1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #109

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Silvery,
    try drawing salve i.e. a salve used to treat boils, splinters, etc. It is also known as Black Ointment, or Ichthyol Salve. With burn salve it's one of the things one should IMO have at home. It's black, tarry stuff, smells like tar, and it will usually draw out the infection. The few times I had to use it it worked. Cover the spot well as the ointment might stain your clothing.

Oh yes, and when it breaks up, disinfect. What's causing the infection is usually staphylococcus bacteria (as in: 'deep localised infection'); the pus is infectious. You'll know that the boil is drained when it starts bleeding.

Alternative: Go to your doctor and he'll cut it open. Your choice. When you in this context have high fever and shivering go to the doctor or hospital immediately. A potential complication of a boil can be a sepsis. You don't want that. Generally, when in doubt, go to the doctor or hospital; don't ask SP ;) :p

Oh, exercise, and eat healthy, and consume vitamins a lot (preferably in vegetables). Get some rest. Having something like that suggests your immune system is reeling. That said, get well :)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Went to a county fair the other day and there was a cute girl in a terryiaki booth. As I wanted food anyway it was worth an attempt:

Me- "Hey, I'm looking for something hot and spicy tonight and I think I found it"

Her- "Curry?"

Me- "You."

No dice. But man she made the best face and laughed like crazy, totally worth it. We chatted later too and she said it made her day a bit less boring.

Saber likes this.
  3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    haha, at least she didn't think you were creepy. That would probably happen to me if I tried that... :cry:

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Rags. Tried the drawing paste and nothing's happening. Tried hot compresses - nothing. Think I'm going to have to argue my way into an appointment at the doctors!

5. Ragusa

Media:
    Silvery,
    it is normal for such things to take a couple days to come out even with constant application of drawing salve. That said, going to the doctor is a good choice.

Silvery likes this.
  6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I know but this has been here for a week and a half! I'm getting a temperature and feeling quite sick as well so it's best to go get it checked I think

7. Ragusa

Media:
    Yes :)

8. Silvery

Media:
    Just had to look twice at your signataure Rags. I looked quick and thought that 'brick' read as something else!

Got in to see the nurse today. She had a look at my shoulder and diagnosed it as 'looking nasty'. That was it.
    However, seeing as I was there, I thought I'd get my contraceptive injection. To the nurses credit, she did make an accurate diagnoses when I pulled my pants down....I have a spotty bum

9. Ragusa

Media:
    [​IMG] A Freudian, Silvery?

10. Silvery

Media:
    Nope, I really do have a spotty bum

11. Triactus

Media:
    Unless I am mistaken, I believe Rag's post was about what you said on his signature. Unless you understood and were making a joke... ugh, I need sleep... *breathes in a paper bag*

Don't worry Sil. *I* believe you about your bum!

(I'm wondering how much time it will take for somebody to ask us to take our comments to the MUG...:D)

12. Silvery

Media:
    Sorry, I'm being a right bimbo today!

13. Triactus

Media:
    That's okay, I'm being a left mimbo. HA HA, I'm so funny I crack me up. :hahaerr:

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

...this is weird

15. Triactus

Media:
    awww, I'm weird... :cry:

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

We could start a new language. "Sorcererian". The 1st added is...

Triactus = Weird.
    Silvery = Right Bimbo(her words).
    Blades = Ducking Silvery.:)

17. Triactus

Media:
    I'd rather be known for my hilarious sense of humour... :p

You can also add :

Splunge = Splunge

and a slight mod to Blades status :

Blades = Duckling

18. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yay! I'm my own Sorcererian word! :D

19. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hey +1 posts NICE!

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    The end of the world is approaching. FACT.

How do we know this? Splunge is a handful of posts away from hitting 5000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.