1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We have an xbox now. What with the Playstation, WII, NTL box, surround sound centre and the TV, the TV stand is starting to wobble!

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I remember that during the Win98 installation one of those screens (some time after the unforgettable "Windows just got better!") was specifically about how "Windows is now more secure than ever!" :lol:

I've not bought anything from GOG yet (mainly because I already have all the game they sell that I'm interested in) but apparently the games are modified to run well on XP/Vista, and even if you run into problems their customer support is apparently quite good.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Are you kidding? SP has been affiliated with GoG for a year - there's a button for GoG on top of every page and we regularly post news about GoG releases. How could you NOT know about it? :hmm:

5. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Hey!!

That was my lunch!!

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The clock in the kitchen died at 4:20 this afternoon. :shake:

ION, I've got four quadruple packs of Cherry Bombs I'm dying to use. Someone is in for a rude awakening... :evil:

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

When I was over in the States last year, I got this lovely hand carved wooden flute for someone's birthday. And now the person's birthday has finally come around and I can't find the bloody thing anywhere!

:flaming::help::bang:

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, after installing a newer driver from the manufacturer the BSOD stopped, but it still crashes randomly for no apparent reason. I'm just, so freakin' pissed ! Are you telling me I basically spend near 300$ for nothing?!

And why did you meant by "the horror"? Surely an 9400 is better than the old 6600 I used to have ?

Edit: I tell you, fate's against me. I've had enough computer problems to last a lifetime for @($#@$'s sake! Why does nothing ever work with me?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So. Apparently most of the old games I want to run NEED Windows 95/98, and DOSBox can't boot 95 or 98, and none of the VMs I have been trying have worked.

Le suck.

10. Ziad

Media:
    Are you using the card manufacturer's drivers, or Nvidia's reference drivers? It's worth trying the latter if you haven't.

You can install Win95 on top of DOSBox, though unless you have a monster machine performance will be sub-par. Also, DOSBox can only handle 31 Mb of RAM (unless they've increased this in v0.73) so any game you run through Windows will have severe performance issues even if it's not CPU intensive (running Win9x on less than 128 Mb of RAM is... not recommended, to say the least).

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Talking with one of my Somali friends... We decided that he'd go over to be a pirate, I'd pose as a hostage and split booty 50-50. His idea was to stash me in the capital to keep me safe from snipers, but I told him I wanted to roll with the rich boys in Djibouti. The response:

"No, no, no, not a safe place to have a captive... they have a government!!!"

Still laughing.

12. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Chaos Gate was a cool game. After much struggling, I did manage to get it to work on XP. Unfortunately, it didn't work particularly well and was prone to random crashes, especially on the early missions with many cultists. :(

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Finally we're Friday, it's my seventh day of work, about time!

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i just did somethign quite manly

this was breakfast time

i roasted bacon while drinking a beer only wearing boxers and slippers

15. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Roasting bacon nude with a propane torch is manly -- boxers? stove? frying pan? BAH!

16. Ziad

Media:
    Somehow the image of you nude roasting bacon with a propane torch... :outta:

Yay for Friday!

17. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm so sexy, I'm able to roast bacon just by putting it on my body. Because yes, I'm that hot!

:p

18. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Which reminds me of a dish they serve here in Chicago -- a hot dog is wrapped in bacon and then deep fried at ~375°F. It's served with chili and cheese on a toasted bun.

Mrs. Bruno said it was great, but I wouldn't recommend you try it Splunge.

19. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Why do colds exist? My girlfriend gave me a cold just before my week-long business trip, and I still have it a week later... and it's smack in the middle of summer... :sosad:

WWWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY?????

20. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Could be swine flu

ChickenIsGood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.