1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Is it wrong I feel almost giddy with excitement over the success of my plan?

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess it depends on what your plan is Dalveen. For instance, if you planned to get up and fix yourself a cup of tea then it would be kind of wrong to be all giddy about that. If your plan was to play the stock markets on a sure thing and then you got lots of money for it then I guess it wouldn't be all that wrong to get giddy about it. It is all relative you know.

3. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Day one of the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire is over and I'm exhausted. Tomorrow will be a repeat of today, just with a greater likelihood of rain.

4. Dice

Media:
    I was thinking about the fact that my kids lego doesn't have nearly enough plant pieces so I thought I would try to make some of my own design out of polymer clay and see if I can make them fit. Should be an interesting experiment and provide a vastly more interesting lego world if it works.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Perhaps you should have looked at his previous post? :shake:

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's the spirit! :thumb:

Hmmm...Circuit City is going out of business, time to reap some major discounts! :bigeyes:

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Got a chance to actually play D&D last night instead of falling into the DM role. It was fun. Also my first chance to play the Pathfinder RPG that I've been hearing about. I'd like a closer look before I comment too much there...

8. Dice

Media:
    Perhaps you are right Magister :doh: :D . I actually looked on the previous page and missed the fact that it was just a few posts back - I looked but for some reason my observational skills and my ability to concentrate have flown right out the window lately.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Why can't I turn Noclip_ON in real life? :nolike:

10. Dice

Media:
    Wow, RBP is really slow today. The last post I made was about 16 hours ago and there is only one more post after it.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, maybe it's because it is Sunday and most people are busy doing, uhm other* thing than spamming on RBB?

* I don't you what that would involve.

12. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Sometimes I wish my textbooks had glow-in-the-dark text...

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Subluxed my left shoulder quite badly today :wail: am terrified it will dislocate because I'll have to go to hospital to have it put back in place.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Never heard that term before. Subluxed. What does it mean?

You know if I don't start going to bed before 3am VERY soon I'm going to end fainting during the day. :nolike:

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Three MSN conversations can really make it hard to keep up with the internet stuff I want to try...

16. Dice

Media:
    Subluxed

@ Lore - Have you considered that if you textbooks were glow in the dark then you would have to go to the trouble over pre-opening every page you were going to read and holding them under light for a while just so you could go and read them fast in the dark before the glow got to faint to see? Mind you, you are good with chemistry so maybe you could invent some glow-ink that activated on contact with air.

17. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    D-Fly: If I pick the phosphorescent material right, I could maintain the glow for several hours after the text being exposed to light.

OTOH, the most elegant method would probably be chemoluminescence - provided that I could get my books printed in an inactive reagent, which would be activated during reading... downside: I couldn't reread the text.
    (And such books would probably be expensive)

I guess, what I really wish for, in achievable terms, is to have more of my textbooks available in e-editions. It settles the light issue, too :)

Chalk this post off on it being 6 am here...

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My throat hurts, and I've been coughing/sneezing all day. If I'm sick, I'm going to be pissed off. :nolike:

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    D-fly & Loreseeker: Maybe you could use glow worm mucus? Of course you would have to find a way to make it stick on paper, remain in place and stay phosphorescent. ;)

20. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

finally got a new AC charger for my labtop after it was attacked with deadly force by the brown right slipper and crashed, how i have missed the interwebs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.