1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm an uncle x6, and when my sister still lived in Utah, I spoiled my neices with loads of candy...which is probably why I'm their favorite uncle! :evil: I don't spoil my brother's 2 boys...mainly because they live about 600 miles away, and have no idea who I am.

The few times I had to babysit my neices, I'd bring two 1lb bags of Starbursts, and I'd tell them if they stayed in the basement and played quietly so I could watch TV, I'd give them each a handfull of candy ever hour or so. Worked like a charm! :D

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I was born an uncle. My stepsisters both have kids older than I am. Freaking weird.

At the present time I am an uncle x 18 or so, not counting great nieces and nephews.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Three more reviews added to the cigar lounge. More to come... probably tonight.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    People are lazy, put up links... promoting social groups in signatures is a good idea too. They're not very visible at the moment unfortunately.

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Got the moulds done for my jaw splint today. Took ages because I kept gagging. On the plus side, the splint should be with me in 2 weeks so hopefully it won't be long before I can sleep without my jaw going into spasm...really looking forward to a full nights sleep!

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

RL has me upside down and inside out. I feel like Minsc.
    Not that I don't love you guys but lately there is no TIME.
    I'll be back, sometime or other! :p

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

:( Don't be gone too long revmaf!

8. Kitrax

Media:
    I've just finished cleaning the house...and now to make it all messy once again! :D

In other news, I think I'm going to fail my Written Analysis class...mainly because I've been too lazy to do my homework. :bad: Oh well.

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

lucky me was just cooking and nearly cut into my finger, but my nail of deflection did it's job and voila! thumb is good

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm trying to make my room look bigger... it's not working :spin:

Damned uni accomidation!

11. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Install mirrors. Large mirrors. Preferably at least a few facing each other.

It'll look like your room stretches to infinity!

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The smell of weekend if near I tell y'all! Merely an hour before I'm free! Well, free to do readings, write papers, and study the whole damn weekend, meh.

Why can't I build a time machine to stop time? That'd be awesome.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If it works can I borrow it? :wave:

14. Ofelix

Media:
    sure why not?, Though I need to find a flux capacitor and a way to generate 2.2 gigawats of electrical power, that won't be easy. :lol:

Montresor likes this.
  15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Just do all your homework on Friday and Saturday and make sure you have nothing more to do, and Sunday will feel like forever!

Otherwise you'll have to switch to study physics and temporal engineering. :p

Not to mention the problem of finding a DeLorean in good condition at an affordable price! :D

16. Ofelix

Media:
    I think any car would do, it only needs to go to 88 mp/h, which about every car can do anyway. The core of the time machine is the flux capacitor after all not the DeLorean. :p

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Nah, that never works - it's actually a pretty good way to accelerate time so that Sunday is gone long before it starts... :p Not to mention you'd feel the dread of approaching Monday all Sunday afternoon...

A great motivation for time stopping devices though.

I think I'll be switching back to sleeping in the afternoons and staying awake throughout the night - serves me right for having both work and fun on the same, shared machine.

Random observation: Ball-point pen ink is tear-proof.
    Random observation 2: Rand and Dale's Pharmacology is one of the best textbooks I've ever had.

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Nah, you still need the DeLorean...without that classic 80's icon, you just can't make a time machine... :p

Random knowledge:
    Did you know that the "flux capacitor" is just a simple electronic circuit used in a Y-load 3-phase circuit....which is just a way to simplify a circuit. (scroll down to see all the sucky math that goes along with it.)

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Come to think of it, you *could* use a steam locomotive but that's just *so* 1885. :D

20. Ofelix

Media:
    yeah but that locomotive could fly, that's something no ordinary steam train can do!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.