1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #14 - In Memory of Tobias

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Tommorow I'll have to do an 10 minute long speach about the Assasination at Sarajevo at english class... Damn! Anyway it has much to say about this topic but behind rated in english oral about this...

:mad:

Anyway I began reading the Silmarions, nice stuff.

By the way The beaver is the most noble animal ever!

IMO pronounce it Lee-shhh but that's the french pronounciation.

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Hey... Who is Tobias? I just had to see if it was anywhere in here, cuz it caught my eye when I saw it, you see, my name is Tobias... And I deeply doubted it was in memory of me...

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

My exam was terrible today!
    I guess I have always hated geography.
    I did all the non-essay questions, which took about half of the time (we had 3 hours). Then I started on the essay. I got the first one done, and by then I was so bored that my brain wouldn't function, so I gave up doing the other two and started drafting ideas for KoSP.
    *sigh*
    Well only two more exams left over a five day period. So that gives me three days free!

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Lich ought to rhyme with "ditch" or "stitch". "Lych" was an old English word for "corpse". How it got warped into a term for an undead spellcaster, I have no idea. Silly D&Ders.

It has been pronounced, I believe, as "leech", "leash", and "leak".

DM: "There's a lich in this room."
    Player: "I step on it."

Player: "I put it on my pet wolf."

Player: "I plug it up."

Player: (rolls for initiative) "I roll a 21."
    DM: "The lich goes first. It casts Imprisonment on you."

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I rhyme lich with a word for female dog that some days I feel really applies to my soon to be ex-wife . . .

It was an old term for body, and I think that since that's what has been kept animated by magic, that's the word they chose.

6. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I just found a cherry pip in a can of fruit salad! :toofar:
    What's the world coming to!

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

To all those who have no idea who Tobias is: Look back a few pages! Or failing that, check the thread in CS, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

8. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Yep, the .CRE for Tal in the mod has a faulty script... But i'll equip the cre with a 20hp/s regeneration ring, a flaming staff and with a attack script... Then try to beat him! (He'll be tougher than Demogorgon)

I'm back again!

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *hugs Chev* There, there....

Now... today sucked. In my "lovely" meeting it was decided that the schedule would be sped up concerning me houling my existential being out of that hellhole. Go me!

The parental unit bought me a scanner/printer/copier thingy... yayness. Can't wait to get to use it!

Hmm... I wonder if that ring is pickpocketable? :D

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

These retainers are slowly but surely driving me INSANE!

11. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Thanks chev. Finally someone got it :D

@BTA: :lol: I looked at it afterwards too, realized it looked funny :)

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Yes, dealing with servants can be so troublesome, can't it? The things the underclass demands these days! Indoor plumbing, living wages, smoke breaks, three meals a day... I don't know how anyone is expected to run a decent household anymore! :rolleyes:

Oh... wait a minute... you meant retainers as in after braces, didn't you!

Never mind...

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Beneath a blood-red sky...

Things are ever so slightly creeping back to something resembling normal. :) Breastacular!

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I scored a great leather coat for 60% of the original price, AND got a new purse to match! :roll:

Hey, little things make me happy - what can I say?

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I want my friend to download Witches Wake - Part 2, I completed Part one and now I want to play the sequal.

In the meantime I'll just work on my own module when I get the chance.

Once Frostbite gets the internet back - prepare for BG2 mods! Dragoneye Style!

16. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

8people, second part of Witch Wake is ready? I must get that. And reinstall NWN once again. :D

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I wasn't sure if it was out, I presumed it was (or maybe wishful thinking)

I like the way you get no experiance from fighting and purely from roleplaying. It's an intriguing storyline to say the least!

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Single Player Mode Reestablishing Failure. No way, not again, not like this. I object, I veto, I revolt. I'm not going to see this happen. I would like to apologise here to all my faithful readers who will be deprived of my fine writing for quite a long time.

19. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] ...I like knives...

eh. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with a caffiene overdose? This usually never happens but I swear there was something funny in the cup of coffee I drank a few hours ago.

*restrains twitching knife hand* :coffee:

Perhaps I should cut my wrist and bleed the 'hyperness' out... :bigeyes: :bigeyes:
    ...maybe not.

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hate my mobile phone...it killed my phone book, won't let me get long distance calls or even make any calls...not even free calls. I think I'll use it for cricket practice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.