1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have to say, I find a planetfull (or moonfull, if you prefer) of Ewoks about as annoying as one single Jar-Jar.

Of course, that means INCREDIBLY annoying! :mad:

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yub yub

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Nah, the Ewoks were fine for me, although I sincerely doubt the reality of them being able to build those catapults in like... 4 hours. Wookies, I could understand (seeing as that is what the Ewoks were intended to be but had to be cut due to budget/time constraints). And they may be annoying, but not NEARLY as annoying as Jar-Jar Binks. At least they didn't speak like a 3 year old with an oversized tongue.

RotJ is still my favorite for the three simultaneous epic battles going on at the end.

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Blades - I completely agree with you on the old trilogy, and utterly disagree with you on the new one :p

Phantom was bad, but Clones was so much worse. Bear in mind I was never a great fan of Star Wars, the only reason I thought I was at one time is because of Empire Strikes Back. But Clones was so badly written, so badly acted, so badly directed... even the much-hyped CG effects were mostly unimpressive and downright awful in parts. And who thought that turning that action scene in the factory into a stupid platform video game was a good idea? There were signs of bad writing all over the old trilogy, but Clones conclusively proved that Lucas just cannot write, not good stories and most certainly not good dialogue. It's up there as one of the worst movies I have seen (good contender for #1 too). It was so bad I never bothered seeing #3 (I know, it can't be worse, but... what if it is?)

5. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ziad - Clones mostly left the whole Jar-Jar Binks behind, which I hated and got into more action. But your right, the story was very weak and the acting and special effects were pretty bad. The actor who played Skywalker was terrible. The 3rd moive, Revenge of the Sith was just more of Clones all over again, I just thought they were both better than Phantom Menace. But overall, the newer movies were all a big disappointment.:(

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I like Chinese.
    I like Chinese.
    They only come up to your knees,
    Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    BOB: Did you hear what Howard wants? Moo goo gai pan.

JERRY: That's what I want, too. Dr. Jerry Robinson wants moo goo gain pan.

BOB: And more moo goo goo goo...

JERRY: Did you hear what you just said? You said moo goo goo goo. You said moo goo goo goo.

HOWARD: You said moo goo goo goo.

BOB: Maybe I'm ordering Chinese baby food.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

WTF

ION, meh.

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I know this is going to sound really stupid, but what does "ION" stand for?

10. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Oh if you think that 2 and 3 were better (or less-bad ;)) because they featured less Jar-Jar, then I completely understand. The sheer annoyance of that... thing was just incredible. It's yet another one of these "what the hell were you thinking, Lucas?!" moments. I remember when I first saw the movie (in cinema) some people actually laughed when Jar-Jar first appears, probably thinking he was a regular comic relief sidekick. Half an hour later these same people were groaning. Me, I just hid my face in my hands and prayed for it to be over soon :lol:

ION = In Other News.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Thanks Ziad!

12. Splunge

Media:
    I also like Bob Newhart. :)

13. Blades of Vanatar

My grandfather used to refer to Bob Newhart as Captain Bore and Snore...:p

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I been drinky winking!!!

15. Blades of Vanatar

Care to elaborate?

16. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I is a bit drunk

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wait, isn't it like 11 am in the UK right now?

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] MAD Magazine had a pretty good suggestion for Star Wars Episode 2 back in '99. Unfortunately George Lucas didn't take the hint.

(The picture is pretty big, so putting it in Spoiler tags.)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  19. Blades of Vanatar

Oh, that's dissappointing, I was thinking of something else...:p

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Other direction Saber. It's later in Europe than in the US.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.