1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Meh, I'd trade your -2C any day of the week! Especially since this past two weeks have been brutally cold (in the -20 to -30C range) Today it was -10C and I actually thought it was "hot" :rolleyes:

I have nothing meaningful to add at this particular moment so I'll just write the first five words that come to my mind: Monkey, Balloon, Respite, Procrastination, Voodoo.

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Voodoo - Interesting word, interesting religion. The Serpent and the Rainbow is a very good book to read if you are at all interested in voodoo.

Weather here was in the -20's today. A week and a half of spring fake-out followed by real January weather again.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I recant a statement from a couple weeks ago--WoW really is addictive...

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Does anyone have any good sources on how to encipher text?

5. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Use handwriting of most physicians? :p

Fog outside. No gorillas.

My winter break starts tomorrow (after History of Pharmacy + Ethics exam) but it will really start in February. If all goes well, that is.

Feeling happy for no good reason.

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Told you so. :D

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You make that sound like it's a bad thing! :p

You need mist for that...not fog...there's a difference. :rolleyes:

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    You could go to amazon.com and search for "Encryption" or "Cryptography". I don't know how advanced you want them to be and unfortunately I don't know any of the books myself.

My master's thesis dealt with network security which relies heavily on encryption but research articles may not be what you're looking for. :)

Nah, another physician might be able to break the code. Besides, it should be a code that the sender can write and the recipient can read. :grin:

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If the sender is a physician and the receiver is a pharmacist then the job's a good 'un

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Dalveen, glad the car's better.

Magister, it is indeed a nice hat.

I am confused.

Therefore I am babbling.

Or is it the other way around?

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've got a very nice book on cryptography, but it's back in Montreal and I don't remember who the author is, or even what the exact title is. Sorry :(

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have so much clothing that will never see the light of day :(
    Purely because I never get to go out anywhere nice or the boyfriend isn't really interested in it. Bah!

13. revmaf

8people, give it to a charity. Because of my ineptness in shopping I end up with lots of brand new stuff I never wear. It goes to a local thrift store that supports a special scholarship program, with the tags still on it, sometimes.

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't want to give it to charity, it's new, I've bought it fairly recently, I just want to be able to wear it without getting any hassle!

15. revmaf

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I guess if it's really occasion-oriented clothing it is indeed frustrating not to have the occasion to wear it to. I have no suggestions for that so of course I am babbling about it.

ION, from 5F Wednesday it is expected to reach 55F Friday. Must be winter in east Tennessee.

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Can't you simply wear the clothes anyway in a casual way?

17. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The boyfriend isn't interested in the clothing or he's not interested in going out anyplace nice? If it's just the clothing he's not interested in, crew him and wear it anyhow. If he doesn't want to go anywhere nice then find out why and change it if you can (I don't take my wife out to nice places as much as I would like but it's mostly because of $$$$ issues.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I have the hiccups. Please kill me.

19. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG]
    A combination of I like to wear relatively formal stuff when I go out anyway and he gets terribly sulky if I get... er... attention. It's not like I run around in a mini skirt and a boob tube :p I always wear trousers or full length skirts with a fitted top or corset. More casually I have jeans and t-shirts which tend to be the things I wear most for aforementioned reasons.

Guess I'm just a little tired of being able to finally get clothes that fit me better and only seem to be able to wear them around the house!

20. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just bloody well tell him darling. He's a man for goodness sake, he's hardly likely to take the hint on his own!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.