1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yet again, I got nothing done today in the way of my film stuff... lovely.

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Billy Mayes died... boooo!

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It's Monday afternoon and once again I find myself without a graphics card. :(

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Couldn't sleep last night. I've got bags under my eyes you could hide a grand piano in

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Blagh, haven't slept for the past four nights now. Can't wait to be back with the boyfriend and get a decent rest, I always sleep so badly on my own and just gets worse the longer we're apart.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Awwww....how precious! :love:

Truth be told, I sleep better when I'm next to Jessica. However, when I got back from my week in CA, I was laying in bed wide awake thinking, "Damn, I don't remember her snoring being so loud..." After plugging her nose and causing her to roll over, the problem solved itself and I fell asleep soon after. :evil: :p

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I feel lonely after reading that :(

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

+1.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Survived my first car crash :D

Better luck next time universe :lol:

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You want to sleep with 8peeps' boyfriend?

:p

(P.S. - I'm not picking on you on purpose, Mags. I just have a lot of pent-up smart-assed-ness that I need to get out of my system. :D )

11. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] He's only into chicks I'm afraid anyway :D

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A co-worker of mine came in to show me his waxed nuts....

...fortunately they were steel hexnuts with a wax coating. I was about to bolt (:)).

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just had to call the police because a drunk guy had fallen over in the street. By the time they arrived, after only one hour :grr: he had sobered enough to be staggering (slowly and unsteadily) homewards. They still insisted on seeing him home, though. Probably a very good idea.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

My X2's motherboard has passed the gun to the left. If I wasn't so giddy about upgrading to a Phenom, I'd almost be sad.

So in the meanwhile I'm stuck with a crappy ol' 900MHz P3 who wanted nothing to do with Internet unless plugged to a router. I tried regular and crossover RJ45, nothing worked. Then I plug a stupid regular cable into a router, which I plug in the F'N modem, lo and behold, it works.

Stupid piece of crap. You'll meet an untimely and very brutal death when the Phenom arrives...

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    My suggestion is either use a hammer, or burn it.

16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Decoherence killed Schrödinger's cat. :p

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Grrr....

After wasting a lot of time installing Windows 7, Virtual PC, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 on my student HDD for my Data & Network Communications class at home the other night, I found out today that the computers we have at school can't handle Win7...so I'm having to start all over, but with XP. :bang:

In other news, I get to wake up early tomorrow to get started on a never-ending list of chores. :bad: Anyone interested in some thankless busywork?

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Why are you using both 2003 and 2008? And why Window servers? Everyone knows that Linux is the more stable OS for running a server.

19. Kitrax

Media:
    I have no clue...it's for class, and I just did what I was told. Our instructor has some pretty odd labs planned for us.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Another worthless generalization. Ever heard of BSD? Updates don't even need a freaking reboot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.