1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I require a Link to this article. :D

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I just bought a new car... well, not *new* but new to me. :D
    Got a '97 Honda Civic coupe.

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My laptop is dying slowly but very surely :cry:

I've also been asked to take my Tarot cards up to Solihull with me. Am a little concerned someone may try and play with them. Will leave me without my tools for a month if they do :( will just have to keep them hidden until I use them I guess.

I think my friend is expecting reaffirmation of what he got read with years ago of "You will die when you least expect it" :lol: I suspect silver was involved somehow!

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I can do better; a video;

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Grrr, my acne has decided that it's making a comeback and it HURTS!

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have to go back to school today. Crap.

7. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I've been sleeping so much over break... I decided to not use an alarm clock and I've been gone for 11-13 hours at a time, without having any physical exertion beforehand. It's crazy.

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    People always get more tired when they aren't using their brains!

Ah, a chilled out night with film4, Austin Powers and Airplane...a night for laughter in the Silvery household

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Okay... I drank more last night than the previous two years. I did win a gallon of mead, however, keeping up with our bard (who happens to be a meadmaker) during his rendition of "Ratlin Bog". Sweet.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wow. I hate gamestop. Last weekend, I bought two used games (which you can return within a week for a full refund) using my debit card. I made sure that they said if I returned the games, the money would be put back on the debit card (I don't want store credit!). I returned the games and got two new ones for the same amount. The guy also sold me a subscription for the Edge card, which gives discounts on used games. The total was 5 dollars more than I originally spent, so I gave him a 5 dollar bill.

Now, when I returned those games today, the guy at the desk said, "I can only give you 5 dollars in cash and the rest in store credit because the receipt says "cash" on it." I was like... You have got to be kidding me! I specifically made sure I could get the 90 bucks back on my debit card! He told me that because it said "cash" all he could give me was the cash that I paid and the rest in credit. So now I have 90 dollars to a store I only go to on vacations instead of having it in my debit card, where I need it.

I am pissed.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Saber; find some obscure and rare game at the store and pray that someone wants to pay a lot for it on Ebay. With luck you could end up with more money than before.

Just for the fun of it I checked wikipedia's article about my university; seeing pictures of it reminded me I'm going there tomorrow, meh.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I need to find something less expensive to do when I'm bored online than browse clothing websites :rolleyes:

Or at least buy some TROUSERS while I'm there.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Have you considered a game like TF2 8? Even if you don't like FPS it really is quite fun with friends.

14. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Got back from the BUCS Trampoline Finals last night; I'm utterly shattered! Still, it went fairly well: I won a silver and another guy from our club got a gold. Weren't many others from the Scottish Uni's down there- it looked like only two other clubs (Edinburgh and Stirling) managed to get any qualifiers. Still thinking of all the things I should have done differently to try and win, but second ain't too bad, right?

Mine pretty much does. After this week is done, there are no more lectures; I just have exams after the Easter break.

15. Silvery

Media:
    Congrats on the Silver Decados! Silver's better than gold anyway, it's more classy :lol:

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] Magister: Uni internet blocks most games. :(

17. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Sucks for you. I took Gold at BUCS :p Dundee Uni won the Fencing Trophy Final on the big saturday. I didn't know BUCS was still going. Just kidding, congrats on the Silver.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Thank you, coffee! I was able to finish my paper on time. Can this term end already?

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ahhhh...but it feels so good, doesn't it? :love: I usually sleep anywhere from 12-14 hours every Sunday, Monday, and some Tuesdays. :D
    That's usually how I feel whenever I make the mistake of going in to one of their stores. The typical GameStop grunt in a snot-nosed high school idiot who's like, "You wants Wii?!?! We don't *HAS* a Wii! But get on list for next shipment! Lists are cool!"

Yeah...no thanks. :skeptic:
    What's this? Rivalry between fellow sword pokers? :eek:

I'll see your spring steel rod, and raise you a hand folded and sharpened katana! :evil: I can't quite afford it yet, so we're going to have to postpone our match. :p

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Thanks Silvery. :)

That's alright, I'll just take solace in the fact that I didn't see anyone from Dundee even make it to the finals. :p

Not exactly; Dalveen is a fencer but I'm a trampolinist. So while he's poking other people with swords, I'm spinning round through the air praying that I'm going to land on my feet.

Incidentally, the Bugei stuff is good quality- I've trained with someone who used their swords. Pricey, but nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.