1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #12

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

The teach English here, and Englands on the other side of the world to me :(
    They should be teaching us Austrailian.
    300th post in RBP #12

[ August 30, 2003, 12:20: Message edited by: Rotku ]

2. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Finland also has a swedish speaking minority, that's the reason. No offense whatsoever, but personally I am happy I will never have to learn swedish :D .
    Btw, I have been through german and french classes as well. Nearly made me fail each year (both of them), but it was well spent time in the end.

3. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Yea, mainly U.S.A. teaches Spanish, it is really easy and the majority of the students take it. We also have the chance for French, German, Latin, and i think Dutch.

Stupid dialup, can't wait to get back home to the good ole DS of L. lol, DSL

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh well in Canada in school we learn French/english (at least in Québec) as english isn't my native language my class look like 4th grade to anybody who speak english as a native language ^^

Damn School begin Tuesday haaa!!!

5. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Dungeon_Master
    You sure French from Quebec is not an independent language ? :D It sure sounds like it, and I had to take quite many years of French...

Anyway, good luck back at school ! If what you say is true, I guess English will not be a problem for you... ;)

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Can you stop this conversation about schools?

I have two weeks of holidays ahead of me before schools start... don't ruin them.

:p ;)

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Lucky you.

School is fun. Whenever I am forced to sit in a class with no computers, I ddodle. And write. Elves are SO facinating... I am especially proud of the Gil-Galad drawing I made last week...

8. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Someone tell me the song from which these lyrics originate:

9. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

@Yerril

"Cats in the cradle" by Ugly Kid Joe from their LP "America's least wanted". The original (U.K.J. 's version is a cover) is by Harry Chapin back in seventies.

10. Gwenhwyfar Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Evil-ness. My PaintShopPro free trial ran out. Now I have to use MSPain (MSPaint) to make dolls... >.<
    Oh, and why on earth do I need to bring a pillow to school next week?

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    To show you that your pillow is a colony of millions of mites, or maybe you just normally sleep in class and the teacher wanted to piss you off.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Haha, good one :lol:

Yikes, I'm uber-spamming :eek:

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Well In canada Quebec is the only province where english is a minority and french a majority elsewhere english is the main language I doubt other province (exept maybe New Brunswick) offer obligatory french class and here we have to learn english...

to learn more of Canada http://www.canadahistory.com/

have fun people

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I hate life.

But PotC rocks :D I just looove Norri!

15. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Didn't Cat Stevens do that song way back when?

As for everyone complaining about foreign languages, I have one to beat you all... In Norway we have two (yep, 2) versions of the same language! The primary one Bokmaal, is the one used 90% of all books, newspapers, television etc. The secondary one is called Nynorsk (translation: New Norwegian) and is a composite of all the different dialects (and boy oh boy, do we have many different dialects). Now, the real problem is that both languages are taught in school, and the grades are equally important. However, about 80% of the curriculum is directed towards one version (picked, in most cases, by your parents when you start 1st grade) and 20% for the other. Needless to say, people tend to get lousy grades in one, thereby lowering their average.
    The only reason both are taught is that if you are to go into government service later on in life, you must command both versions of the language, since if people write to you (in an official capacity as a government prole) you are required by law to reply in their preferred form.
    Now, is this stupid or what?! :flaming: :doh: :bang:

16. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ok, saw the movie as well, but I love Jack. He's hot as hell and a cool character as well. *snickers* Orli on the other hand was kind of boring and uninteresting.

Oh well.

17. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

What is this PotC?

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I just saw the germain movie: ¨Enlightenment Guaranteed¨

There is no word to describe it! it's just, just Fantastic! It's simple but yet complex, weird but you just can't stop it.

The only drawback (spelling?): it was a subtitled french version.

Anyway I really recommend this movie to everybody!

19. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I finally got into the Phoho place thingy!
    Some of you people look... nothing like what I though you would.

20. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Pirates of the Caribbean. Mostly cool movie, but sported such a stupid bimbo that I was almost in tears by the end. And then I laughed when they kissed. Hee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.