1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Thanks.

I am alarmed by how many of my school year are now pregnant or mothers already. Considering I'm one of the eldest in my year, we had four mothers before we even finished A levels (18 yrs) and I have lost count of how many are parents(-to-be) at the age of twenty!

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

8, what is the sex-ed like in your area? I have noticed (mostly from anecdotal evidence) that in areas where they teach abstinence only sex-ed, there are a lot more pregnant teenagers and young adults than in areas that have a wider based sex-ed.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Saber, here, it was "tell it like it is". Bored the hell out of me... oddly, my best creative inspiration moments were during those years... some people just can't appreciate art... or more specifically, my kind of art. :evil:

Shift of doom tomorrow. And then another shift of doom Thursday. BAH! My supplies are running low, too... too few cigars and absinth left to my liking.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    She's from Britain. It's different there. AFAIK they do have tell it like it is sex-ed, and have the highest teenage pregnancy rates in Europe nonetheless.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    We have great sex-ed. Unfortunatly, we have a lot of kids here that think that they know better, they're the first people to fall in love, nobody understands and they're all modern day Romeo and Juliets! :lol:

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    :lol:

Yeah, that's pretty accurate.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I hated Romeo and Juliet :rolleyes:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The sex ed is generally good around here, problem seems to be they teach it too late. Add in the factor I went to an all girls school, as soon as they got any male attention they'd be all over the poor guy :rolleyes: the boys school was just as bad though!

Also many parents neglect to talk to their children it seems. They rely on what the school tells their children to be enough. Whereas when I was seven I came home to a pile of books on my bed :lol:

Also lessons are hard to take seriously when you get a questionaire to fill in as the lesson goes on and one of the questions is "How fast does sperm travel?" my friend wrote down 60mph and proceeded to make racecar noises for the rest of the lesson.

9. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    A few of my friends are mothers too, but they seem okay with it. And their babies are really cute!

Numerous people in my high school have had to drop out due to teen pregnancy, though. It's worrying to think about.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    When thinking of British sex-ed, I'm thinking of the boarding school sex-ed scene from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

No wonder it's easily considered as 'good' :shake:

11. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i'm 1,88 and about 92 i think, i was pushing for the big 0,1 ton when i was weight lifting 2 years ago, sadly i only got to 99,5 on the gym weight.

ION: i just got a B+ on my final and physics exam, so i will be studying IT engineering after the summer, go me!

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hmh, I'm 178 and 74. I guess I should be eating more...but I couldn't be bothered. Too lazy to get into a regular workout routine, so every kg of extra weight'd be mainly adipose tissue.

13. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I'm me size and me weight...I don't keep track lol.

I have a few friends who have kids at the age of 20...I had 1 friend who was going to get married at 16 (he was engaged) but that fell through when we finally made him realise what a bovine the girl was :p we were good friends honest. Another of my friends got engaged while he was under treatment for testicular cancer, they got married not long after he was deemed cured and have 1 child and another on the way...he wasn't supposed to be able to have kids when they concieved the first one :D

To be honest most of my friends who are young parents seem to do ok, and all of them have made the choice to settle down at that age rather than continue education (for better or worse)...unfortunately there are a lot of boys and girls in Britain who have not done so well with young parenthood, but I don't know any of them :p

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I had Ashley when I was 23

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well ain't that great. Was supposed to get the [expletive] day off, but whatddya know, who's the poor SOB who's scheduled to do tonight? ME, OF [EXPLETIVE] COURSE!

Not only do my plans for the evening go down in a blaze of glory, but this perticular [expletive] happens to be stinking ol Quebec's precious St-Jean-Baptiste which means half of the [expletive] province will rush to get some cat piss diluted in a month-old sock fermented under a radiator for a month piss they call "beer". Well, I got only one thing to say -- [Expletive] this [expletive] [expletive] Quebec and [expletive] St-Jean! And [expletive] to the resident of this stinking hole who happen to be proud of a giant piece of [expletive]! I didn't [expletive] ask to be here, I don't [expletive] WANT to be here, and I sure as hell ain't [expletive] proud of this [expletive]!

martaug likes this.
  16. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    @DoTW Have you ever considered a life in politics? You give very rousing and persuasive speeches, the kind that could lead a nation to glory! :p

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    DoTW, the new statesman... :D

18. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] If the filters on the boards replaced swearing with random words instead of asterisks there could be some pretty amusing posts around here :D

I need to stop planning armies to buy and paint when I want to paint but can't :mommy: otherwise I'm going to be down a small fortune and am already seriously in debt!

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    @Dave the Magic Turtle:
    Uh-huh ;)

8people:
    Brilliant! I'll make a proof of concept straight away :)

---------- Added 0 hours, 22 minutes and 5 seconds later... ----------

First result:
    Second result:
    Used code:
    Code:
    (defun read-list ()
      (with-open-file (in #p"/home/kevin/Code/contest/euler/euler-words.txt")
        (mapcar #'(lambda (word)
    		(subseq word 1 (1- (length word))))
    	    (cl-ppcre:split "," (read-line in)))))

(defun replace-expletives (string &optional (words (read-list)))
      (reduce #'(lambda (x y)
    	      (concatenate 'string x y))
    	  (mapcar #'(lambda (word)
    		      (if (string-equal "[expletive]" word)
    			  (get-random-word words)
    			  word))
    		  (cl-ppcre:split (cl-ppcre:create-scanner "(\\[EXPLETIVE\\])" :case-insensitive-mode t) string :with-registers-p t))))

(defun get-random-word (words)
      (elt words (random (length words)))

:D

Montresor and 8people like this.
  20. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I love you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.