1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #109

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Got a few pics of the wedding already so I've put a couple on here. Go see and tell me I'm gorgeous!! :lol:

2. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Aw you are gorgeous! :) Your dress is beautiful!

How was the ceremony and the whole ordeal? Did you have tons of fun?

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I was so nervous! However, Ashley broke the ice and had everyone in stiches. There was a fire place in the ceremony room and he tried to climb up the chimney mid way through our vows! Plus, when the registrar asked if anyone had any objections he piped up 'Daddy....D'oh' :lol:
    Had me, Rob and all our guests in hysterics

Caradhras likes this.
  4. Triactus

Media:
    haha, kids are little devils sometimes, making you tear your hair out, but other times they do exactly the right thing to ease a stressful situation! :)

Well good to know the wedding went well! :) Did you make any plans for a honeymoon?

5. Silvery

Media:
    Yeah, we're off to euro-disney on wednesday. Little family holiday for us

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

...this is the cult cause THIS IS WEIRD

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations, Silvery. :)

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Congrats Silvery! Have fun!

I didn't sleep all night, and now I am at work and I am so tired. In my current shape I'm not productive. I can barely concentrate. And I don't want to ruin my good reputation by falling asleep in front of the computer. So I guess I'll leave early today, and go to bed early, and stay long tomorrow. Fortunately that's an option.

9. Triactus

Media:
    or you could injest massive amounts of caffeine to stay awake... That's what I do... :) (exept I don't drink coffee so I double the number of cans of pepsi..:lol:)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I am very happy for you, Sil! Best of Luck!

Tal, I have never heard of anyone "castrating" a post. You, sir, have a way with words!

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Tria,
    my choice was to drink coffee in the morning and a can of Red Bull in the afternoon. My morning low lasted basically about till noon. After that it want ok-ish, but I left early before I could screw something up. That's what you get for playing Borderlands all night I guess, that and level 24 ;) :heh:

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Day off today... got all the supplies.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Wish me luck for tomorrow, got some nasty business to deal with...

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is it time for your annual shower again?

Oh well, good luck. Just don't forget to use soap!

:p

15. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'll try not to think of you when I'm using it so that it doesn't put me off for another year...

T2Bruno likes this.
  16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Good luck, Tal.

Microdialysis
    is Awesome!

Just imagine, with the membrane placed upside down, one could pump in therapeutic concentrations of cytostatics directly to tumor sites, with reduced danger of general toxicity, (the drug transfer only lasts until the concentration gradients is spent, and that would be controlled by the person loading the pump) assuming of course the tumor sites are accessible. Given that the technique has been used for over 30 years to monitor brain metabolites and such, I'd say accessibility isn't too great a problem. Also, it's quite non-invasive - you can keep the needle in a person for hours, days, etc.

I'm gushing over it, really. All those lectures about complicated imuno-methods of reaching tumor cells... why has no one ever mentioned this? I'm an undergraduate, so thousands and thousands of people must have realised this way before me. I wonder how widely is it used...

*stops rambling and goes google*

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    /me crosses fingers!

Good luck, Tal!

18. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I prefer frisky or risky business myself. Anyway, good luck Taluntain.

19. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What an incredible coincidence! I was just trying to explain this very thing to a bunch of football players last night!

I think the bruises are going to last quite a long time. :(

:p

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Good luck Tal!

Lore, you're such a geek :D :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.