1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #105

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We're getting pounded by a pretty nasty snow storm ATM... Glad I get to sleep though most of it. :D

In other news, I found out today that there is no Xmas break for my online class...so I have to log on to the system on the 24th and the 26th and the 31st. :nolike:

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    I don't quite understand this idea personally, care to elaborate?

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I concur, what is it that you speak of? "Let's play thread" ? Uh? Why is it that I never want to study for the last tests? Uh, let Monday come already at least it'll be over with.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My cards are really in quite a pleasant mood today.

I may try and expand on my repetoire of spreads and look into more specific readings.

My step-sister has told me to set up a website :shake:

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Let's Play threads were, I believe, a creation of something awful forums.

Basically someone plays the game, posts screenshots (or videos) and does some hopefully funny commentary. Other people may give advice, propose choices etc.
    Best LPs are the ones where the player either knows the game extremely well, or has never played it (and sucks at it). It doesn't really matter if the "audience" has or hasn't played the game. Or if the game is good or not...
    The main thing is that everyone has fun with the thread and gets another reason to procrastinate in the almighty internet.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It's official, I have a cold. This is going to suck...

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Muahaha....As a gift for our friends, I getting them one of those "magnetic poetry" sets that features The "F" Word. :D I'm also getting the wife one of those sets that's all insults and put downs. :grin:

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

3AM and still drinking booze.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

IM'd a friend that I haven't talked to for a few months. Failed to convince her to marry me and live out our lives as humble Tanzanian basket-weavers. At first she was all for it, but we came to the conclusion that her dad would travel there to rescue her (he was never too fond of me). On the other hand her mom always liked me, so she would try to hold back the father, knowing that her daughter was in good hands. Unfortunately it turns out the question of "who wears the pants in that relationship" was a toss-up and the father's passion won out.

Too bad, I was quite keen on the idea.

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have had the strangest dream! It involved an ex-girlfriend, Fruits, a cat, and uhm... I can't tell much more there's minor here I think :p

Yeah! Tomorrow's last day of exams! Now I just have to not waste my day playing video games and drink beer. And it'll be hard; I just got Chrono Trigger for the DS, damn that game is awesome!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Go for it, sounds fun.

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I might start one around new year, I'm busy next week and without a PC during the following. That should also give me enought time to decide on a game as well.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Our High Speed came back online this morning. Mind you I was only able to use if for a couple stretches and spent most of the day sleeping trying to get rid of this damned cold...

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I got my results enter score for uni today.
    My god I'm depressed right now :(

15. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I just had a total blonde moment. I was searching for a post using the little searchy type thing at the top of the screen and when it came up, some words were highlited red. I thought that this was a new censor or something until I realised that they were the words I'd searched for.........

16. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] That is quite blonde. I've heard worse though :D

"My step-father quite often works from 5am to 3am."
    "Ah, he's not married then."
    "Step-father???"
    "Shh."

Also hoping my best friend is okay. She may be getting some bad news today. Alex and I have offered up our rooms for her to stay for a couple of nights if she wants to get away from it all, she said she'll probably take up the offer, so I'll be spending the day making my room as nice as possible for her. Will probably go into town later and stock up on Ben & Jerry's and get a few other bits and bobs for both her and Christmas final bits... like wrapping paper that doesn't say 'Happy Birthday'

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I had a blonde phone call with a friend on Saturday in which I basically put my foot in my mouth most of the the time. It was forgiveable, I hope, and I guess I'll have to make amends :shake:

Except for that, I plan to go to the movies tomorrow evening, first 'Body of Lies' and then 'Max Payne' (I bet that there is a slow motion scene with Wahlberg dodging a bullet, that he utilises to show off his six pack in extenso).

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I just saw Twilight in the movies. And I must say it was one of the best cinematic recreations of a novel I've ever seen. They stuck to the entire storyline and cut out almost nothing. All in all, it was a good night. :)

19. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, considering those books sucked, I don't think that sticking to the story is really a good thing. :p I mean, come on! Sparkling Vampires?!?!? Anne Rice had the right idea...but this Meyer chick has ruined vampires.

Hmmm...that gives me an idea for a movie: Anne Rice's vamps VS Stephanie Meyer's. Oh wait, that wouldn't last very long as Rice's vamps would rip Meyer's to bits before the opening previews were over. :rolleyes:

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I guess you have to be a teen to appreciate those books. :p

Edit: I didn't want to double post. I found this on one of my random searches through the net.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.