1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #108

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    And you're complaining? It takes me half an hour to wake up, and that's with my alarm going off at 8am... I wish I could wake up so effortlessly!

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yay-ness! I have all new brake pads/shoes, new rotors, and freshly turned drums on my car...so I can stop my car now without a gut-wrenching grinding sound... :bigeyes:

Now all my car needs is an alignment and an exorcist to get the nasty cigarette stink out of the upholstery... :bad:

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I started playing WoW...
    ...Oh god. I've crossed the gap into MMORPGer :(

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Kit, try sprinkling baking soda over the upholstery. Leave it over night and then vacuum it the next day

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    It's the summer break - waking up is easier when there's no need for it. :p

Besides, I've been sleeping at such odd times this week, that a normal night was statistically unavoidable.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I think that recently I've spent more time on console gaming than on the computer. Have faith- we can both make it back into the light!

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've only been playing free MMOs lately, mostly Perfect World, tried Atlantica Online and want to try Requiem: Bloodymare (A horror MMO!)

I like the fact yesterday on PWI I killed a wolf for a quest and picked up the items it dropped. Some other newb shouted at me to STOP and when I ignored her proceeded to call me a 'ho' and follow me around for a while :shake: She was killing the same wolves at the time, she was about to attack the one I was fighting I guess. I would still have got the points, kills go to the first blood hit to prevent kill stealing. It's even funnier when you get some self righteous player have a go about kill stealers when they don't get the recognition for something they attacked... pretty clearly showing they weren't the first there.

8. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

It's incredibly annoying to wake up 7AM every damn morning because of the drilling they are doing outside, and it has been going on for a month now! I don't expect it to end anytime soon either.

9. Ziad

Media:
    That is so true it's not even funny! :shake:

You're on break! Forget about statistics and enjoy your summer instead! :p

Ugh. You have my sympathies. Being woken up by loud noise is no fun.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

*Waves bye to Magister*

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I should introduce you to my alarm clock some time >.> :(

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Drowning Pool - Bodies makes a great alarm. You have about ten seconds waking up to the whispered beginning to go "OH GOD IT'S GOING TO SCREAM AT ME" :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  13. Ziad

Media:
    I'm sure you'll understand if I decline your kind offer :p

Alarm clocks are annoying but at least you can turn them off (I've got so good at this that mine doesn't even have time to do a full ring before I press Snooze). Drilling and neighbours' kids and things like this are another matter entirely.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They still make cars with disks in the front and drums in the back? I've never had one of those :)

15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Who needs alarm clocks, just get a 2 year old living in your house and voila! Your an instant early riser! The bad part is you have get up early on the weekends, holidays, etc....

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    They did back in 1997. :p

Speaking of cars, I bought another new car today! :banana:
    I'm sporting a 2003 Honda Accord EX now. I talked the moron salesman in to giving me an all new leather interior because I didn't like how worn it was, and a new center console because it didn't fully latch quite right. :D With the way the economy is, I was thinking of asking for his first-born...but then I remembered that I hate kids. :evil:

The only problem is, now we have 4 cars in a 1 car garage/driveway. The Jetta goes to the dealer as a trade-in on Friday and I'm selling the Civic as of 5 minutes ago....

Anyone need a new car? :hmm:

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ugh, playing older games that rock (SimTower, Sim Copter, etc) sucks because compatibility mode on my XP computer isn't working with them, and it is incredibly difficult to get them to work on 64 bit Vista - I have to install Windows 3.1 via MSDOS, which I don't know how to use (and the tutorials are confusing)...

I need a computer with Windows 98.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

What a [expletive] frustrating day at work. Anger and black coffee feeding me.

19. Ziad

Media:
    No thanks! An alarm clock I can drop (I never did it on prupose, honest!) but I'd rather not do that with a 2 year old... especially not my 2 year old!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The following is my personal fav. Represents the start of a common day -- black coffee and anger.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.