1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yeah Chicken, but Florida will never gather a big fan base because of this and will never compete year-in/year-out consistantly because of this. At some point, their farm-system will dry up and they will be up $hit$ creek w/out a paddle.

Disciple of The Watch likes this.
  2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Tal, if I don't check the remember me box when signing in and use the spellchecker or look at another post on some other page, I have several times lost my post and need to sign in again. I thought/think it was something I was causing myself so never said anything. Perhaps not?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...Harness Honey should be called 'Lower-Back's Bane.' I spent a good hour applying the goo all over my back seats; contorting my back in all sorts of awkward positions to get the goo on the leather instead of myself....3 hours later, I spent another hour buffing the excess off.

I need pain killers and a muscle relaxer.

4. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My morning job was way too interesting today. UF lost its entire library circulation system, and the system that monitored the circulation system, so the server admin were not aware that it had died catastrophically. After the hardware gets replaced, they have "only" 40TB of an 81TB drive system to restore.
    Whee fun. Glad I'm not part of that mess.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Teletubbies aren't allowed in our house! I really REALLY disagree with allowing your kids to speak like half wits. The 'uh-oh' comes from me and my sister as we're both really clumsy and say it constantly :lol:

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Perhaps Morgoth is trying to say that you talk like the Teletubbies? :p

Actually, it's been so long since I've seen them that I'm beginning to forget how they talk!

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Do you use more than one computer to post on SP? The "remember me" box is checked by default, so if you only use your own computer, just don't log out and it'll keep you logged in indefinitely.

It sounds like you have cookies disabled... that would account for logging in not "sticking". Depending on which browser you use, google for "enable cookies" and check if you've got them enabled, at least for sorcerers.net.

The error that Kitrax got is quite specific, it'll say something like "Error: Security token was missing or mismatched". In your case, it just sounds like your login doesn't stick.

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, you aren't as special as Kit :p

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    The Ctrl+Alt+Del commic needs to be updated daily...3 times a week is not enough! :nolike:

10. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

@Tal
    Thank you and I did uncheck in case bad memory struck and I left without a log out. Still I avoid the spell checker out of habit now. Right about the cookies too.

@Silvery
    I put a hex on your machine.....

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Am back at my parents house :cry: am missing Kev so much already. Am used to having someone to cuddle up to and talk to... even if he alway ssteals the covers and fidgets in his sleep it was actually comforting having the reminder someone who cared for me was there.

Also can't be bothered to clear my stuff off the bed yet :heh:

Will update blog with LARP tales tomorrow :)

12. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Wooo! Just came back from the dog trainer, and our dog is starting to learn the 'stay' and 'come' commands! :banana:

He already has the 'sit' aced! And he also gives his paw on command, which is kinda weird he learned before 'stay', but all good anyways! We're still having a lot of trouble with 'lie down', but one day, we'll get there... :)

13. Silvery

Media:
    I may go and kick someone from DHL up the bum.
    Rob abd I have been waiting for our wedding invites to arrive and we had them on order for 2 weeks. I went out of our side door (which we don't often use) to put some rubbish out and there was a huge cardboard box, draped in my tiny doormat, right outside the door. If I'd have put the rubbish out the night before, I would have stepped on it in the dark.
    It had been raining for 2 days so the box was soaked but luckily everything was wrapped in plastic inside. I'm annoyed because DHL (the delivery company) didn't bother putting a card or anything through the door to let us know that our stuff was here!

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Somebody bloody explain to me why it is wrong for me to ask for the money towards a laptop that I can get for myself? My mother linked to a laptop that cost over £1,200 to get an idea of how much what I wanted was going to cost. I gave her detailed specs of a laptop £400 cheaper and she says to me "That's less than I thought, but I can't gaurantee it's what I will get for you"

I seriously just don't get it!

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Control peeps. It's unfortunately all about control.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    8people,
    £800 is a lot of money.

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I do know that :rolleyes: which is why I'm wanting to pay for it myself. I don't like other people getting me things at all and my mother knows this already.

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Well, I can lend you the money... with 200% interests... :evil:

I'm sending you positive vibes anyways... :)

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    8people,
    can't you do with a netbook? They're cute and girly :holy:

Oh, and cheap.

20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Most men I know are more girly than I am!

Netbooks are abysmal for gaming on and I would rather have something I could actually work on properly than some silly little toy. It's the only computer I'm going to have at uni and I need something that will be useful to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.