1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Found this site & thought it was pretty cool how much is your site worth

It has sorcerers place worth $372,984.00
    Another site i visit, The Volokh conspiracy, is worth $1,010,950.00 according to them.
    Kinda cool, just type in the website name & voila!, instant value.

**edit**
    Wikipedia - $693,562,431.00 !!!:jawdrop:

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

More Road Beers on the way home. Well deserved after the shift from hell I got tonight.

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Did you look at Google? :shake:

4. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yep they were like $1.8 Billion & yahoo was like $1.4 Billion

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    And I was like 'no way' and she was like 'yeah!' and I was like 'shut up' and then that guy came over and he was just like 'Dude!'

Splunge likes this.
  6. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    :banana: No more Evil Exam of Doom! :banana:
    Passed it! Passed it! Passed it!
    Got an 8, too :p (on a 1-5 scale, it's a 3, but :D )

Also, the research I was a part of on Organic Chemistry institute got published :D - there's my name on a poster on the wall of the institute! As a junior researcher, in tiny, tiny print :p but it feels like the Nobel prize! :D

A grand day :)

/me emits rays of pure joy

Passed it!

Time for :book::smash:

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Congrats on your exam, Lore! :banana: :thumb:

ION, I just went to the hairdresser. I must have lost something like five kilos (OK, maybe a bit less than that... ;)) but I have to file a complaint - they keep dying more of my hair grey each time I go there! :nolike: :geezer:

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    ...It's killing me not making an old age/benefit of youth joke, just so you know :D

9. Loreseeker

Media:
    Thank you, Montresor. :)

Heh, I got carried away with smilies last post.

ION - just few more hours to ice cream time.

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Patch 3.1.0 for WoW! My paladin will be even greater now.

ION, what really grinds my gears is the ever continuing "Games are art" thingy. No they're not. They're a lifestyle and a hobby. Some of them are artful, yeah, but so are many things.
    So stop saying that internet and crazy developpers. That is all.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm so selling out to the first person to offer me that...

That's great news, congrats! ;)

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm done with school! Well, there's still the matter of the evil exams of doom, but I'm still finished with the classes! Small woot. I think I deserve an alcoholic drink; to the liquor store!

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    :bang: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :bang:
    Spent ALL of today trying to figure out what was wrong with my laptop. All my programs were starting to misbehave in strange and stranger ways. Then I find out my antivirus is only pretending to work but in fact is doing nothing. Suspicious, I think to myself! So I take it off (that took some work...), reinstall it, run a scan... and find out that I have 133 instances of W/32Sality.L infecting most of my system.
    :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:
    Seems to be alright now... had to reinstall all infected programs. I hope it's gone for good!

Congratulations Lore! :banana:
    May your days be empty of Evil Exams from now on!

14. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Lore: What was the paper about?

15. Loreseeker

Media:
    Thank you, all. :)

T2: It's a synthesis project. Basically, using RCM (Ring closing metathesis) to close additional rings in beta carboline derivatives, or more precisely, to get a basic molecule skeleton rather similar to this alkaloid (yohimbine):
    [​IMG]

from tryptamine, but to keep the new rings "functionalised" (easily alterable by further manipulations) which is achieved by keeping groups like enons, halogens, or double bonds present.
    Such compounds have been synthesized before, using different techniques. The goal of the paper was to check how useful RCM would be in getting such molecules.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oh shi...!

/ducks

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Only $372,984??? That doesn't sound right. :hmm:

In other news, I was cut off from the net for a few days because the morons down the road dug up some cables. 1.5 days with the interweb just sucked! :grr:

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's what happens when they mess around with that series of tubes...

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Ouch. I live in fear of that happening to me :(

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting Lore. I was looking into using a Grubb's catalyst for a self-healing adhesive, but found the system to be too expensive for my application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.