1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #12

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    A great joke I just got from my Dad, enjoy!

A little boy goes up to his dad and asks, "What is Politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way. I'm the head of the family, so call me the President. Your Mother is the administrator of the money so we call her the Government. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the People.

The Nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class. And, your baby brother, we'll call him the Future. Now think about that and see if it makes sense."

So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So, the little boy goes to his parents room and finds his mother sound asleep.
    Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room.
    Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the Nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand politics now."

The father says, "Good, son. Tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "The President is screwing the Working Class while the Government is sound asleep. Meanwhile the People are being ignored and the Future is in Deep S***."

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

...no comment.

Anyhow, I have to get up in just under 6 hours, in other words, some ungodly hour of the morning. So I'm going to bed now.
    Good night

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] :lol:

Good joke.

In other news, I missed my alarm this morning (not sure it went off) and got up an hour late. :( I still made it to work only 5 minutes late. :)

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, my feet are cold.

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

My CD writer went bust. Blew a CD too. Damn I hate that. Now will have to pay those bloodsuckin maintenance guys. :damn:

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'l be gone for two days now. I hate being away from SP :(

7. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yaaay! 8people will be back from holiday soon... :D

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    /me tries to look cute

Will some strong, handsome man please come squish the big ugly bug that's decided to make a home in the cabinet over my desk? Pretty please?

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I'm not strong and definitely not handsome, but I'm pretty sure I'm a man - hang on... *checks* ...yep, I'm a man! 1 out of 3 ain't bad! (Is it?) I'm on my way! :spin: :rolling: :xx:

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The only good thing about getting up so early is that you get to see the world waking up. And of course the birds always sound best at sunrise.

11. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sunrise? You get to see sunrise? Slacker! I'm too busy at the keyboard to turn and look out the office window to find the sunrise. :mad:

Post 450 in this thread! Woohoo?

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Of course, lack of Internet access at home over the weekend (oh hell, even if we HAD access I wouldn't have time to get anywhere near the computer - assuming it was set up in the first place, which it isn't...) means that I'll miss my chance to get in on the first page of the next random babble...

I am SUCH a post-whore these days!

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Man my new English teacher is just FABULOUS! he want to do a student exchenge in england so that we can visit England and upgrading our english! I just got to be in the list! However my teacher said that so far only one school answered his called, in New Hampshire (or something like that) and he said the problem was the location. I asked him why New Hampshire is a problem and he said ¨We're going to visit Londom and the sourrounding (sp?) area¨ So could you tell me what's wrong with New Hampshire?
    Woo-hoo! two week of vacation paid by the government!

14. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

:) Ihave my Grandpa staying over the weekend...

Hmm... I really have nothibng better to post about.

15. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Rally: the bug is your friend. Try talking to him!

16. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

lol reep, your b-day is on a tuesday too? lol i bet you remembered it...i forgot mine last tuesday

17. Rotku

That's sad. Forgetting your 15th birthday.
    :nono:

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Urgh, no roleplaying goodness all day as the NS server is down. Instead I have had to hijack the NS chatroom for entertainment.

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

How am i able to send a link to download thing? Like with Aragorn's band webby thing ... I finally have a decent song i'd like to show you all :)

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I would be listening to that song at the moment, but it crashes my computer :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.