1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #109

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Interesting theory, though that is for later. Workplace politics come first. Let's see how this new [expletive] fares. His ass better pray never to have anything to do with me.

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The words are in English, but put together, they aren't.

Trying the same words, but in a different order:

I'm currently a piece of bacon rind, held on my shoulder sat with a plaster

Nope, not much better...

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    What about this:

currently plaster with a shoulder, I'm with a sat of rind held on my bacon piece

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Not sure you want a sat of rind on your bacon piece. Unless 'sat of rind' means 'beautiful woman.'

5. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I'm not sure the bacon should be anyplace else than in my mouth... :)

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Oh noes! I have a library fine and am due to get some more, because I've let a book at home. Grr.

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    when I was in university, the library had an online service. Whenever I would lose a book (and that happened often), I kept renewing my rental online until I found it and could bring it back... Never had to pay a fine! :)

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I can do that too, but somebody's got the book on order, which means I can't renew it.

I'm feeling so unmotivated. Been sitting here for about two hours and I have done absolutely nothing. I need chocolate...

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The bacon fat didn't work. Have to try something else now

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 58 seconds later... ----------

Just realised that I forgot to say why I was sat with shoulders full of plastered bacon fat (that more sense-ish).
    I have a boil on my shoulder that's really painful. The doctors keep giving me Fluoxicillan for it and it doesn't work! Someone told me that using bacon fat can help draw out the infection and I'm desperate enough to try anything right now!

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Why oh why did I read 'grapes are squishy and dye fingers' without a specific g?

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    You sound like a pregnant woman... :mommy:

:p

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Silvery: Locally applied bacon for infections? Um... well...
    Getting an antibiogram done and choosing a different antibiotic might be a less radical approach...

Full rambling inside:
    (The bacon fat, theoretically, is similar enough to skin fats to mix well with them, not irritating the skin and stuff, *maybe* even to provide an environment suitable enough for the infection to spread through the skin (if occlusion is reached and the content actually does cross the skin and exits through enlarged skin pores) but the chances of the thing actually relocating the infection (and not merely having it flare up both in the bacon and your shoulder, if any of it reaches the bacon) are pretty low.
    Unless the bacon in question is loaded with additives used to prevent spoilage, you are just giving the bacteria a new place to grow.

Maybe you should just have the thing cleaned up in a local hospital, or do a swab and get the antibiogram of bacterias present, to see which antibiotics are a reasonable choice for it.
    The infection is likely resistant to Fluoxiciline (sorry about spelling) - many strains are - antibiogram could show that.

ION, my attempts at usefulness have not lead to a conclusive result. :p

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Bah, XMMS HAD to switch to a Skrew track... now I feel like getting wasted out of my head.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oops, I might have slept in until 12.30 today... well past my 9.00 wake up time so I could get work done. Oh well, at least I caught up on a bit of sleep, right?

15. Loreseeker

Media:
    I think I'm on the wrong side of the sanity line:

I have troubles centering the frying pan directly over the flames when making pancakes/frying in general. There's an aspirator over the stove.
    So I took an old laser pointer, wrapped it with some copper wire, made a hook and hung the thing over the stove, attaching it to the aspirator grate.
    It's carefully positioned to point directly at the centre of the flames. When I press the button, the red dot points at where the centre of the frying pan should be.

After that I proceeded to make perfectly centered and aligned batch of pancakes. :D

Only... I'm fairly sure I shouldn't be *this* happy over it.

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Lore - Do you have an uncle named Adrian Monk?:)

17. Loreseeker

Media:
    Heh. Not really.

I do have too much time on my hands these days, though. (*still* on summer holidays - not that I'm complaining :p)

EDIT:
    I don't mind the position of the pan so much as the fact that food gets burned on one end, while it's not-quite cooked on the other. Some of my pancakes can actually be rolled across the table sometimes, because I try to cook the under-done bits and then they turn entirely crispy... etc :p

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, the first 12 hours of my B-Day are over, and I must say...all things considered...those 12 hours were pretty much awesome! :bigeyes:

And to make things even better...I'm off to bed for a few hours so I can spend some time with my wife once she gets off work. :sleep:

19. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Lore, you know FAR too much about bacon. And I won't even mention the laser pointer over the stove :p

20. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    OK, I'm REALLY desperate now! Anyone got any ideas how I can drain this boil? It's really painful and I can't get to the doctors until next week!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.