1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #109

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...DIY home improvement... :nolike:

My dad decreased the value of his house by 30% by re-doing the entire kitchen himself. :bad: Uneven walls, shoddy drywall installation, half-a**ed tile installation, cheap wood floors, ugly cabinets, mismatched cabinets, out of place lighting, improper oven hood installation, direct access to the laundry room (no door to close out the noise)...the list goes on and on. :shake:

God forbid they leave the house to me in their will. At this point, it would be easier to tear the house down and start over from scratch! :rolleyes:

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    A hot chocolate would be so nice right now... I've spent the last hour or so outside walking/waiting for a bus and it rained the whole time...

Jacket, hair, shoes - I look like I went swimming and still have to be on faculty for about 8 hours more.

At least my lab coat is dry.

Let there be open flames in the lab.

3. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Same here. And at work, the temperature seems slightly higher than outside... brrrr.... :geezer:

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    It's the only thing that matters! ;)

Good idea! AND you can heat your hot chocolate using the bunsen too :p

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I realize this was tongue-in-cheek, but most lab coats offer no resistance to flames. The vast majority of lab coats are polyester and will melt immediately when near a fire (I've seen this happen, unfortunately).

After a major accident occured in a lab of my former employer the lab manager did a demonstration -- he splashed ~50 ml of acetone on each of two lab coats (one polyester, one nomex) and then lit them on fire. The polyester lab coat was a puddle of melted goo within seconds. The nomex coat initially flared, but then the flames went out after a few seconds and coat remained undamaged.

I wear only nomex lab coats.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Anyone here watch NCIS?

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not me. Every NCIS/NIS agent I ever met was ... unimpressive. I never wanted to watch a show which glorified such a group -- I never watched JAG either (for much the same reason).

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, it's an entertaining show, a nice cop-show with comic-relief to make it worth coming back to.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't like cop shows...it's *those* shows that are causing my technical college to be overrun with Criminal Justice degree idiots! :bang:

10. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I like some cop shows, but "The Big Bang Theory" is a must every week. Great writing!

11. Saber

NCIS is atypical though... I have seen quite a few cop shows, and none of the characters are quite as engaging as the cast of NCIS. The most interesting episodes all deal with the main characters having crimes committed against them.

Of course, I also watch Lie to Me, Fringe, and Dexter, which are all "cop" shows too, but each one has unique traits... they aren't straight up CSI-type stuff.

12. Blades of Vanatar

NYPD Blues was always my favorite of the Cop shows. Now I like Criminal Minds. But TBBT and Two and a Half Men are my favorites, comedy always seems to win out for me.

13. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I LOVE Dexter. I think it's one of the best shows on TV right now. And every season is as good if not better than the last, which is rare.

I also watched the first season of Fringe. I was really into the first half, but I thought the second half was a big letdown, especially the final episodes. They were the weakest of the season. I watched the first episode of the second season on TV, but I wasn't impressed. I didn't follow it. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD...

14. Blades of Vanatar

I really liked the Eleventh Hour, but it did not return. It was about a doctor, Jacob Hood, who was working with the FBI trying to track down Cloners. I thought it was a really good show, tood bad...

Rescue Me and Sons of Anarchy are excellent shows on FX. The latter being my new fav.

15. Saber

Haha, I am the exact opposite - I thought it was weak at the beginning until they really starting discussing the multiple dimensions and the otherworldly army, which is super interesting and unique. Plus, the characters are a lot more flushed out now - Peter is more than just Walter's humorous caretaker, and Walter is starting to have to deal with what he did 20 years ago.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I watched a couple of eps of NCIS but I didn't like it. Not very likeable main character. JAG was much more watchable IMO.

17. Blades of Vanatar

Marc Harmon's character is pretty lame for a main character, but his underlings are what make the show. DeNozo in particular is pretty funny. And the way the Israeli chic screws up all of her Americanized one-liners.

18. Saber

Gibbs is the man! He is almost as badass as Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive.

You guys are lame.

:p

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think he's secretly the Flash. Did you see him in this season's opening episode snipe a few people through the window from several thousand yards away, and then maybe 10-20 seconds later he's standing casually in the hallway of the building he was shooting into!

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Salmon sashimi :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.