there any of those "paperdoll" avatars left, or are there only those char portraits?
    or do you get that "paperdoll" by donating s**t load of money? =)

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ahh, all you younuns'. Makin' me feel old. I didn't know that so many familiar names were so young! I think someone needs to start up the semi-annual rareley politically correct "How old are you" thread.

Did my IPT and Legal exams today. I left out a question on the IPT and forgot a line of code as well. Bugger. On the bright side, I aced my Legal. Methinks.

Anyway, I think I'll hit #sorcerers and challenge DM to play some VQ+. Later Haters. Ha, I love that farewell.

9. chevalier

Media:
    I have no CON score yet. I need one more coffee to obtain it. Bad busy evening, as on Fridays. English course - the highest level they have, I could teach this level in fact, but it's a cheap way of gaining the precious ECTS points. Just one pathetic exam in two years instead of two exams per year with even more hour-to-point-wise profitable subjects. And a dancing class later. Working on my DEX, you know. Besides, dancing is one of the most important professional skills for a lawyer.

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Of course, how else are you going to get the cases with the rich latino widow who is having a disput over her rich dead husband's inheritance with his oldest daughter if you can't do the dance of love?

I suppose you could just give her a business card, but you know. Not as fun. A lot less wenching involved.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

:eek: Whoah! Our local student party had some seriously revealing advertising yesterday! :eek:

"BU" -strings look good. ;) :D

12. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Can someone PLEASE go to the chatrooms? I am attempting to have an indepth conversation with Mystra. As you can imagine, its not very successful. Here's a sample.

<Baezlebub> Mystra, do you have anything of worth to tell me concerning the fiscal problems of associated countries around the world?
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, sometime in the near future. Ask again tomorrow.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, I feel that you should nominate a topic for discussion
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, we won't go there.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, I feel that we should
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, no.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, I feel that you should nominate a topic for discussion
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, answer hazy.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, Hazy you say? As in purple haze, by Jimi Hendrix?
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, maybe.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, Jimi Hendrix was the ruler of the left handed guitar players. He could so fully manipulate the guitar that he earned himself a place in history. Did you know that Jimi Hendrix played at woodstock 69? It was an amazing performance, from all accounts. However, many of the people there did not go to see him for his spectacular playing ability. Did you know that?
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, bad.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, Jimi Hendrix was not bad. The majority of people that went to see him went not to listen to him play, but to see him do amazing tricks, such as play the guitar with his teeth. He also would put on amazing performances, such as setting his guitar on fire.
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, concentrate and ask again.
    <Baezlebub> Mystra, have you seen Wayne's World? In that movie, Garth dances to woo his dream woman, but he dances to Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix. It is one of the single most well known songs of the time, yet not many people know that it was he that played the song. Isn't that amazing?
    <Mystra> Baezlebub, no.

Mystra is an uncultured git. Saying that Jimi Hendrix isn't amazing like that. Sometimes I think that we just can't communicate on a basic level...

13. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @ Baezlebub
    I'm coming, don't worry. ;)

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, is it a bad thing when you find yourself in the shower making up complicated strategies to flatten a bunch of morons in a fight, then thinking it would be a good idea to make a computer game out of it, then realise that you couldn't make a game if your life depended on it?

(Ah, but a tactical fighting game, now that would be interesting)

15. chevalier

Media:
    In the shower? I've had to make up such strategies on the fly. Fortunately, morons are still morons. Use their own brawls if yours don't suffice. Or if you don't like overworking. Have mercy for the ladies. Remember, even heroes can't stink of sweat ;)

16. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

steel toecaps + shins = a fight you just won.

i'll see you in court :)

17. chevalier

Media:
    Better learn to use improvised tools. The effect is the same, but it's easier for the court to believe you were unarmed etc. A desk is a very handy device, you know.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Am spending the weekend at the nasty place I left for the dorms. lots of ckleaning in the near future...

But, on the plus sidew, I might be in the chatroom tomorrow. Go me!

Also, did most of my christmas shopping... Spent loads of cash and still have loads of people who need gifts... Oh bloody yeah...

I wonder why I always miss everything interesting?

19. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Go on then, give me a clue... WTF does this mean?! :confused:

20. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Woohoo, my first 100th post, and I go waisting such a great thing on here! DOH!

How are you all doing here? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.