1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #15

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] I can't see what's so great about role-playing. I mean, you make some melodramatic character and you play the character out melodramatically and you brag about it in game and out of game and you pretend to be your melodramatic character and you act all superior to those who aren't as melodramatic as you and yadda yadda yadda.

People role-play too much. I'm tempted to just clear my head of all things RPG and play some frisbee or football and make fun of geeks who role-play.

Maybe after Friday, though.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Has anyone read the original 'The Crow' graphic novel yet?

Talk about disturbing...I'll never be able to evoke the sense of horror and despair present in that work with my writing.

3. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'm so bored. The only thing I can do at the moment is play guitar or study. Both get very boring.

I want to just sleep, but its too hot.

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Anyone have any ideas how to handle the stress of not being able to run a great new game on their computer that should be able to run? Alcohol or other "relaxants" not included cause I'm a little broke from buying my new game THAT I CANT RUN :eek: :mad: :confused: I really don't want to start biting my nails but it's starting to look like a valid option.

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oaz, you were always an outsider here...

And Gah! I hear that there's gonna be another Pirates of the Caribbean movie - and I bet any amount of money that it will suck

6. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LKD, I think the best thing you could do *is* to date this woman. I'm a bit disturbed of how it could come to this, pal. And even more disturbed why you wouldn't search for something more pleasing. But I'm not standing in your shoes so that was easily said.
    I'm quite positive on feminism, but this is out of control. Why would you allow her to have a boyfriend and not thinking of dating a woman?

Different thing. I've been drinking yesterday. Not that much, but seemingly enough to get the nasty dwarves inside my head to work on the braindamage, using their hammers on every nerve. AND there was this man on the other side of the wall with a huge powerful drill. Good morning, Nuhn!

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's Friday. I'm out at noon. And playing paintball all day Saturday!!!! WhoooHoo!!

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Writing to really fast and meaningless punk music is really good for your speed and really bad for your spelling and grammar.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Anyone know how to enable Quicklaunch without using the control panel? Stupid school computers...

10. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Blablabla....

notihng to say but this: 200th post!

11. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

YAY! It's Friday which means Color guard and attempting to teach one hundred amazingly complex baton manuvers that I know they'll never fully grasp. It also means that my school's play is on tonight and that after that all my guy friends are seeing Matrix Revolutions for the 2nd and even 3rd times. Yes, everyone in my town is obsessed with the Matrix. As for me, I still haven't seen the 2nd one but I really liked the first. To me it was kind of like those books they make you read in English that you sit there thinking "Wow, R.A. Salvatore is so much better, why am I wasting my time on this?" but then get all caught up in the symbolism and wording and just plain analyzing it. To me, the Matrix simply doesn't compare with my classic favorite movies but I love watching it because it oozes with symbolism and I like figuring out how they do the special effects (I want to be a movie director.) So that's why I like the first one and why I'm going to see the others this weekend. (That and as previously mentioned, all of my friends are completely obsessed with it.)

On a down note, I can't focus on my writing to save my life. Arabwel, don't feel bad because I've only got 6,904 words done on my book. (How did people in your class write 50,000 words in 5 days??? SERIOUSLY?! *wince*)

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

No more classes for nearly 3 whole months! :D
    Only 21 hours of exams :(
    And then after that, no more geography ever again!

Oh, and I saw the 3rd Matrix last night. Some things in it really didn't fit together right. And the first half made no sense at all to me, but the big battle sense was good. I'd probably give it a 6 out of 10.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Dragonfly - I've had four games that should have work on my computers and haven't.

However if I manage to get 5oo or so pounds by november I will be able to buy a new computer with double RAM for free and it shall erase the worries of games failing to work - but I want to keep Esion and Odessy as well ^_^

Oaz - if that is what you think of roleplaying then perhaps you do not understand it fully ;)

14. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

*grumble*

So suddenly I'm not cool or smart or accepted because I don't see what's so fun about pretending to be an elf or an assassin? Well, whatever. The whole idea of roleplaying recently seems rather frivolous. But I guess it's the "intellectual" thing to do. After all, only |33t jerks powergame.

I need to start playing more Zelda and Mario. Or a good old-fashioned Icewind Dale dungeon crawl. That'd be nice.

Well, enough non-levity now.

Babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble babble. :square:

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oaz, I was only joking, why else would I put ;) at the end of it? :)

I suppose roleplaying is just an escape. The chance to do things you wouldn't do really and being able to get away with it and be able to laugh about it afterwards with people who were there.

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @DePaara: Date? Why not... If one can date friends for the meeting to be nice (as I've always done), why shouldn't you date girls in your present situation? Well, with no further action, of course. Heh, I probably sound like a priest now, but you're still bound by the vows and there's also that other girl (not guilty of your problems and possible casualty) that needs to know you're married and hoping for your wife to change her mind. Heh, should be all right if you don't do anything you consider wrong and will possibly regret in future.

Coffee! Maxwell is so bitter and strong. Quite nice it would be, were it not for some slight note I can't really identify, which however bugs me a great deal. With foam, of course. My mother wanted something special to wash down painkillers for her headache (no, she's not the like of me - that was a normal headache ;) ), so she got espresso poured over instant cappuccino powder and some cocoa powder. Cream foam over it and it was all ready. Good with chocolate gateau.

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

An update for those who probably don't care, my NaNo story is up to 10 978 words, and I'm kinda hoping it will gain a thousand or so more by the time I log off tonight.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop! Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop! Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop! Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop! Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop! Ecalp s'Srerecros no tsop!

19. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

On! Nmad!

@reepnorp
    Right click on the Taskbar-->Toolbars-->Quicklaunch

20. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Bluin, I tried that, it's locked. Any other ways?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.