1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I saw pictures of Canadian women in bikini's during the winter, Dice. Isn't a "summer shirt" something of an oxymoron to you people? :p

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol, I tell you I felt like taking my shirt off today it was so hot out.

Bladezuez likes this.
  3. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ha! And I felt so hot today beneath a house, I felt like my skin was being soaked off. :D

4. Dice

Media:
    I think you would look much better with skin on Mon.

5. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    You have no idea how funny that is.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You haven't seen MoN. :p

7. Dice

Media:
    I've seen pictures of Mon with skin on.

8. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    This still makes me chuckle. :D

btw: Happy birthday, Rembrandt!

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Damn Steam Summer Sale! :mad:

Bladezuez likes this.
  10. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love Steam. and their sales. too bad we can't link to them from here and have the site get credit there also.

11. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]

Bladezuez likes this.
  12. Dice

Media:
    Is that a steam punk? :p

Ofelix and Vorona like this.
  13. Splunge

Media:
    So far I’ve bought Fallout New Vegas Ultimate for $5 and Deus Ex Human Revolution for $3. I’ve just started Fallout 3:GOTY, with 4 other games in the wings and 2 that I’ve started that I may or may not go back to, so god knows when I’ll get to New Vegas.

And after playing Fallout 3 for awhile, I’ve come to the conclusion that what I enjoy most about gaming is scavenging. Also, when I left the vault, I selected one of the 3 or 4 quests in my log, and by pure chance it was the Operation Anchorage DLC. At the end of that quest, I picked up a piece of equipment that perfectly matches my preferred playing style (stealth), and which really makes scavenging easier. Honestly, I think that particular piece of equipment has the potential to fundamentally change the way I’d otherwise have to play the game (although given that this is my first time through, I can’t say for sure).

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can't get Fallout 3 GOTY to run on my computer. Did you need to do any work arounds?

15. Splunge

Media:
    And now I've added Amnesia for $4. :rolleyes:

Nope. I'm running W7 64 bit, and had no problems (although the Darnified UI mod screwed things up so I had to reinstall). What issues are you having?

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It goes through the initial screen but then stalls on a black screen. There are a ton of recommendations on how to correct this but none seem to work.

17. Splunge

Media:
    Hmm, did a search and yes, that seems to be a common issue. Wasn't a problem for me, though.

Do you have integrated graphics? That seems to be a problem.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    PC spec and OS version?

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well good news (for me) ! Life seems finally to get better for ye olde Flix. I've got an interview for tomorrow morning. Weird thing is, I've actually applied for a part time cashier's job at this furniture store, but they call about something else altogether, anyway I'm not about to throw away a chance at employment. If you're curious it would basically be unloading merchandise truck, get the furniture inside the store, that kinda stuff. It's not an ideal job, far from it, I've never seen myself as a manual labour kinda guy but meh, I'm desperate enough.

@ T2Bruno; Do you have more than two core on your CPU ? 'Cause Fallout 3's engine does not like this at all. It kept crashing for me, I had to manually limit the number of thread utilized in the ini file and it worked like a charm afterward. Source

20. Splunge

Media:
    Flix, that problem happens in-game. I had the same problem (freeze when exiting the vault), and the fix solved it. T2's problem is different as he can't even get the game started.

And good luck tomorrow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.