1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Now that sounds like something I wish I was involved in.

2. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh - the lizards are real - the stairway to my faculty building is filled with them spring to autumn.

As for the clockwork villain and all - 'twas an RP morning - though I still haven't introduced the villain's creations in play - hopefully next time. :)

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Sweet! I wish my work was crawling with reptiles! :bigeyes:

I want a snake in my bay...that would make work much more bearable. :love:

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Tell us more of the lizards and clockwork villain!

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

You're posting from an airplane? I didn't know they had interwebz up there! Cool!

;)

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    We used to get cats in my old faculty. They'd invade all the labs, so you'd be working and have a cat strolling between your feet. Dangerous if you're running around with toxic chemicals and happen to trip on one taking a nap in the middle of the place :D

7. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

what? why do you let all these animals into your schools?

not closing the doors, leaving food around for them?

8. Lothandyr Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

P K Dick

Not babble...

get style.. it's 'gubble'. Martian time slip..'64

gubblegubgubble gubble.

Look long enough into the abyss, and it looks back.

9. Ofelix

Media:
    My stomach hurts, I've ate too much eggs. But it was gooood :lol:

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hah, thought I dodged the water damage bullet, but the celebration is premature. The microphone, earpiece and speaker are all dead and buried. The phone works perfectly, but it's been reduced to a freaking pager utility since I can't place/answer a damn call, and I can't take my voicemail either.

So I phoned MiKE CS earlier this week... they offered me a i570 for $75. It originally was supposed to be a refurb, but the lady I talked to today said it's NOT a refurb but a brand new one. This is a phone that's worth $280, and seeing that I'm a MTM customer, it's pretty sweet from Telus to bend over and offer me $205 off a phone.

That being said, last shift this evening. I've a feeling it's gonna be a long one.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Oh they were smart. There was no food anywhere in the building and we used to check that the doors were closed. Didn't stop them finding ways in though. There were lots of rats in the animal lab, which may have been a greater attraction than anything else, but I don't think they ever managed to make it into that room.

12. Saber

Oye, I need to stop eating so much. Last two days = 12K calories...

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The light at the end of the tunnel is in site... Amazing how much the babbling picks up.

14. Saber

There's a website that shows the light at the end of the tunnel? Isn't that, ya know, Death's job? :skeptic:

15. Ofelix

Media:
    I just thought of something... is pi (3.1416 the most common value) is odd or even numbered? 'Cause you know 3.1416

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Odd Ofelix.

17. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

and i would presume it is odd because of the 3 in the start right?

18. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well, just 'cause the first five digits end in a 6, it doesn't mean that pi is even- 3.1416 is an approximation, not the full value of pi.

Regardless, the question is a bit like asking whether a duck would be a rational or an irrational number. It just doesn't really work. This is simply because a number can only be odd or even if it is an integer. Oddness and evenness are properties only given to whole numbers, so fractions and irrational numbers (like pi) are neither odd nor even.

Still, brought a smile to my face.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    If you round down to the nearest tenth, pi = 3...which is odd. Problem solved! :p

In other news, I did something really stupid tonight. I called in sick to go to two seprate s***y dive bars with the wife, and I ended up getting drunk off my ass. It still hasn't quite worn off uet, but my face isn't numb anymore.

I told my boss I was out of state with a flat tire...and she believed it because she is dumb. :shake:

20. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I found out tonight that I am a natural when it comes to drinking games. I only drink about once a month, but I nail anything my first time at it, whatever it is, I'm solid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.