1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #109

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

If it was the launch PS3, the difference in the internals is also brutal.

In favor of the launch PS3. They've been dropping features more and more as time goes on. Don't get rid of your PS2 if you got one.

... well, the only worthwhile feature dropped is backwards compatibility. It's smaller and more power efficient if you're just going to play PS3/PSN games.

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    The funeral for my friend was today. Two things: a. I have never laughed so much at a funeral service before, people had great stories to share. b. Bagpipes in an enclosed space will scare small children.
    Still, it was pretty hard day.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No plans to do so. My PS2 is mint because I took the best care I could and the PS3 will get the same treatment.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I never would have guessed that DotW is a Sony supporter... :hmm:

I guess we all have our weaknesses. :evil:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Says the guy who owns a Xbox 360.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My laptop's fan is making incredibly loud noises... it sounds like my computer is about to take off! Not sure if that is a bad sign, or if it is just working hard...

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Probably a bad sign... fans become noisier if there's a lot of rubbish accumulating on the blades.

8. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I still can't find a good reason to buy a PS3.

9. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Me neither although it's good to get drunk once in a while.

I never got a chance to say this before but there is something about these forums that keeps me getting back and posting, so without further ado to every last one of you SPers you are the salt of the earth and I love you guys and gals!

Take good care.

Cara.

Loreseeker likes this.
  10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Nooo, I just burned my homemade pizza :(

Ziad, is there anyway for me to clean the fan? Also, it isn't all the time... just sometimes it starts up when I boot up the computer, and other times it just starts randomly when I use it.

11. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Its the cocaine that Tal sneaks into the web address...it gets us all in the end! :rolleyes:

I wish Google chrome would stop telling me I'm spelling things wrong...especially when it tells me I'm spelling Google wrong! Argh it keeps underlining it! Stop it Google, STOP IT!! :bang:

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    The new flat finally has internet! It's about time- Uni without being able to get online easily is a complete pain.

Google Chrome is telling you that you are spelling 'Google' wrong? :doh:

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Sounds about right. The only way to clean it would be to open the laptop... which may not be the best thing to do, depending on how easily you can get the fan off without dismantling the whole thing.

:lol:

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well the correct spelling is googol :p

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's what she said!

Do a Google search for your laptop's make/model and add +disassemble
    That should get you going in the right direction...taking apart a laptop is kind of a pain...but it can be done if you're careful. :thumb:

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Had to go to a wedding yesterday. The couple are a complete pain in the arse but I grew up with the girl so I couldn't not go. On the plus side, the ceremony was at 3 and the reception wasn't until 7 so we managed to get home for a few hours so Ashley could have a nap.
    When we got back to the party, mum started giving Ash cola when I wasn't looking. Bad idea for a 2 year old. However, he totally owned the dance floor!

ION
    The gift list for me and Robs wedding opened last week. We had put a really expensive, all singing, all dancing blender on it. The intention was to hide the item and then if anyone put money on our gift card we'd buy it with that.
    Anyway, I got an email saying that it had been bought by someone!
    My gran was a baker all her life and she taught me. Before we'd had chance to hide the blender, my uncle had gone and bought us it and left the message 'To carry on the family tradition' It was so sweet! Plus, it's the modern version of the one my gran used. Gonna have to start baking again

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I need to stop drinking when alone/semi-alone. I just get depressed... bleh.

Can't wait for next semester when I have important things to worry about, like school.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    A good friend invited me to test myself through his most impressive Whisky collection on Friday - we started with Lowland, went over to Speyside, Orkney, Jura and Islay, compared blends, then over to Ireland, Japan and Canada, and eventually the US, testing Bourbon and Rye. 31 brands, and I left out two others - because I already knew them, have them myself and because I've really had enough. Quite a journey. My best or most surprising new impressions were, as far as I recall :)

(Single Malt) Jura 10; Highland Park 15; Longmorn 16; Balwenie Doublewood 12. The latter three are excellent, the first is really nice.
    (Blend) Johnny Walker Blue Malt Blend - pretty good.
    (Ireland) Powers Gold - fresh, very nice.
    (Bourbon) John Dickel and Knob Creek - very nice.
    (Rye) Wild Turkey - very nice.

I'll buy Powers next, as an affordable addition to my collection, and Laphroaigh 10, mostly because Winter is definitely coming.

I was rather hung over the next morning, and my stomach reacted angrily at any suggestion to accept food, so I didn't press the matter. My brother then picked me up and I helped him move a bed-sofa he had bought on e-bay from the seventh floor through the stair house to his car, put it on the roof, fix it there, get it over to his place and get it back up in the fourth floor. I was dead after that. But before I dropped dead I noticed that my stomach was reconciled and I noticed that I was very hungry.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Dienst ist Dienst und Schnaps ist Schnaps :1eye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.