1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Back from skiing, had a blast. Weather cooperated immensely. Legs hurt (I'm not nearly in the shape I should be for the amount of skiing I did).

Good times.

Best of luck Dice. Closure is a good thing.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks guys - yes dmc, closure is a good thing.

~

Went outside and shoveled some slushy snow out of the yard because we live on the shaded side and otherwise it takes forever to melt. I wish we would have a 30c day and all of it would just disappear suddenly but I supposed then we'd be dealing with major flooding. :p

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dice – my rather sporadic posting of late has apparently meant that I’m not as well informed on SP-related things as I used to be. I knew you had serious concerns regarding your ex, but I didn’t realize the courts were involved. As dmc says, it’s nice to have closure. Good luck today.

And on the snow front, we still have a ton of snow on the ground. It was -15°C this morning, and daytime temps are only around the freezing point. We’re almost 10° below normal for this time of year, and it’s not looking better until later next week. At this rate, the snow won’t be gone until May. Plus we are definitely going to have flooding along the rivers. Hard to believe that last year all the snow was gone by early March and it was around 20° (of course, last year was a record-breaker for a warm spring).

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Soldier on, Dice.

Any cool mortgages, Splunge? How's Antigua at this time of year?

(& a general 'sup to y'all, off coarse :p)

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chev! Always nice to see you.

6. Dice

Media:
    Well its over now. Two years in a cage and 3 years on a leash. I guess he's going to have a while to think about the stuff he doesn't believe he did wrong.

LKD, Nakia, Silvery and 6 others like this.
  7. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    ^ This is a perfect example of how the "like" button is better than "thanks." :)

Nakia and Dice like this.
  8. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Is that what you were expecting? How did your son react? (And how did the ex react?)

Presumably, you will be protected by some sort of order once he gets out as well . . .

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hey Bruno, I think I found one of yours...

[​IMG]

:D

T2Bruno and Dice like this.
  10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well done, Pen. Proud of you x.

11. Dice

Media:
    Thanks to everyone for your kind words :)

There is a new no-contact order and radius order in place as of today. Even though he's going to jail he's still not allowed to contact us. This order will also cover the three years following while he's on probation.

My sons reaction was interesting. At one point when his (my sons) hospitalization was discussed my ex actually turned in his seat to look at us and gave my son the most sad, pious, and deeply concerned expression like he was about to cry. My son returned it with his own expression. Cold disbelief with a raised eyebrow. And then he smiled and nodded at his father. He later told me that it just made him remember how his father would laugh and taunt him when he was crying because of the abuse he gave him.

My ex's theatrics didn't fool anyone except maybe his new "wife" who sat at the back and watched the proceedings. (We are separated but still married.)

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Are you going to file for divorce?

13. Bladezuez

Bladezuez I'm normal in my mind; everyone else is crazy! Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    that is good that your son sees through his antics...

14. Dice

Media:
    @ Tal - I barely have enough money to live on right now and have no reason to change my tag at the moment so I'll have to live with being separated for now.

@ Bladezues - My boy is really smart and streetwise. It's not easy to fool him. :)

Bladezuez likes this.
  15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Dice, can he be paroled before the 2 years are up?

Chev - thanks for blowing my cover, man. Are you trying to get me killed? :mad:
    Now if you'll excuse me, there's someone at the door. Apparently room service, which is odd since I never ordered anything...

16. Dice

Media:
    You know Splunge, I didn't think to ask the crown that before I left the courts yesterday. I think that's something I need to know although no-one has discussed any options of early release.

~

Oh and if the service man at the door has a moustache .... duck. You know it must be a ruse.

17. Splunge

Media:
    Dice, my understanding is that, in general, people are eligible for parol after serving 1/3 of their sentence, so in your ex's case, he could be out in 8 months. It's not an automatic thing, though, and certainly the no-contact order would apply. It might be worthwhile asking the crown the question.

Oh, and the man at the door was very nice. He gave me a package in plain brown wrapping - he said it was a cake. The ticking sound is odd, though - maybe there's a watch in there, too! :bigeyes: Anyway, I'll open it up later...

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I sense that cake does some weird stuff to your stomach lining, Splunge. Terrible burning sensation and acid reflux. You can't eat that cake, nor have it!

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Gotta love having to spend more than an hour filling out 3 pages of forms (with an extra page of half-assed instructions) to request the return of €10 that the customs overcharged me for the import of a package. Honestly, after half an hour, you start wondering if the principle is worth it. :rolleyes:

The thing is, pretty much every time those half-wits touched anything I imported from the US, they got the numbers wrong, one way or another. It's unbelievable. Considering this level of incompetence, you'd think they'd be doing nothing else but processing one complaint after another.

20. dmc

Media:
    But isn't it amazing that they always get it wrong in their favor, rather than in your favor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.