1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Condolences, Kit. :aww:

Went to the Metallica gig at the O2 last night - enjoyed it, but some of the new stuff off Death Magnetic didn't hold up as well live as I expected. Nevermind, the stone-cold classics like Master of Puppets and Sad but True rocked, and Seek and Destroy was superb. Just a shame London Transport decided they were going to shut the bloody Jubilee line! Are there four more depressing words in the English language than "Rail Replacement Bus Service"? :grr:

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Sorry to hear that Kit. :(

In other news I have started playing EVE Online. It's an addictive game I'll give it that.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone. :)

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Condolences Kit, I kind know what it feels like to lose a cat. I lost about 4 so far. My last one disappeared and his body was found a month later at the local graveyard.

I only wish I would have just looked there instead of everywhere else.

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I want to be a sailor in the south pacific, I just need to. Perhaps then I'd find a safe harbor to bide my time through troubled waters.

Aw heck with it, what with all the fishing I do, I just need to park my junk somewhere.

@Kit: Sorry to hear about your cat Kit. Pets are like family members, especially when they've been around since you were a kid. Condolences.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Can I move to Italy, change my name and practice the law as Avvocato Doppio Ristretto?

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What if a child is born in international waters, what is his nationality? Is he international? Imagine having the right to vote in every election on the planet! That's be weird, and needlessly long and pointless. But, still can I be naive for one day and hope for a world citizenship before I die? Probably not, but a Flix can dream! Y'know, a world where the UN isn't a joke and has real power and where there's no permanent council, aka " the strong nations who tells the other what to do " or any country that has a veto in the votes, aka " not real democracy " ?

A world where religious beliefs aren't important in politics
    A world where the planet and people are put first
    A world where borders are meaningless
    A world where equity and human rights are respected
    A world where economics agendas aren't the priority
    A world where universal health and social care is provided to all

In short; A world that ain't gonna happen, Still I'm an idealist cynics. I dream, but I know there's no way in hell it's going to happen.

This world is mean, bleak, and unfair mess of a society -- No matter what, there's going to be a bastard or an idiot or an evil dude who is going to ruin everything for a lot of people just so they can and that makes them happy, or at least not horribly bad about themselves.

Maybe humanity can only construct such a world, maybe there's no hope. Or maybe this is just the beginning of something that might one day not suck

I'm not unhappy though at best I'm content. I do wonder if one day I'll be " happy ", and I've got the feeling many more other feels as I do. People go on about their life, without truly asking themselves if this what they wanted. They just live. Since, being content while it isn't exhilarating nor fabulous, at the very least it isn't miserable.

I'm cynical, remember? :p

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So...are you trying to say you're cynical?

9. Ofelix

Media:
    Nah, that's be pointless right? Why would I want to put a social label on me? Would that change the perception people have of me?

10. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

turned in 10 papers today, and i got around 10 due to wednesday, but after that it is sweet sweet mary jane for the next couple of days

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Sick again... and having more C++ troubles. Oh, and I have a 6 page paper on Ingmar Bergman's Persona that I haven't started.

12. Ofelix

Media:
    Wow, that's my life! :lol: Hurray for mary jane!

13. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Saber - Feel free to PM me any more C++ questions you may have. I was happy to help last time...

14. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    C++ is teh evil.. can't they just redo the template thing(Lisp macros!!) and add anonymous functions?

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oh hell yeah! :hippy:

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I have decided to delve into the cryptic, voodoo-ish realm of regular expressions ... which will probably lead me down towards PERL ... alas :)

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Here in the US, if a citizen gives birth outside of the country, the child is still a legal citizen of the US. How do I know? My cousin married an Australian, and moved there ~7 months prior to giving birth. She moved back to the US about a year later, and my 2nd cousin's documentation says he's American.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Actually there is such a thing as an international passport, which (IIRC) a child born in international waters can get (I think there were some rather specific conditions, but I can't remember them). It must be pretty cool waving around the passport shouting "I'm a citizen of the WORLD! And I can prove it too!"

19. Ofelix

Media:
    What was my sister thinking naming me her daughter's godfather? I don't like babies, they all look the same anyway. Now I'll have to go to her "birth celebration", kinda like a baptism but without the religious nonsense, and give a speech to a crowd of people I mostly don't know. After that the family's going to get crazy about the baby and I'll have to pretend to like babies.

Ugh!

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    1 Hour till I have to be at uni. And I was hoping to sleep in too. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.