1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Well, looks like the sixth time was the charm, Endeavor succeeded in launching today. I didn't hear the boom this time, but I only hear it about half the time anyways, since I'm about as inland as one can get in Florida.

Edit: It was hit on the underside by debris on takeoff. Looks like there's going to be some EVAs to make sure it can get back to earth safely.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    My house is full of bugs! :mad:

I have no idea where they came from, as I always have the stupid net thing on when I open the windows. I just realised when they started flying around my kitchen that there was a swarm of them! Rather than spend a nice relaxing evening drinking tea, as was my original plan, I spent the next hours killing the stupid things instead. I got about twenty of them but there are still half a dozen flying around and I can't get rid of them! I am so mad! :flaming:

3. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ziad, take a paper plate, spray some adhesive on it or use some double-sided tape and put a small piece of sugary food on the plate. It will probably attract them and they will get stuck... my grandpa's home remedy for getting rid of annoying summr insects... :D

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Or a little pot of PVA glue with some suger syrup mixed in.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Pfft...glue.

Use insecticides - wonderfully poisonous insecticides! And lots of it! :bigeyes:

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Killing stupids things isn't relaxing to you? :confused:

Hmmm. Go figure. It usually works for me. ;)

7. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Liked to pull half the legs off of spiders when you were a kid, didn't you? Maybe owned a magnifying glass as well?:p

8. Kitrax

Media:
    Oh yeah!

My favorite bug killing memory involved a red ant hill and several ounces of black gun power I "borrowed" from my dad's gun cabinet. I put a little on top of the hill, planning on just lighting just a little....but the ants started taking it inside the hill. So I put a little more, and a little more until I barely had any left in my cup. They took it all inside the hill...so I dumped the rest of it on top, took a step back, lit a match, tossed it down....and WOOSH!!! Bye bye ant hill! Little curled up dead red ants were everywhere. It was a glorious day! :evil:

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

... :jawdrop: Kit, you are evil.

That being said, it sounds quite exciting too :evil:

10. Blades of Vanatar

My brother and I would blow up the bees hives or hornet's nests in our yard.

1 film container, filled with about 100 gun primers, a little flash powder and a little gun powder and a long fuse. Bwam! It just sucked when it was your turn to put the little explosive in the hive, especially when it was hornets. My pop used to have a nice gun collection, with alot of powder. We were always tapping into it to blow up stuff. Fun, fun!

11. Kitrax

Media:
    I was exciting! The bright flash, the smell of burnt gun powder, the sound of fiery death, the sight of my conquered foes!

Hmmm....that could very well be a great line for the next Amon Amarth album! I should sell it and make millions! :love:

Saber likes this.
  12. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Blades, Silvery - Thanks, that was a great suggestion! Wish I had thought of it yesterday. I spent most of the night killing them one by one instead and feel exhausted today :bad:
    On the bright side I did manage to get them except one, and I've quarantined it in the bathroom. There's going to be some fun to be had tonight :evil:

Kit - insecticides may or may not be efficient, but the major problem is that I didn't want my kitchen to be unusable for the next couple of days. It's the reason I avoid insecticides as much as possible.

T2 - :lol:

13. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had my tongue web pierced years ago and I still have the hole. I'm trying to decide whether or not to put the bar back in

14. Blades of Vanatar

May i ask why you would want that in your tongue, just out of Curiousity? I would think that's gotta be uncomfortable.:confused:

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Wow. Now I really wish that I had been there.

Heh, 'Gunpowder Down the Ant-Hills". You'd have to ensure the title track had a climatic ending, preferably with something like cannons.

16. Blades of Vanatar

This will be post # 253 for me! My post count has been rising quickly of late, it's real slow at work right now. Maybe i'll catch up to Tal this week!:)

17. Silvery

Media:
    Blades there are 'reasons' :lol:

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Kit would have fun in Starship Troopers universe...

Three days of doing basically nothing, gaming included. Yay for summer. :)

Geneforge is addictive.

19. Silvery

Media:
    Good Lord, what kind of parents did you people have??? Letting kids play with guns!

20. Blades of Vanatar

Who said they LET us play with them. My subterfuge and skulking skills were advanced at a very young age. Plus, dad left the key in a very easy hiding spot to find. He never took us hunting, so our curiousity was even greater to get into his cabinet and play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.