1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Miss a weekend at BoM and you are light years behind.

So, to summarize:

To all of you on holidays: Have fun! :)

To all of you with tests or test results: My sympathy and joined misery. :p Hang in there, we are almost into holidays.

To all bored: *tosses a snowball*

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

:hello:

Finally - I'm back!
    Went on vacation way back in October and returned to find my home computer dead - oh, well, it was old and tired and ready to go to its reward. And first day back at work the office computer had a major problem with its internal modem so we've only been able to connect slowly through a borrowed external dialup modem, and therefore strictly forbidden to do anything but work.

Now a new computer at home and at work both, as of today, and DSL both places - yay!

I've missed literally months of babbling, but now I'm back and expecting to babble with the best!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Welcome back Revmaf, it's been relatively quiet around here :D Quick! Babble!

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Shall do! What on earth is my university thinking? My final exam is at 16h00! But I've also had one this morning at 8h30, so now I'm back at home to err, "study".

/me slips some Bacardi in his coffee. Much Better now....

In other news it seems I cannot stream videos on my laptop to my desktop using VLC, uh? How? I've got the right IP, the right command line and the right port, then why won't it bloody stream?!

Technology hates me. :o

Oh, you meant Revmaf right?

Believe me, I've been away from BOM for quite some time now, mainly due to University and stuff, and I just didn't bother to look up all the babbling I missed :p

Anyhow I feel your pain, anything but DSL is barbaric in the 21th century

Now people of BOM hear me;

Sudo get me a beer -Delirium 1L /home/Ofelix

Anyone knows Delirium? That sweet Belgian beer ? It has got a pink elephant on the bottle it's awesome!

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I should probably start thinking about what I am going to get people for Christ-mass...

6. revmaf

I have just come home from getting my flu shot - late, but I was sick much of November and they wouldn't give it to me and then I just didn't get around to it till today. Now my arm hurts. I considered skipping it but then I remembered how awful it was the last time I had the flu, about 12 years ago, and now that I'm even more of a :geezer: I thought I'd better go ahead and get it.

So I sat in a waiting room with five screaming, sniffling, coughing toddlers and their whiny, sniffling, coughing moms. I bet I now have the flu . . . :mad:

Good thing I have a working computer again so I have somewhere to share my pain - and shake my head over my own silly self! :rolleyes:

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The wonders of having a boyfriend who is good at wrapping presents...

*cracks whip*

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Freeeeeeeeeeedooooooooooooooom! At least until January 6th. Now that I've done all my tests, I can revert back to my natural state; lazy, drunk, and pantless Weeeeeeeeeee :rolling: :spin:

/me opens a Rickard's red.

A toast to all who have finished school or are about to do so! :beer:

9. revmaf

Congrats, Ofelix. January 6 is Epiphany, in the Western church calendar; AKA Old Christmas in the Southern U.S. mountains. My mother, God rest her soul, always insisted on leaving all Christmas decorations up through that day.

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    LOL!!! That's awesome! :thumb: Chicks and guns...there are few things in life better than that. :p

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I thought the rule was that Christmas decorations came down on Jan 1, hungover or not!

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I finally got my VCE today. Yay.

And now, some music. :D

13. Loreseeker

Media:
    Depends on the country. Here the New Year decorations stay up until January 14th. :p

Welcome back, revmaf. :)

*runs of to her faculty labs, always a few minutes late*

14. Saber

I wish I were pantless too...

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I think I can help you out....

<Kitrax> !Tip the pants off of Saber
    * Mystra takes the pants off of Saber, "Thanks Kitrax!"

Your welcome! :D

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Eastern Denmark was hit by an earthquake this morning! :jawdrop: It measured an appalling 4.7 on the Richter scale and as such was the strongest earthquake in Denmark in 23 years. It is very, very unusual that we have such "powerful" earthquakes, and of course it is all over the front pages.

I guess this tells everything about the level of seismic activity here. :grin: Just a pity I slept right through it. :rolleyes:

ION, welcome back to Flix and revmaf! :banana: Long time no see!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  17. Loreseeker

Media:
    Earthquake in Denmark? Wow...

BoM is quite effective as a news network. :)

Earthquakes are rare here, too, and I must say I'm glad. I react horribly to them, ever since the army artillery depot blew up a few years back... :bad:
    Actually, I react to them pretty much like ALF does. :p

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh. Welcome back revmaf. :wave:

19. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    My family kept the same rule as revmaf's. My cousin puts hers up Christmas eve and takes them down on Jan. 6th. Oh, may a few go up before but the tree goes up Christmas Eve. I don't put up Christmas decorations since I spend Christmas week with her but if I did I would do the same. The ancient tradition of the twelve days of Christmas.

Welcome back, revmaf. :wave:

20. Saber

Hey, thanks! Woooo!

In other news, I am writing a movie over this vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.