1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Eight is a snake and reptile expert! I'm thinking she should give up her house and just move into a giant aquarium. :p

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    She could but she'd drown...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yeah, it's vivarium (or terrarium for some habitats!) :D

Only sad story I have is the first baby I bought as a pet wasn't a natural feeder, unfortunately she got further stressed as when I got her she had mites I had to treat, then a few days later an equipment malfunction caused burns along her tummy. When the breeder came over to visit and show me how to assist feed her windpipe closed up and she choked - we were unable to save her.

Since keeping a baby snake since it became clearer to me the baby I had before had a couple of defects none of us could have predicted - she was a first clutch baby - many snakes their first clutch fails or many of the babies have problems as the more frequently snakes become gravid and lay eggs the more efficient and strong their bodies become to lay bigger clutches with stronger babies - a very clever trait. The baby I had didn't have proper control of certain bodily functions and I believe her burn was largely caused because she didn't know when to move off her heat source to thermoregulate.

But 'Project Zero' again fed well tonight, still not striking like most snakes will but he grabs food from me, constricts it then eats it very happily. The four I'll be taking on will be in a similar state to Zero when I got him (I believe it's a him anyway, we haven't sexed the animal yet as he's only recently out of the woods realistically) so it will be interesting taking on the challenge and seeing how it goes.

The four I'll be looking after are relatively rare morphs (morphs are different colour or pattern snakes - a bit like coats in dogs and cats, except morphs can be combined) the ones I'll be looking after are multi-gene morphs and visiting the two local reptile shops today they know I'm willing to foster young royal pythons who don't have a developed feeding instinct to bring them up to strength and prepare them for sale to permanent owners.

I'll probably pop up any uplifting stories later, got a couple of anecdotes but I've done a fair bit for someone who has only been keeping reptiles for a year and a half. I've been wanting to keep pythons since I was seven though, so it's nice to be putting about fifteen years of reading into practice.

4. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    Happy late birthday, Magpie! That's a positive spirit to have for turning 30. So did you do anything special for your birthday?

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "positive spirit to have for turning 30"?!?!?

To the last, I will grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It isn't always pleasant to be getting older, but given the alternative I guess I don't mind that much. :)

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Cheers, Arctic. A couple of things stand out, but tbh I prefer birthdays low-key, so I decided against the traditional British piss-up this time.
    Exactly, Montresor.

8. Dice

Media:
    Well I'm not going low-key for my birthday. I'm going out - haven't gone out for my birthday for years. And I'm going to get drunk and dance and flirt with men :D.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Well, I think Ms. Magpie wouldn't like it if I did that! :p

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I dunno, she could give you some tips on picking up men...

11. Dice

Media:
    I think you must be one-liner Winnifred, Silvo.

Well things are shaping up so that I will have no choice but to get drunk this Saturday :p. What was originally going to be me and two friends has suddenly grown into a group. Not only am I looking forward to celebrating, I'm a little apprehensive.

12. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Nothing to fear when you're surrounded by your girl crew. :)

13. Dice

Media:
    Thanks for the words of reassurance Gaear. Do you think they can protect me from myself though?

14. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    No, but they can shield you from the fallout. :)

Dice likes this.
  15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ma Na Ma Na

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do Do-o-o Do Do Do

17. Dice

Media:
    This is your fault Splunge. Now we all get to hear it in our heads for the rest of the day!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And that always results in this sticking in my head:

Happy Birth Dice!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  19. Dice

Media:
    Awww, thanks Mon :) I remember that video - it rocks.

20. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Convinced myself to get my first smartphone. Rumour has it that you can do things besides placing a telephone call with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.