1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I agree... need test readers??? it sounds great... :tobattle::thumb:

2. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

Possibly. Right now it's just over 2,000 words. I'm having my students write a 5,000 word short story this week, and I'm trying to keep pace with them. Obviously, my end is going to be a lot longer than 5,000 words.

I will probably post some snippets in the MUG, and I could potentially PM parts of it to individuals. Feedback is always useful :). I do want to sell it eventually, so I probably won't post it in public areas (that counts as "published", so you lose First Rights -- it's not a matter of me being worried about people stealing ideas).

Bladezuez likes this.
  3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I will be interested in reading your work Vorona :). I've been very busy lately with a new full-time job and some personal stuff that has kept me without any free time. But I do intend to spend more time with SP when I get a chance. I always enjoy your posts Vorona. I also enjoy the rest of my friends here :).

4. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

My first random babble: Dice, is your name an allusion to P&P D&D? Or are you simply a Yahtzee fanatic? ;)

Bladezuez likes this.
  5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Why for Gods sake do we get a weekly delivery containing 297 oilfilters?

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You must have a lot of oil that needs filtering. Obviously. ;)

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do you get a burning smell from your car when driving it? Maybe the delivery guy is trying to tell you something :p.

8. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I work in a warehouse for car parts. The car importers order part in Japan. In the container there is always one box containing 297 filters, never 300. It is sealed in packages of 10, meaning 7 filters are shipped single.

In the warehouse itself we have over a 1500 filters on the shelve containing this part.

Again, with swearing, why 297 and not 300?

Tomorrow, a container will arrive, with one crate....

9. Barmy Army

Media:
    You can get car parts from Japan at wholesale (so I presume, cheap) prices? Hm... I know where to go then if I get any issues with my Honda Civic Type R :D.

10. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I can't believe I forgot to post this here:

Despite all the drama surrounding who's coming back next year: I have a job next year! According to the current schedule (which will probably change), I'm teaching:
    Nothing 1st period (7:15-8:00)
    Classical Literature, British Literature, and American Literature
    Creative Writing (yay!)
    French I - with only 2 students (yay!)

I have planning/free periods 1st period (yay!), 3rd period, and 6th period (right after lunch: yay! long lunch).

I don't have to teach Theatre or 8th grade literacy. I like these students the most, but they were also the hardest to teach and the most stressful, particularly the 8th grade class (I didn't even know what book I'd be teaching, and find out the day I was going to start teaching something that either they didn't have the books or I was supposed to teach something else: trust me, you NEVER want to teach Utopia to 8th graders!)

Overall, I'm pretty happy about this.

Bladezuez and Gaear like this.
  11. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Congrats, V. :thumb:

12. Merlanni

Media:
    Toyota, Suzuki, Daihatsu. Tough luck, Brmy.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mr. Merman - A dice is an object of chance - and some aspects of life have been dependant on that :) Also dice are very cool and I'm very cool so the name suits :D.

Bladezuez likes this.
  14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is very true, Dice is pretty cool.

And a MILF.

15. MrMermaid

MrMermaid Reality is merely an illusion, albeit persistent Resourceful

Mr. MermaID. :p I can tell about the coolness. The name's very fitting! :)

Plus milfs are just da bomb.

In other news, last night was the first time in a few months that I slept through from 12 till 6 (usually I wake up at least 2 or 3 times in that period). I feel fantastic! :D Sucks I've still gotta revise for my finals...

16. Vorona

Vorona Shadow-Whisperer

I always figured that about your name, especially with your quote, Dice.

Good luck on your finals, Mr. Mermaid, and yay on the sleep! I've been getting good sleep this week, too. Makes everything so much easier.

17. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    *wanders in*

New people! Wow!

It's been quite a while since my last post, it seems. Well, I'm living in Japan now, teaching English and being idolized by high school students, which is pretty sweet.

Umm, not much else to add. I'll show myself out. Nice to see this place is still around.

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    Hey Deathmage. Nice to see you.

19. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Hey Barmy. How's it going?

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Shouldn't you come back at least every Talk Like a Pirate Day? Arrr! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.