1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #107

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...we went from a nice week in the 70's to a weekend in the mid 30's with rain/snow.

I got to wear shorts for the first time since last fall, and I came to two realizations: I need to lose 10lbs so my shorts will fit comfortably, and my legs are almost as white as my socks! :eek:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Are we all going to die of Swine Flu?

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Don't worry Harb, the real problem is the 'flu you get from bottled water: Evian 'flu :lol:

Saber likes this.
  4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hahaha, nice. lolvoodoo.

5. Kitrax

Media:
    If you're a pig farmer in or around the affected area, then yeah...if you're part of the 99.99999% of the world's population who aren't pig farmers in the affected area, then no. :p

I wonder if they're going to start slaughtering pigs by the thousands like they do with Hoof and Mouth. All that pork...just wasted. :(

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, first day of my new job done! It ain't so bad working for a provincial ministry, the pay is good, there's air conditioner, great people. I'll still be spending my days answering phone call regarding tourism, as I work for the ministry of tourism.

Unfortunately I've got two evil exams of doom left. Meh! I'm going to skip two afternoon of work for them, but it's not like I have any choice anyway.

7. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Some folks with swine flu are here in Chch and they're nice and quarantined.

There are a few students and lecturers involved in this number - so there's a chance I might be dead soon! How exciting!

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    We made tablets last night at Uni - and got to keep some (also we crushed, dissolved and pulverised some - but that was to be expected :p )

Flix: Good luck with evil exams of doom.

DM:
    a) Nah, boredom is a universal law
    b) Death does not exempt one from RP - :p

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have something stuck in my throat.

HAAAAAAAAAACK
    HRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK

...Me clearing my throat. :D

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...as opposed to 'stuck in your throat'?

At least you got whatever it was through.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I wouldn't eat snakes, they're gorgeous creatures. Truly beautiful.

I'd heard garter snakes were the only snake poisonous for humans to eat, it saddens me that it is wrong :( I like to remain factual.

Am currently getting coursework done while my boyfriend is playing Simon the Sorcerer 3D :) it actually works on his laptop with Vista on it! It won't work on my XP desktop though, bah.

Sal is still not happy with me though, he's been going out of his way to make me feel guilty and it's horrible :(

12. Kitrax

Media:
    So...why would someone want to go to Quebec? :hmm:

That's a serious question, BTW...

In other news, I decided that I'd had enough of one of my failing HDDs that just happened to be part of my RAID 0 array. It would die about once every 2 weeks or so, and while I never lost any data, I had to wait though a CHKDSK after each incident...so I ripped it out and made a new RAID 0 array with my Windows 7 HDD...so I hope no one wants anymore Win7 pictures... :bad: Formatting is taking forever too, I should have selected the "Quick" format.

The sad thing is, I'm on my laptop and my BB right now, and the BB loads the BoM *faster* than the laptop! :bang: I wish there was a way to hook my BB up to 22" monitor. :bigeyes:

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Interesting observation I made today about fair haired bald men - when they walk towards you and look at the ground - from a distance it looks as if they don't have a face. Weird.

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The most obvious answer would be the 'history' of the town. Translated: Unless you're interested in seeing a bunch of old, decrepit buildings that are boring as hell, don't bother. Don't mind the smell -- there's also an alarmingly high concentration of A-holes up there.

It's called tethering, you idiot. If you do that prepared to be raped with data charges.

15. shadowvamp3524 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I bought that Temple of Elemental Evil PC game and the game installs no prob. It's just that the sceen goes to a black screen and then back to the computer's main screen. So I asked a buddy at work and he says it might be the graphics card. So I need to find 1 that works for my lil bro's AMD Athalon processor so I can finall play it. I've been dieing to play that game since I was in highschool.

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    ToEE is not a very demanding game graphically. The Athalon's performance should easily suffice. Back then I played ToEE on an AMD K7 with 650 MHz, 720+ MB RAM and a Geforce-3-Ti-500. That is to say, your problem is not about hardware.

To me it sounds like something driver/ copy protection/ settings related.

17. Kitrax

Media:
    No s***?!?!? Gee? how did I not think of that...even though my wife works as a tech for Verizon? :hmm: I must be the biggest f***ing idiot EVER!

/end sarcasm :rolleyes:

I was referring to hooking up a monitor *directly* to a BB. I know what tethering is, I know how much it costs, and I know I'm not paying that much. My DSL speed is faster than any current 3G speed...the problem is my ancient laptop. BB's browser can't handle everything on the net, but it loads pages faster...

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Indeed, you are...

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ladies, put the hand bags down and back away.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I started learning Java today :borg:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.