1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #106

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

was not hungry no, it was a snack thing

lazy? perhaps but i could not be bothered with waiting for insta-snack

EDIT: it appears that i am 21 and not the 20 years old i though i was..... wow

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have wasted the last two hours rather than sleeping or reading my schoolbooks... Oh well, I just have to temporarily change my priorities, then the waste is put out of perspective :p

3. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Wow, you guys were busy in the last 24 hours...

Silvery: Homeopathy isn't the same as phytotherapy, and certainly not rational phytotherapy. Plant medicines are not, by definition, homeopathic - they consist a great part of mainstream medicine as well. (Actually I wish all medicines in homeopathy were of plant origin - but there are actually some made from stuff like powdered bees and products of inflamed tissues which is just :/ )

DotW: It was actually invented by some renown 19th century (iirc) doctor whose daughter died from diphtheria so he got disappointed at standard medicine at the time. LSD might have worked too, though :p

Flix: Enjoy Ancient Rome - sorry about your holiday, but at least you have more time to prepare.

ChickenIsGood: Congrats on your uni basketball team making it to Elite Eight this year (I hope I understood your post right)

Now I feel like pop-corn...

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You didn't know your age? " Wow " indeed! :p

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, but you just pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes and come back after 3 minutes and take it out. I'm sure you can find something else to do for 3 minutes. :shake:

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:

This, with Tal's popcorn comment, just took me straight to the gutter . . .

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Most gas stations here in my area (N Florida) have gone over to prepay. Too many drive-offs occurred for gas station owners to be willing to risk it.

ION, I am fighting off one heck of a cold. It's taken down most of my friends for about a week. Here's hoping I win the fight, I've got a busy weekend planned.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ahh, gross man. Haha very nice.

In other news, I stayed up until 5.30 am writing my paper... only to realize once I got to class I need to rewrite it because I did it completely incorrectly.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

LMAO, at least you're being honest about it. :shake:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Just took a break from WoW and 4e D&D long enough to pop in for some spam.

Babble on...

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish a bag full of money would fall out of the sky and land in front of my feet. Tell me that I'm not being unreasonable.

12. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    It worked for me!

13. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haha, you did. And thanks. Basically I was making fun of the ridiculously long and often unnecessary names for many events these days... at least in America, I really have no clue if other countries do this dumb stuff.

We probably will lose soon though, our height deficiency will catch up to us soon. Thus far our schedule has been too soft to matter.

14. Ofelix

Media:
    Well well I've got a job interview this morning it's for the ministry of tourism. Yeah I know it's weird, but hey 13,50 $ / hour (about 8,45 Euro or 10,60 USD $) to basically speak on the phone is pretty good. Plus six years of babbling here has improved my English to near fluency, and it's a requirement for the job. I knew it wasn't all for nothing.

I want, no I need that job how else am I going to pay for Uni ?

15. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I need help. Meant to be going to a party tonight, didn't notice it was 90s themed. The problem being that my I keep streamlining my wardrobe, meaning that I only have clothes of the current trends in fashion, and nothing that will pass for 90s.

16. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was going to say something snarky, but then I realized that you're right - your English has improved dramatically. It's not perfect, but it's better than some of the so-called English-only speaking members on SP, so that's saying something. :)

Anyway, good luck with the interview.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hehehe...I can't wait to see what good old Stick in the Mud (HB) has to say about my new thread! :evil:

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I managed to change your mind? and prevent a "snarky" comment? Never thought I've seen the day :lol: And that's why I said "near" fluency, I'm not arrogant enough to claim otherwise.

Apparently my computer seems to lag while playing Mask of the Betrayer, it seems it can't handle 5+ "flashy, coulourful, and explosive" nine level spells, 3-4 summoned creatures, and 6+ enemies. It ain't my fault that meteor swarm, firestorm and storm of vengeance provides an effective and quick remedy to any battle :p

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    The snow is still here. Yes! :D I was afraid it would melt before I got home, but it's still here.

Vučko (a neighbour's German shepherd) has become the unoffical constable of my street (this part of it anyway). He is quite protective of a whole number of backyards - to the displeasure of certain ladies that visit each other for coffee. :p Good thing that he is benevolent and well known around the neighbourhood, so people don't run away on sight.

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Damn Neds dropped a stone on my windescreen as i passed out of an underpass, gonna cost me £60 to replace it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.